ITT Inefficient languages

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/How-much-English-is-borrowed-derived-from-French
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

latin really was a stupid language

Kys lad
Only shit thing about it is conjunction in sentences

you know everyone can see your flag right? Why do you feel the need to say "I am from the UK as shown by my flag"

What language is the best?

Obviously French senpai

In truth, the one you like the most. All languages are equal in descriptive power

French is so garbage to learn. So many fucking exceptions everywhere.

Dumbass, maybe his name is Flag. Ever consider that, you insensitive prick?

Pśćżł pszek śtkieć..

>Pshchzhw pshek shtkiech
wot

English for me. Either my knowledge of it is too lacking or it's just really hard to be expressive in English.

English

Euskal da nahiko haria honetan eraginkorra?

English is indeed inexpressive language.

Flavourtongue

Rude

1,025,109.8 words in the english language, and you people can't use it well enough to express yourselves properly?

japanese is clearly an inefficient language. it literally got cuck'd by chinese and its pronunciation and it changed so much that now the language is heavily dependable on those dubious ancient scribbles

English is easy to learn, difficult to master. Most people take the easy route and either never develop the expressive or "humanities" side of English, or they just buy a big honking high-quality thesaurus. But yes, it's tricky and people seldom practise that hard or deeply.

lol

80% of them come from French

like "le internet"

More like 30%

quora.com/How-much-English-is-borrowed-derived-from-French

>quora.com

Well I can usually say, what's on my mind but the word order is very strict, I have to sprinkle prepositions everywhere, there are no cases and I can't make my own words, so English seems very inflexible.

You just need to study more

But no matter how large my vocabulary becomes, the grammar will stay the same.

Work on your grammar

>I can't make my own words
psst, they'll never understand what a synthetic language is

Err, does that add cases to the language? Can I then twist and mold words and sentences as I please?

I'm starting to suspect the same.
>Tfw Finnish isn't polysynthetic
So sad. ;_;

>basque
terrorists out, this is an indo-european thread

>this is an indo-european thread
Rude.

>Kanji are inefficient

で・き・ない〜

Each kanji has dozens of different pronunciations

Shit is retarded. It doesn't save as much space on paper as the japs like to think either. They usual substitute only 1-2 kata/hira characters for each kanji character

>vomit sounds
>the best

what is so hard about saying dekinai

>Therefor
>Daher
>C'est la raison pour laquelle

>What's that?
>Was ist das?
>Qu'est-ce que c'est?

We were talking about efficiency, Henri…

I've found German is great for expressing emotion. The words just sound right for what I'm trying to get across and it has a good variety of them

Japanese is straight to the point

Italian is the prettiest

>Japanese is straight to the point

it is literally the most indirect (because that's considered polite) language in existence

This isn't accurate French.

The only good thing about japanese is its phonology

Consistent pronunciation is good too. And that's about it.

It has the ability to be very concise due to the "can drop anything that's known from context" rule but ends up being roundabout and overlong for cultural reasons. If everyone used blunt informal language it would be as the leaf said.