youtube.com/watch?v=VZZvPlGCt_8

Other urls found in this thread:

un.org/en/sc/members/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Then why did NATO help take him down?

Nato did something wrong

NATO is shit though

because your future president is a psychopathic war criminal

Don't listen America, you did the right thing on that one. Of course you arrived a little late and left early, but still you did the right thing.
Canada too. Congrats on a job well done.

The military intervention was in response to United Nations Security Council Resolution #1973, which was proposed by Lebanon, backed by France and the UK.
10 Security Council members voted in the affirmative (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Colombia, Gabon, Lebanon, Nigeria, Portugal, South Africa, and permanent members France, the UK, and the US). 5 abstained, and none opposed.

So in short, the Libyan population called for help, the UN validated the call, and stout countries from all over the world responded in a timely and manly way.
You're good on that one America.

>The UN somehow has the power to call for a crusade
What

>Colombia
Damn, i thought i could play innocent and shit on the typical yankee imperialism, but to think that i, too, have some of that blood in my hands...

It wasn't a Crusade, Lebanon who took the initiative, while having a Christian PM, is partly a muslim country.
In addition, Qatar, Jordan, and the United Arab Emirates all contributed air assets to the operation.

So it was nice countries from all religions taking down a genocidal dictator. Makes you feel all warm inside.

why is bosnia, colombia and gabon in the security council?

or does that security council change every year or whatever

un.org/en/sc/members/

>The UN has unironically the power to call for a dozen nations to wreck a country up

It wasn't Yankee that time, but French, if that makes you feel any better.
Lebanon is a "really good friend of France" so it was a nice opportunity. Gabon is another.

Qatar and the UAE buy their planes from us and their pilots train with ours so their participation was secured.
It's not that they were needed (actually Gaddaffi's air force was so feeble, ours could have taken it easily), but having Arab countries onboard precisely made it look unlike a Crusade.
The hardest part was to get Russia and China to abstain but they were convinced.
And the first airstrikes took place just the day before elections in France which is not a coincidence either.

Perhaps some of you remembered we commented this live on Sup Forums (/news/) at the time.

Nah, I don't think Hillary will win.

The Security Councul is an extremely powerful tool when used correctly.
All our blatant imperialist operations are UN-sanctionned so we can claim we are responding to the world's calls for help while furthering our interests. Libya is just an example, there have been many others before or since.

>The UN has unironically the power to call for a dozen nations to wreck a country up

Absolutely. And it was 19 nations, including neutral Sweden.

A pair of Italian politicians are captured by a fierce African tribe and tied to poles. A tribal leader says to one of the Italians: “You, do you want to die or bunga bunga?” The politician chooses the second option.
But bunga-bunga turns out to mean forced intercourse.
“All the warriors in the village did him,” said Mr Berlusconi, laughing as he recounted the joke.
The tribal leader then approaches the second Italian and asks the same question.
The terrified Italian says: “I’d prefer to die.”
The tribesman replies: “Fine, you will die, but first let’s do some bunga bunga!”

>there have been many others before or since.
is there a place where you can check?

>correctly.
But like all that is needed is to make a deal with Russia and China beforehand to force them not to intervene,

I wonder how high are the chances for this happening in Eastern Europe and the balkans again

There must be a list of the UN resolutions, yes.
Some other French interventions I remember from the top of my head are Opération Licorne in Côte d'Ivoire (2002-2014), and more recently Opération Serval in Mali (ongoing).

wikipedia should deliver

He didnt have a couple of WMD missiles pointed at paris and pissrael.

See this is why North Korea will truly never do nothing wrong.

>I wonder how high are the chances for this happening in Eastern Europe and the balkans again
Practically guaranteed if they mess up again.
Actually France still has troops deployed in Kosovo as of today.

When I was a wee lad doing his military service I volunteered for the "Bihac pocket battalion" deployed in Croatia as part of the UN force FORPRONU.
Unfortunately I ended up stuck near Versailles managing the fuel stocks for the guys departing for there. I still got a badge and a medal.
Sucks to have studied chemistry.