Genuine question:

Genuine question:
Do Brits just care about the Royal Family because they don't have enough A-List stars to fill the tabloids? I see no other reason for the obsession with the minutiae of the daily lives of this entirely lackluster group of people.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Executed_reigning_monarchs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's just another part of the national identity to cling to

Kinda like Americans and guns

At least you can do something with a gun, I can't do shit with a royal.

Except guns can be useful and the royal family isn't

You can.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Executed_reigning_monarchs

Surely, they aren't going to ditch their Commonwealth organization and tourist industries for the sake of building republic.

>why yes I only like things I can physically use

Why don't you ask the question when it isn't the morning in Britain

americans are the largest consumers of the stuff about the british royals, they are their biggest conssumers

No, the royal family aren't 'celebrities', they're part of the national character. The queen helps makes England England (to monarchists at least). I doubt you'd ever be able to understand it

That wasn't the point of what I said, but we were both pointing out that the comparison was bad. Comparing overblown celebrities to a widely available tool is just ridiculous.

>part of national identity

Do you understand yet

Genuine statement: Americans are more obsessed with the royals than us

Honestly most people here wouldn't even know their names if I asked them

You're one of those types who says 'Murrica "ironically" when you go shooting, aren't you?

This is something you brits tell yourselves that I see little evidence of IRL. I remember when one of the princes got married a bit ago and I think the lady showed her tits on a cruise or something.

I know they're really big in your media and it's always yanks making these dumb threads
Like most people here, I don't really care or think about them much, wanting a Republic is just edgy and pointless though

This is not true, some of them just think it's neat

No I don't go shooting because I'm not a shitbag redneck

We get public holidays for special Royal occasions like weddings and jubilees and their occasional television events are consistently the most watched things in Britain. If you are a republican here you're seen as an edgy twat.

I like that we get public holidays because of some irrelevant family thousands of k's away. Cheers cunts