Lets talk about cities

Hey Sup Forums, Im making a a game with some people and we're just about to go from base coding to actually planning out the meat and potatoes of the game. First we need to pick a city to set the game in.

I was wondering if some of you Sup Forums folks could describe the city you live in, including the different neighborhood or boroughs found throughout. Id like to base the city we'll make on a real one so that we can inform decisions about it social and physical structure, rather than making that shit up on our own.

I don't go out so i don't know pal

Oh, come on. There must be something weird about where you live in Colombia. That place is off the wall.

I'm assuming you mean large city, right?

What are you looking for? It'd be easier to describe then

Just the layout of the city. A description of the neighborhoods its divided into, their relative placement, and what makes them different from one another. The name of the city couldnt hurt either, so I could go in and look into it in detail.

I can do a small city, as long as it has distinct structure and boroughs throughout. Hell, even if it doesnt. Just talk about where you live and what the layout is like.

There is this beggar with some big tumor in his ass that doesn't let him walk and stays on the entrance of the biggest church asking for money.

All day every day?

Not every day, but a good 7/10 times you'll find him there or in the close proximities.

Pic related is more or less where i live. As you can see there is the main streets and it branches off to both sides where the houses are.

If you go straight from here you reach a park and some restaurants/bars, if you go left you'll find a land lot with nothing constructed yet.

The neighborhood has 2 exits through main roads and it's located fairly towards the center of the city.

Well, I live in Stockholm.
It's divided into several but distinctive and recognizable districts.

Norrort. (Northen parts)
Kungsholmen. (Royal islet)
Östermalm. (Eastern Ore)
Norrmalm. (Western Ore)
Södermalm. (Southern Ore)
Söderort. (Southern Parts, also called South of South)

>Norrort
Where I was born. It's an economically diverse district, but is divided, for most part into Danderyd, Täby, Solna and Sundbyberg.

These are all suburbs, with Danderyd being renowned for being one of the richest counties in the country. It's there where all the villas are, some celebrities, mostly rich corporate fellas with the exception of the area around the subway which is more like uppermiddleclass. In some ways it's sheltered from the rest of Stockholm with the only access is via subway or freeway. Danderyd is also home to one of Stockholms best hospitals which also serves as a major hub for buses and communication with the rest of Stockholm

Täby is a lot like Danderyd, sheltered and with a lot of villas. There's also slums with immigrants but relatively crimefree. It's all centered around a giant mall called Täby Centrum. Maybe small by american standards(?) it's one of the biggest in Sweden.

Solna, is where I was born :3. It has a certain characteristic with Sundbyberg, with both being close to downtown, that is, economic diversity. From moneymakers that might be from Danderyd in the villas surrounding the two lakes Råstasjön and Lötsjön to working class immigrants in the projects called Hagalund, made distinctive by several tall, blue, square, houses called Blåkulla. Right next to it is a heritage site for the Swedish silversmith Olle Olsson. A click away from there is the largest hospital and medical research facility in Sweden. Turn around again and you'll come across the largest arena in Scandinavia called Friends Arena accompanied by a mall, (Also the biggest one in scandinavia :^)). It's really people from all walks of life there.

>forgot about sundbyberg
It's the same as Solna in most part, minus the giant attractions and it's smaller. With a smudge more hipsters and families. A much more beatiful place, than Solna for sure.

Ask if you want me to explain further on something or if I'm missing something you want, specifically to know

Here's an example of the wasteland with no buildings, and what i pressume it's some drug dealer doing his business in it.

Did op die?

Going to eat now, can continue later

meme kebab shops,burger shops and the usual chinese/nepali/fried cat-food scene

Very remote
Building stone is oxyded limestone, roofs are made in slate
It used to be a stronghold in a loop of a river bording the holy roman empire (Germany)
Fortifications are ancient and predate the star citadel system
After french conquest both sides of the river became french and a new town was built in an other loop of the river near the ancient one by an italian noble given land by the french king according to the Renaissance ideal of perfect city still in oxyded limestone/slate
Between the old and new town there was an independent principalty, didn't stay independent for long and was integrated into France after the prince death
It was a very industrialised city in 19 century, now all of this is in ruin and it starts to switch into tertiary, new technologies
Both town joined in the 20 century by urban sprawl, few small towns arounfd were incorporated too, some of them are from the middle ages/gallo roman times

trash thread

Really weird, you can find huge ass neighborhoods around 4km^2, with colonial architecture, densely populated streets and huge qt parks, and then stumble with a main road filled with a insane amount of street vendors, skyscrapers and 6 lane avenues. surrounding this main neighborhoods (old city) and commercial/financial zones, you'll find a mix between middle class neighborhoods (high rise departments and houses with good maintenance) and low class neighborhoods (just imagine a favela; unpainted houses, dirty streets and vecindades).

1-houses and nothing special
2-houses and nothing special
3-houses and nothing special
4-gommieblocks,imported moldovans,grocery stores
5-city centre
6-GYPSIES,like a lot of them,it's the town's ghetto,but with asphalt roads this time
7-houses and nothing specials
8-Richer gypsies and a couple of bozgors
9-houses and nothing special
10-germans used to live here,chillest part of town,children play on the street and shit
11-Second worst ghetto
12-empty streets,sometimes there are drug dealers around but it's not a dangerous area
13-bozgor part

Also,we've got some weird people around,there's a 90+ year old bald guy running or sitting on his head in the middle of the street,occasionally shouting,a handicapped gypsy sitting in front of a building on a seat swinging and screaming unintelligible bullshit,some drunk bloke who drinks sanitary alcohol to end up in the hospital and have where to sleep,ocasionally stays in front of trams when they're in the station shouting "run over me" and a guy that literally takes shits on buildings
there's also a basement in my street where I think about 20 gypsies live

we've got bike lanes absolutely fucking everywhere even if they make no sense (there's one in the middle of some tram tracks)

enjoy

I don't live in a city luckily.

Only pakis and poor people live in cities here, they're shitholes.

Hi where are the discussion about Binland :-DDD