If America is so terrible, why is it consistently in the top 20 of all relevant ratings? HDI, SPI, Median income...

If America is so terrible, why is it consistently in the top 20 of all relevant ratings? HDI, SPI, Median income, Where to be Born etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_proven_oil_reserves
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>HDI
>unironically resorting to paki rankings for damage control

It's jealously/insecurity

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI
>27th

Adjust for wealth inequality and the US plummets m8

>inequality

Explain to me why you think a high school dropout who works at McDonalds should earn as much as someone who spent 10 years completing a PhD in engineering with a side business degree?

>beneath booland

>Take HDI
>Tack on an extra rating
>Call it accurate
So does the UK but no one brings it up nearly as often.

All IHDI measures is the quality of life of the poorest strata, not the average.

The UK gains places when adjusted for inequality

Does the average upper middle class American lives better than the average Norwegian? No memes please

so his children would be able to complete PhD's in engineering. Also: why wouldn't both make enough to have a nice life? Not everything is about money.

Which is hilarious to say the least. Shows how shit of an index it is.

America is a devloping nation.

Compare places like Beverly Hills California to Flint Michigan to see how much of a shithole this country really is.

It ranks #1 in Where to be Shot ranking.

ITT: Norwegians who have never lived in America, Americans who have never lived in Norway and finally both sides pretending to have lived in either country.

It's like that in almost every big country you traitorous cuck

Having a large population helps

Right, and there are losers in every society.

When governments dump welfare on their "poorest strata," the QoL is raised for them. The welfare money comes from the rich and middle, which drags both of them down.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_proven_oil_reserves

>USA 36,000 MMbbl per 320,000,000 people
>Norway 7,000 MMbbl per 5,000,000 people

>0.0001 vs. 0.0014 MMbbl per capita (14 fold difference)

Okay.

>so his children would be able to complete PhD's in engineering.

Poverty is positively correlated to IQ, so not really. There's this little thing called genetics you should look into.

Not in countries like Switzerland or Denmark.

Oh dear, you're a special one. Inequality isn't about muh top 1%. it's measured by the GINI coefficient

>This unironically triggers the Yuropoor
>They will vehemently deny this and try to argue that it's shit compared to "Hyper inequality measuring, no guns allowed adjusted" Index

Gini coefficient measures income disparity from the top 10% to the bottom 10%, UK is still the worst and Europe and almost US tier. It even has worse social mobility despite lower inequality.

>Poverty is positively correlated to IQ
[citations needed]

>There's this little thing called genetics you should look into.
IQ is not necessarily linked to genetics, nor is IQ linked to academic achievement/bussines achievement. A lot of children that are mentally capable are not able to develop themselves simply because their parents lack the money to fund them.

You still did not answer my question btw

Those aren't big countries.

4U

Because the US is a big and easy target to take on and ignore your own countries problems.

>20th place
YES! BRAVO!

do you know any other developped countries with size comparable to the united states of america?

>Poverty is positively correlated to IQ, so not really. There's this little thing called genetics you should look into.
Predetermination is so retarded, this is the reason why we genocided all of the protestants

Did you know Napoleon came from an irrelevant tiny Corsican house, was of low rank, and he got bullied in school ?
Hitler was basically a poor hobo failure of a man

Japan is the closest in terms of population and they are not a complete shithole.

>Hitler was basically a poor hobo failure of a man
And he became a rich, powerful failure.

If you're poor and smart you can actually get a lot of financially aid and have less debt from said PhD than someone from a middle class background.

>we genocided all of the protestants
?

>My random graph off Google is better than your ransom graph off Google because reasons

>Japan's 15.7% poverty rate is above than countries which have less resources and are less developed than Japan, namely, Slovak Republic (6.5%), Slovenia (7.2%), and Poland (10.1%) Poverty rate is increasing at an alarming rate of 1.3% in Japan, since 1985. The poverty rate increase average is 1.0% annually for all other OECD member nations, just below the US.

nope, it's only just behind France after tax. the gini coefficient uses a cumulative distribution function. it has nothing to do with the top 10% and bottom 10%.
>american education strikes again

Deal with it nerd :^)

in theory perhaps, but not in practice. That still doesn't explain why a PhD should earn exponantialy more than a burger flipper. It is just nice to have a society where no one is poor as fuck, with less room for social devision.

>this is the reason why we genocided all of the protestants

I'm still here.

>Lazy catholics can't even genocide without cutting corners

My mistake.
>R/P 10%: The ratio of the average income of the richest 10% to the poorest 10%

Yeah but isn't the poverty rate set my each country so you can't make a direct comparison?

Borderline poverty in Japan probably isn't poverty in poland

>Top 20
wow you really set the bar high there, José

How about top 10, or top 5 if you want to impress someone.

>That still doesn't explain why a PhD should earn exponantialy more than a burger flipper.
PhDs honestly don't make that much here . A Master's in Finance or a Bachelor's from a good school will probably get you to a higher income level.

>it's only just behind France after tax.
Ok? That's nothing special. You're still one of the worst.

This looks like a particularly weird set of countries chosen to line up with the point being made

They're all OECD countries, but I can understand your point.

>"land of opportunity"
Land of the poorest social mobility in the developed world.

false jewish statistics, don't trust the Jews.

It's measured by less than 50% of the median income but you're right, it's not an exact measure. The problem is that absolute poverty rates are so low that they are near 0 in western countries.

Hehe

St Barthelemy massacre for example

The King wanted to befriend the protestants.
Organized a marriage, giving a French princess, to a protestant man ! (who just happened to be Henri IV)

Everyone was pissed.

Catholics ordered the city to be closed off.
Opened every house, rounded up all the protestants.

Stripped them naked, killed them all, threw them in the Seine.

Protestant nobles were taken out of the palace, the same happened to them.

The king wanted to stop it since it went too far, but no one gave a shit.

Really an important, defining part of French and European history imo

that is like saying the americans killed every high schooler because columbine happened.

I also don't like how you went in to that much detail. Just saying "we killed a bunch of protestant lmao" would have sufficed.

Columbine was just one high school tho, on the other hand not many protestants were left after that

Anyways what do i care what you like, you ask me a question i give you a real answer of what actually happened not 2ines little quip bullshit