Britain's new aircraft carriers will make enemies 'think twice'

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/19/britains-vast-new-aircraft-carriers-will-make-enemies-think-twic/

>Longer than the Houses of Parliament and able to launch up to 108 air strike sorties per day, Britain’s new aircraft carriers will make potential enemies “think twice” about starting future wars, their senior naval officer has said.

>less than half the air complement of a 40yo Nimitz
>make enemies think twice

Yeah I'm sure the Russians and Chinese are shaking in their commie boots.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Aircraft_Carrier#Manginas
youtube.com/watch?v=9PItPL7EZEc
defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/162488/how-a-30_year-old-french-sub-sank-a-us-carrier-group.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*yawns*

let the yanks be the world police, i literally could not care less

>A FUCKING RAMP

I would like to know if Britain's new aircraft carriers can avoid Japanese missiles exceeding Mach 5, XASM-3.

I love the QE class, but headlines like these make me cringe.

>that ramp

are you even allowed to fight outside of japan?

>2016
>a fucking ramp

>3.1 billion pound vessel
>one airstrike and it's down the drain

what a waste of money desu

Empires tend to make stupid decisions before they disappear forever

>commie
fuck off
russia is not communist since 1991
and if you truly belive that china is communist to this day you are a retard

Can some economist tell me how producing something internally could ever be a mistake?

A FUCKING RAMP!

RAMP
A
M
P

have the english became poor or why cant they afford a catapult system

If you exclude the memetardy, i.e >ramp, the QE class wasn't a mistake. She's a very good decision.

It's a good way to use a good chunk of the budget so there won't be cuts for the following year, it'll stimulate industry and provide jobs, and it's not radical/different enough to provoke reaction from green/peacefags. Good idea, 2bh.

Steam catapult uses the steam made by nuclear engine. This glorified fishing boat does not have one and no one AFAIK has made working electoric catapult yet.

>It'll only be operational by 2020
Yeah, I'm sure Russia is terrified

>have the english became poor
Yes

Well, they were being built already under the previous government, but good thing they'll actually be used instead of being mothballed to save a few shekels like Cameron wanted.

TWICE

The Royal Navy wanted to operate the F35B because it allows the navy and RAF to share aircraft and aircrew between each other.

It also reduces cost, maintenance time and allows for a higher sortie rate.

Crossdecking between other F-35B nations is also a thing.

For steam catapults you'd preferably have nuclear power and the yanks hadn't got EMALS working (major reason why the Ford class has be delayed) or costs under control.

Poverty has nothing to do with it.

Royal navy wanted the continuation of operating STOVL aircraft as they had proved their worth during the Falklands.

Trying to keep costs down and availability up is a very reasonable thing.

Declaring war on France desu

>that cu.ckramp

Cost vs benefit and opportunity cost.

You can build a big gold statue of yourself or something similarly stupid, but the labor, capital and time could have gone in something more useful in the long run.

Half the carrier crew will be women. British househusbands will wave with their wives sons as the ship departs.

The weak spot is laughably obvious. Just hit the supply boat carrying earl grey. GG, huge boat sinks in a week.

>The weak spot is laughably obvious. Just hit the supply boat carrying earl grey. GG, huge boat sinks in a week.

DELET

Airstrip 1 dumping their entire budget into another floating fortress, huh?

Nah, both ships were £6.2bn out of a yearly budget of £45bn.

A

Really Pierre, you shouldn't criticise her as you were looking to buy the class up until 2013.

Ski jumping when out of fashion here.

Was it ever in fashion over there?

>crowd of angry sailors rioting on the landing strip and blocking planes from taking off or landing because they didn't get their daily tea injection
It's like pottery.

FUCKING

>that ramp
not again

JUST

the fuck is this ramp meme
I haven't been visiting this shithole for months

Did you enjoy the sunshine brother?

>months

Truly summer has started.

They don't have that dank meme on /r/int ?

if it's older then it's 4+ years older

What?

I would like to know if Japan can dodge British sub launched nukes.

The new Ford Class carriers uses an electromagnetic launch system.

And is it operational? Nope.

Ford has been severely delayed because of it.

I think that's what the Finn was saying.

>China and Russia only have one shitty carrier each

>As english men are too pussified these days [21], the aircraft carrier will be manned exclusively by pakis [22]

Interesting

proofs

Holy shit, I am impressed
I better stop bullying brits on Sup Forums

It's right here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Aircraft_Carrier#Manginas

The cutest!

This is that fabled Teutonic humor, yes?

Page does not exist.

Ironic that Italy is making jokes about cowardice.

>Page does not exist.

Dude you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?

Oh I'm well aware you are pulling my leg.

>Royal navy wanted the continuation of operating STOVL aircraft as they had proved their worth during the Falklands.
Basing equipment on a war fought 40 years ago in a tiny theater of operations against a vastly inferior opponent.
Sound choices.

>Cuck_and_Bull.jpg

Memes aside it looks like a pretty nice carrier. Though it's weird seeing 50 year old helicopters on a brand new carrier. When are we gonna come out with some newer shit?

Are you deliberately trying to misconstrue my words? You also are underplaying the importance that the Falklands war had. It had a impact on the US navy and their own approach.

And no, Argentina wasn't a "vastly inferior opponent", they were considered a peer force.

we based our equipment around two irrelevant and aimless conflicts instead, great trade off

you are very smart, my american friend

LITTLE

Think twice about building a carrier like this?

>British navy fallen so low Argentines considered a peer force
How does it feel to hit rock bottom and them keep going down

>a
>fucking
>ramp

Saying shit like this only makes you seem ignorant.

>The Falklands War was the first modern anti-access/area-denial (A2/AD) war, pitting a joint expeditionary force against a regional power with modern land, air, and sea capabilities fighting over control of territory close to home. As such, it may prove far more relevant for the future … than any conflict in the past two decades. -- Commander Jim Griffin, Proceedings Magazine, May 2012

Argentina had a modern well equipped force during the 80s, kindly provided by the UK, USA and France to ensure the commies didn't take over.

>russian navy
>chinese navy

RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMP

I wouldn't say it was exactly a peer force, but they had modern western equipment in the 80's

Now they still have western equipment that was considered modern in the 80's

The only real let down the Argentines had the chunk of the army was poor, young conscripts.

But that's not really why the war is considered important.

yup
if their army was motivated beyond any sort of nationalism and managed well, I think we may have lost the islands

The Special Relationship: A Cuck & Bull Story

>2016
>aircraft carriers

First time it fights a competent enemy, it will go straight to the bottom.

Hello this is TU 160 and he like to see ships and carriers from troposphere.

What is better than aircraft carriers then?

When Japan would want to start a war without America permission, Japan will be nuked again. Sorry buddy but Japan out of big wars games for today.

Can russia still afford to fly them?

*thinks twice*

?

They are experts at waging war when their country/economy is fucked.

>Can russia still afford to fly them?
ISIS can answer on your questions, and also ask them what they are prefer X55 or FAB 9000.

Can't use*

>Liaoning
>shitty

Second best operating class

Second hand 1980s soviet "aircraft carrying cruiser" incapable of operating away from shore

>People making fun of a ramp.

Just good old fashioned British ingenuity; a great design with a simple and cost effective method. We did invent the Aircraft carrier after all, using only sticks and glue.

RAMP

what is this carrier meme? aren't they pretty easy to destroy?

no

>a floating ramp
Scary

>a ramp

I mean... like India or Thailand?

>catering section
>28,800 rashers of bacon
Haram

Goddamn it, do we have to do everything for you guys?

youtube.com/watch?v=9PItPL7EZEc

>ramp

How are we commies?

Or have you not heard?

>there's no pool or shopping center
Shit cruise ship

They are, the power of modern attack submarines is largely untested and exercises show that since anti-submarine warfare is very difficult, it is very hard to stop a sub from sinking a carrier.

See this for example: defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/162488/how-a-30_year-old-french-sub-sank-a-us-carrier-group.html

The Americans even said that it would be impossible for the British to mount a successful retake of the islands.

Thanks for having faith in us you fat fucks.

love it when dumb cunts like this get BTFO