Murrika fuck yeah

Murrika fuck yeah

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NRItYDKSqpQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markham,_Ontario#/media/File:Markham-suburbs_aerial-edit2.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairfax_County,_Virginia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Suburbanites deserve their fate 2bh.

Those are worse than commieblocks.

Yuropoors can't handle the freedom.

No they're not.

Ok, they have a yard.
But close enough.

It's called efficiency

sorry but no

I'll never understand why you fags shit on people who live in suburbs or other mass produced living spaces.

What, is everyone expected to build their own custom home? 99.99% of people just need a living space to call their own so they can get on with their lives and careers.

Is there something inherently wrong with orderly infrastructure with minimal clutter?

So what if it's the Pottery Barn/IKEA equivalent of communal habitation? Like you mouth breathers could do any better.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you're all living in some modern trendy architectural marvel overlooking a scenic vista straight out of a 19th century impressionist rendition.

Ask most Americans, I'm sure those assholes love living in their quaint little samefag suburbs.

Those McMansions are about 1000x more roomy and comfy than your average french hovel.

lol no

Don't even pretend you wouldn't give up everything for the chance to live here.

>Urban commercial zoning has room for extensive parking in a nation where the major mode of transportation is automobile
>"This is bad because we don't do this in France viva la France"
Don't know what to tell you bud

Big house, no latinos with cucaracha blasting on the upper floor, no moors selling drugs on the floor below, plenty of space for you and your family.

>americans actually believe this

definitely not

The goal of the pic is precisely to show how the US way of life has historically been subjugated to the car industry.

Anyway, the pic is obsolete, this is what it looks like nowadays.

Please post pictures of comfy suburb neighbourhoods in USA.

That's still a lot of parking

I don't have pics, but I can provied a groundview video if you want:

youtube.com/watch?v=NRItYDKSqpQ

This is the street that I grew up on.

They are, but both suck. Middle housing and mid-rises are going to save america

>an entire house is worse than a small apartment within a huge complex

Makes sense

Mind explaining why its bad instead of just memeing?

>Subjugated
It takes about four hours drive to get from one side of my state to the other.
On foot it takes four days of nonstop walking.

Looks comfy.

It's only logical, you monkey.

Because that entire city center is not a city. It's a parking lot with some buildings nearby. Wasted space.

>Yuropoors
I'm sorry how did this meme stick, do you honestly believe you are earning more or living better than me? Nice little exploit to group the romanian gypsy with the prosperous ones even tho half of you would die to live as well as we do and the other half would kill for it.

Poncey fucking dumbass

What we think is bad is not having efficient common transportation inside the cities, to avoid building these monstruosities
Of course your country is huge so cars are important to drive to the other side of the state, but it's just a bad idea inside cities. Noise, heat, pollution, all this space taken by parkings, it could have been avoided

just banter m8 don't take everything so personally

It was comfy as fuck tbqh

>you will never again be 10 years old wandering around the woods out back all day long

So long as you don't spend all your time hovering 1000ft above the towns, suburban life is some sweet nectar.
>peaceful
>beautiful
>semi private
>streets are prime for biking or street hockey
>girls washing cars half naked in summer time
>smell of delicious barbecue and garlic in the air every summer evening
>going outside to laugh at that one household the cops have to go to every week because of a disturbance
>dem blissful mornings filled with birdsong
>dat smell of freshly cut grass
Silly trolls.

You fell for the "pretending to not understand the meme" meme. Quite embarrassing tbqhwyf.

Hahahah........!

What's happening to the English language in USA, I wonder?

Yes but

You think we have space issues in the US? I assure you, we do not.

So sorry we have space to spare

Ah yes lets just invest a few million on creating an entire public transportation system from the ground up that only the people who have no car would use.
It's a waste of money and it always has been, the only exception is New York City and San Fransisco who decided to invest in these things before the rise of the automobile.

These houses and this place looks comfy (please tell me it's not in reality in the middle of the desert or anything??)

Pic related is where I grew up.

Suburbs don't sound bad if you like driving. The only reason why I would never do it is homeowner's associations. Fuck that

>driver's ed is free in school
>buy your 1st car for $1000 at 16
>only have to drive 5-10 minutes on free flowing roads to get to shopping
>somehow this is a problem

Does Sup Forums know why or even care why we live in suburbs?

Why is that street so fucking narrow with a triple or quadruple sized sidewalk? How can you get anywhere when the traffic must be so congested? How do you even find a parking space? That city looks impossible to navigate.

People use public transport almost everywhere it's available.

It still wasn't necessary. That's like saying "I will let the shower on 24h/24h because we don't lack water".

This was meant for you as well.

american burbs planning is shittier t b h

These suburbs are actually in Canada. Should have checked your facts bro

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markham,_Ontario#/media/File:Markham-suburbs_aerial-edit2.jpg

missing the point, efficiency is not debunkable by "we can afford to". Not to mention the time saved for people traveling, money spent/earned etc

You can live in neighborhoods that don't have a homeowner's association. The ones that have them are mostly for stuck up elderly people with nothing better to do than hold council meetings dictating lawn ornament regulations.

to not get shot in cities? don't tell me that isn't most or at least part of it.

How so? Is it because we don't cram our people in old cramped apartments?

>that only the people who have no car would use.

Right now yeah, it's too late for this. If these had been created from the start it would have been ok.

It's not about space, it's about livability.

Basically it's stay away from minorities and for some living space. No one wants to live next to Sanchez or Tyrone.

My neighborhood () was in a forested area, within walking distance of my old high school and only a few minutes from groceries and other stores.

the burbs in Canada are the same in the US
They're both comfy

>Muh space

That's only one argument. There rest are the pollution, the noise, and the heat.

So yes

Poor people use it. Why should we waste money on them?

That's a very American post, I'm proud of you

Around the corner from my house

While I vastly prefer Europe, one benefit of suburbs is large plots for gardening. I like shade gardening.

It's here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairfax_County,_Virginia

Nice to hear, lad. Not bad at all.

Russia has the best burbs planning. USA does shittiest suburbs. Why would anyone want to live in a place that looks stupid from the sky, right?

Are you implying that having a parking lot makes a city unlivable?

>Pollution
Minus air and light pollution our cities are pretty spotless
>Noise
Get soundproof walls
>Heat
Get AC

On vacation right now, but that's where I'm from. Proud Restonian reportan

Easy: you don't use a car.

Honestly the only people that hate suburbs are 18-23 year olds that don't have cars or easy access to a train that takes then to the center of the nearest city

That' sounds terrible

>"A parking lot"

That pic wasn't just "a parking lot" it was a concrete hell. I know it's outdated tho

>Get soundproof walls
>Get AC
>"let's solve the consequence instead of tackling the source of the problem"

>Minus air pollution
>"Minus you know, the air we breathe and need to live, it's ok"

Basically
>They were planning to add more suburban sprawl near DC, like OP pic
>Decided to deliberately halt it, and instead experiment with a "Smart growth" model of high-density housing above shops and public plazas
>Build it around a rail line to DC that was recently built (Silver line)
>Ended up being pretty successful since it's now packed
>Micro-shops under apartments so you can walk to everything

It ends up looking like a town... but it's not, there's no mayor or anything. It's technically a dense suburb

Because of the success they're emulating this for other suburbs around DC, like Rosslyn and Arlington

It's not a city mate. That city centre is a car lot with buildings around it

Even so, that was a picture of some specific place in Texas this is not common for the USA in general. In fact when I saw the pic, I assumed it was some foreign country and immediately laughed at how stupid it was. In most places, parking is just normal lots directly in front of the shops or malls. If it's major commuter center, there will be parking garages that stack cars skyward as opposed to outward.

It depends what part of the country you are in. Suburbs in the west are more copy and pasted houses and walking is harder, but in my community (in the northeast) the houses are more unique and I can walk or take public transport nearly anywhere.

Nice satanic get

Also, good for Washington. Urbanism needs to revert to it's pre 1950's roots in order to progress. Almost everything since than has been a mistake, no matter the country.

Parking garage are very common in big cities

Then how can you go anywhere? It would take all day to get to anything. How could you even carry your groceries around without a car?

It's pretty neat that the apartments and condos are abouve shops and gyms and whatnot so you can literally just walk to them or take an elevator

It also allows for more unique stores, like those that sell NICHE MICROBREWS

MUH
MICROWBREWWWWWS

Yeah I understand this, and I gather from here it's better now

What town is this? Going road tripping next month starting from NYC. Before hitting VA Beach, I'll stop here to check out their new layouts.

They usually only buy what they are going to eat for the day

Robert E. Simon did nothing wrong

How incredibly inefficient.

ayyy lol, I'm mentioning Reston here:
I live across the beltway in Annandale, but I go to Reston every month for treatment for my spine condition

>tfw I had sex 100 metres from where that photo was taken

( ¬ w ¬ * ) ウププ

Not anymore, and it isn't the center smartypants. I don't understand why you twats always get after us so much.

>The heat is caused by cars
It's caused by being in a giant concrete jungle, and unlike Europe, We're the same latitude as the Sahara.
>The noise is caused by cars
Got me there, better get rid of every single car so we can have absolute silence.
>Air pollution
Give me a fucking break, the Brazilians are doing more to get rid of the air we breathe than car exhaust ever will. The city with noticible smog is L.A., one of the largest in the fucking country.

Does Europe not have suburbs?

What the fuck are you talking about?

we have commie blocks

for a few days

then you accumulate varios long-lasting shit in your kitchen and only buy things like bread and milk

why americans so stupid?

I think so to but it only happens in small towns. Don't let these yuropoors tell you otherwise. and I'm nit sure what the Brazilian is on about because half the people there live in sprawling cramped ghettos and tar paper shacks in the country

See Houston isn't like that anymore bud, but you're pretending it is to get a rise out of people.
It's fucking rich to what lengths you jerks go to get people upset.

Not when your trips don't take half an hour. Small grocery stores scattered around everywhere are the norm.

I'm asking about the Brazilian thing.

*not

They do but they are commie blocks built for poor people. Everything in Europe is a lot more centralized then here

Euro countries are tiny. I don't think they can afford to have too many suburban areas.

That sounds awful

Some HoA's especially in places like Texas or Florida gained notoriety for stupid strict rules

But HoAs enforce ordnung. They prevent people from littering, parking cars on their front, leaving piles of construction stuff around

Our HoA intervened when a spic family kept burning garbage in their backyard causing smoke and chemical stench, and we got them deported back to Nicaragua. Ours also got these rednecks to get a rusting old pickup off their front and send it to a junkyard (it was totally broken)

Also HoAs make sure plants and trees don't block out electrical boxes or poles, or don't smother light poles. There are vines like Virginia Creeper, English Ivy and Kudzu that like climbing poles. If you don't stop them, they'll climb onto light poles and cover the lights

Is darkest hours any good? Is it fun? What's the difference?

You jerks burning the #1 air producing forest in the world for your 3rd world farms.

>air producing