Why does Australia need all this hardware?

Why does Australia need all this hardware?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6E2-OOQo13c
youtube.com/watch?v=7xUYbI64QHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who?

It's important for Island Nations to have strong navies to protect their trade.

Gotta spend money to make money u feel me?

Don't have high numbers of enlisted military - compensate with better hardware than our neighbours.

for the upcoming South China Sea War, 4 year away, mark my fucking words

to protect the kangaroos

Stop the boats

so we don't get rolled when america starts world war 3

youtube.com/watch?v=6E2-OOQo13c

when america-san says jump we say how high

Gotta keep the boat people out.

power projection.

if australia did not have any of these weapons they would literally get diplomatically bullied into being another pathetic new zealand.

banter

pacпил бюджeтных дeнeг

>implying they will even help

This

It's to defend against CHYNA

We're going to use the next tsunami as an excuse to invade Thailand and steal all of your ladyboys

CHOINA

Those emus nigga.

They know after India becomes superpower in 2030 first thing it'll do is occuppy Australia cus it's big and massive and full of resources that India needs

They're worried about their future desu

To finally pass Canada in military strenght.

that's been the case for the past 50 odd years or so

>implying there isn't already a secret agreement between our governments to divide the world into an indian sphere of influence and an australian sphere of influence

it isn't secret

That never got off the ground cunt. Pajeet got scared of Zhang.

When will you pass Thailand then? It seems like the ladyboys might be too much for the average australian.

Never again!

what do you mean by pass thailand? I can't be bothered looking up their military but I'm sure it would be very similar

2bh they don't get a comfy island to defend, I'm sure dindus from vietnam and myanmar are just waiting to push their shit in

Cause losing to fucking emus must have been a wake up all

we legit mostly use it for humanitarian reasons, helping out all our povvo neighbours when they get hit with natural disasters.

So we use it for soft power. And if we ever need it, we have the hard power right there.

idk
its not like they've ever won a war

To hold back the hordes of bestial horrors that constantly beset them

Boredom.

Thanks for buying our stuff, straya

Because Indonesia occasionally needs a kick in the head

This

This video explains more.

youtube.com/watch?v=7xUYbI64QHI

>>implying they will even help
>WW2
>Korea
>Vietnam
>Gulf War
>Operation Enduring Freedom
>Iraq
>Syria

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimplying we wouldn't

Oh, shit. I never noticed.
Best ally. Thanks Australia. Screw the brits

They get 2 bonus armies per turn.

Who would waste resources to invade australia?

Good dogs indeed

Australia isn't officially classed as an island nation, it's a continent x

Pic related is island nations

Americans don't realise Australia helped in the Pacific because of arrogance

>Another concern was the way the Australian military was viewed by America's high command. Douglas MacArthur had already expressed a low opinion of Australian troops, who were then fighting along the Kokoda Track. Though Australia was bearing the brunt of the land war in New Guinea by itself, MacArthur would report back to the United States on "American victories", while Australian victories were communicated to the United States as "American and Allied victories". Americans' general ignorance of Australia, and American perceptions that Australians lacked a certain "get-up-and-go", also soured relations.

>Likewise Australians also looked down upon the fighting qualities of Americans; most considered the Americans an inferior fighting force who seemed all glitz and brashness. This feeling towards the Americans would be furthered during the Battle of Buna, where Australian troops bore the brunt of the fighting due to American "inactivity", and Sanananda, the final victory. Buna, the fourth major Allied victory in New Guinea, was presented not only as the first major victory but an American one. Sanananda, an Australian victory, was presented as merely a mopping-up operation. The Americans would not acknowledge that Australians won the critical battles of Milne Bay, Kokoda and Gona, were largely responsible for the victory at Buna, and were "overwhelmingly" responsible for victory at Sanananda.[7] Australians often regarded the U.S. soldiers as boasting how they, and they alone, saved Australia.

>helped
The vast effort agains the Japanese was American.

The "Help" given by the allies wasn't enough to pay attention.

Tiny population = tiny army. We need modern weapons to compensate for this.

Australia is secretly planning to take over the world.

You didn't even read my post did you lol

My ass, it's a nation. New Guinea isn't australian. Therefore australia isn't a fucking continent.

KEKED
U
C
K
E
D

So, new guinea was your big/huge contribution to the war. It could easily be bypassed.

They're big goys

meant for

>New Guinea isn't australian

Except it is, in all 5 continental models taught in the world, Australia is a continent in all of them and PNG in connected to the Australian landmass by the Sahul shelf as well as parts of Indonesia.

>Not solidifying a stronk relationship with the obvious and clear winning team

Not surprised you don't know how to do this, took you Europeans way too many wars to figure this shit out.

De Jure can suck my dick. De Facto, we depend on trade to maintain a high standard of living.

:)

This fucking gear. Homo as fuck. Will never get approved for distribution. And if it does, no one will use it. It'll be a wasted purchase and left in the q store where it belongs.

Noone asked for it, no one wants it, and no one needs it. ;lqwejghv.qiwel. crusty old WO2's that haven't gone minimi/maximi shooting in years approved this nonsense

can't stop boats without boat stopping hardware