Language Mistakes Thread

Why are so many people completely incapable of differentiating the English words:

>your
>you're

What is the equivalent of the your/you're issue in your native language?

you're=olet
your=sinun

Does Finnish have any two words/homophones that cause a lot of issues for native Finnish speakers when writing?

you're = você é
your = seu

We have

>ka
Which stands for "that", as in, "he said , that (ka) it was a fun gathering or whatnot"

>kad
which stands for "when" , as in, "he said that life was better when (kad) we were living in the 80s"

Native speakers mix these up a lot, it's especially annoying to hear a politician, spokesperson, teacher or anyone who should really pay attention to what they are saying, make this mistake. But it's so common, it's pretty much like your / you're, can't think of any similar atm.

he's not asking the translation of you're and your

As for you're/ your

You're = Tu esi

Your = Tavs

Could you vocaroo these two sentences in Latvian?

> "he said , that it was a fun gathering or whatnot"
> "he said that life was better when we were living in the 80s"

When I was learning German in Germany, I used to listen to German songs on youtube and try to translate the comments left by users. Often I would get stuck wondering wtf they were trying to say, so I'd ask my German roommate and he would say the people that leave the comments are really 'low class' speakers and he would never write like that.
So I guess there are many German ways to mix things up.

Alter, kannst du Deutsch?

not really
tho sentences are arranged differently which causes some issues nothing major

Your and you're is literally reddít: the grammatical mistake. Lie and lay is a better indicator of grammatical competency. Who and whom is another one also.

니가 = nigger = you're

>your
__ shelcha
>you're
ata

I'm pretty happy if someone can at least get its/it's right.

I think most of the time when people misspell 'you're' as 'your', they're just being lazy fucks.

Most of my english mistakes lie with 'in' and 'on'. Yeah, I know the "inside" and "on top" rule, but sometimes the line between the two is blurry to me.

seid (are) and seit (since)

Latvian
>tu esi
Russian
>te iest
German
>du ist
French
>tu es
English
>you are

wtf english

>lay is the past tense of lie
>laid is the past tense of lay

That is higher up on the tiers of grammatical skill.
I don't make the rules, bub; I just shitpost about them.

>your
>you're

>sheni
>shen khar

C'est
s'est
ces
ses

(same pronunciation)

>two
>too
>to

and
a/à
ou/où
-é/-er (end of the verb, -é is for the participle and -er is the infinitive)

don't forget

sais (^:

mais/mas = plus/but
porque/porquê/por que/por quê/ = different forms of "why/because"