Japanese people are tech illiterates

>According to a 2015 study by the Japanese Cabinet Office, only 30% of Japanese high schoolers use laptops, and only 16% use desktop computers. (In the US, 98% of our teenagers use one or the other, with similar numbers out of the UK.) According to one study I found, about 50% of Japanese households have a computer, but many people don't use them.

>The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) reported last September that of the 42 countries they surveyed for computer use in education, Japan was ranked second from the bottom.

>The result is that computer literacy among the youth of Japan is actually going down. One Tokyo-area government-funded tech cram school for high schoolers reported that many of their students didn't even really know how to use a physical keyboard. Even many teachers can't touch-type.

That sure explains how the anime industry get all that money from selling expensive blu-rays and character merchandise.

Other urls found in this thread:

simantokoubou.jp/25.html
lares.dti.ne.jp/ppy/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kids became dumber after computers were introduced to the classroom. They're a crutch. Good on Japan.

Interesting.
What's even more interesting is that the Japanese posters here which are supposedly the tech elite are still dumb and illiterate as fuck.

Well, I do not think that we are doing any better.

Using Facebook and Instagram does not make you a tech-savvy.

Most people can't perform any task more complex than that.

Hell, most people can't even properly search on Google. And they will struggle with things like opening a fucking Gmail account.

this is true.in actual,we are far inferior to indian,chinese,and even initial "K" shitty monkeys in this teritory nowadays.even too much younger generation only can google "xvideo,Japanese,amature" with PC and 50years above are litteraly australopithecus about tech.

how about your countries??

p.s.
i can Java though.

what is your favourite anime senpai?

Code geass or Gundam series.
i wanna go away from "Moe" as possible as i can lol

>selling expensive blu-rays
Dude, you buy blu-rays anime if you want to support the show.

You watch it in Japan on TV for free.

Fucking chink proxy.

It was pretty good 10 years ago. Nowadays everyone has a computer so there are many people who don't know how to use computer properly

im very respecting that russia invent almost tech things by themselves.
im already disgusted with recent monster speed of tech development and only geeks can see these fun i think......

>im already disgusted with recent monster speed of tech development and only geeks can see these fun i think......
What do you mean?

>Japanese cant make Steam
>Nintendo "ended"

>what does that mean
He is japanese monkey, he probably doesnt even know himself

Good taste

>Kids became dumber after computers were introduced to the classroom.

This is statistically false.

Yeah, how are you guys dealing with the collapsing games industry in Japan?

Great when I come to Japan to wrestle, I'm gonna be another "Computer God" among people

it's high school again

I would like japanese gf

tl;dr

why is Sup Forums obsessed with japan and black people?

my dad called me once because he didn't know how to resize a window

We love bbc and anime.

>swede likes bbc

WHO KNEW??

Why would you need to learn to use a computer, as long as you don't have a computer job?
And learning the basic stuff for home use is something anyone can do in a week.

majority of jobs require you to use a computer these days at some point

Not at all.

>what is smartphones

you can't speak English for shit senpai

Aren't you even ashamed that your nation is considered a joke and its inhabitants are proud to be cucks? Even worse, I bet you also have shit taste in anime.

Wasn't there a study about jp kids no longer being interested in science fiction? Or science in general?

considering how big animes like attack on titan are, I doubt it

AoT is just renaissance with a pinch of industrial age fantasy

so, you guys can use smartphone well but not computers?

considering koreans are mmorpg addicts and even 30yrs old play starcraft, that's not even surprising

Everyone there is using smartphones though. I often saw old people in their 70s or 80s playing around on an ipad in the train. And those kind of systems are the future anyway. Desktop PCs and Laptops are already outdated. However, those who really need to work with a computer also know how to use them. Same with English: Those who need it for their job can speak it.

that means we are mostly nor miles so we don't need to have an added to the internet

>that means we are mostly nor miles so we don't need to have an added to the internet

what are you trying to talk here? it's like that duwang translations

*screenshots post*
*prints it out*
*glues it into my scrapbook of Japanese posters*

Ah yes

Japan tell me how many hours do students normally study at home

I think he means normies

>duwang translation
I wish japanese talk like that on Sup Forums

Nice source, i wanted to make every weeb i know assmad that way but its worthless without a source.

True, when I had a job as pizza deliverer my boss made me do his taxes while waiting for orders.

Not even kidding.

they're also where at least 70% of western wealth is produced these days

*normies
*access
annoying autocorrection

ah okay.
how hard is it to assemble a pc in japan?
also, if computers are so rare, how do you guys do the typing?

but I know girl on niconico, she good with pc - she can fix stuff too, and consoles
should I try to marry her? Is she an endangered species?

And I thought that it was a meme. Holy fuck, Japan.

Don't japs still use fax machine and pagers?
post pics

Who needs a PC when you have all the sweet-ass console games that dont come out here.

nie dla psa kiełbasa

She's one of those trap japanese

DONT FALL FOR IT

I think we Japanese are not good at getting used to new environments in nature. Sometimes we tend to alienate other cultures and had taken seclusion policy.

>nie dla psa kiełbasa
Not for the dog sausage?
You okay m8?

>had taken seclusion policy.
Well you guys did birth Hikkikomori's and NEETs. Following the trend of "LOOK AT HOW MANY FRIENDS I HAVE ON FACEBOOK" versus look at how many friends I actually have

Population is declining and very anti-immigration

I feel kinda bad even wanting to pick on you. I'm sorry jap-kun

girl trips, guy's hand accidentally touches breast

Nice taste

>spain
We are talking about civilised countries

>The acronym NEET was first used in the United Kingdom but its use has spread to other countries including Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan.

OH NO, NEET WAS INVENTED ELSE WHERE, MY WHOLE POST HAS BEEN DEBUNKED

who gives a fuck hue-monkey

Chill dude, you don't want to raise the already high american heart attack rates.

I just expect that if you have access to the internet, you'd would be able to use your brain as well and not post something retarded.
But then there's tumblr.

We still use Fax on a daily basis especially on work
t. a slave who work for an industry where majority are left behind the times

I have once been really pissed off by using e-mail when offering a work

This could explain why Japanese websites are often very outdated, like straight from the '90s.

simantokoubou.jp/25.html

lares.dti.ne.jp/ppy/index.html

>We still use Fax on a daily basis especially on work
Don't feel bad about this actually. I work in an office and we still use fax.

Fax is still used heavily and many of our business cards would have a fax number on as well.

I guess they're running in the 90's.

fuck off carlos

go back to /o/

lmao why

That's the sign of a backward business that can't adapt

We still use fax, mainly to receive rather than send but I feel those frustrations as you do but if you are a small businesses and other businesses still use it to communicate I need to turn my fax on although people send a lot of advertisement and it wastes a lot of my paper but good thing I can receive fax directly to PC now which is good, I think this is a good example of technology, extending the usefulness of older technologies into modern times while also making them more efficient.

Probably because we deal with international students and stuff.

I work at an university.