Have I done goofed?

Have I done goofed?

>windows 10
yes

No. An attacker that recently slavsquatted into my honeypot had to download 6 different bitlocker tools before giving up.

>An attacker that recently slavsquatted into my honeypot
Story?

now to play 2hou to get a decryption key.

What exactly do you want clarified

What honeypot? What attacker? Literally who?

Not him but what do you mean that he had to download 6 different bitlocker tools before giving up. Did you lock his harddrive and he had to unlock it? Or did he find your locked harddrive? How did you know he tried 6 different ones?

>What honeypot?
An old Athon X2 machine sitting in the router DMZ
What attacker?
Dunno. Proxy showed as Philippines. Timestamp was UTC +7
Literally who?
Probably Putin

Harddrive was on my machine. Logs show 6 different tools, lockercracker, bitwizard, etc

Depends on who you want to protect your stuff from. If you want to protect it from Tyrone of hacker Vladimir, then you are probably safe. If you want to protect if from Uncle Sam you should've chosen something without backdoors.

Okay

just get a job at microsoft as an sde, and you'd be able to verify the code, and that the compiled code works in the same way that the shipped version does

>not using LUKS

> windows
> not veracrypt
> not LUKS
> bitlocker

you done fucked up user. better flee to canada.

>jokes on you. my windows machine is actually a honeypot.
OK kid.

kek

This is where your story becomes clearly false

it's useful to protect your data from some random Jamal that steal your shit, but other than that. Useless.
If you are trying to store sensitive data from any three letter agency go for LUKS, don't use verameme or that shit.

I work in PC forensic

This highly depends on how you setup bitlocker
If you use a microsoft account you're fucked anyway since bitlocker key is stored in that account

if you use password, it it crackable in a fair amount of time
no matter how strong your password is

if you use a TPM and break it right before the cops or anybody else takes your PC, you're fine

but keep in mind that any bitlocker encrypted drive is vulnarable while windows performs an upgrade

use veracrypt you fucking idiot
also stop using botnet 10

Cessate your existence

which of those has been professionally audited, and which one of those has been audited most recently

(((BITLOCKER)))

Veracrypt was audited in 2016