Best home AV for idiots?

Parents aren't eligible for Common Sense 2017 and I'm getting tired of cleaning up their shit every weekend. We use Kaspersky enterprise at work, but not really sure what's good these days for a home solution.

ESET was great a few years ago but I've heard they're shit now.

Windows Defender

It doesn't matter since your parents are tech illiterate and will manage to install malware anyway. The best would be to distribution of GNU/Linux since it's near impossible even for an idiot to get it infected. I'd recommend Debian since the packages, like your parents, are ancient which minimizes the risk of an update bricking the system completely.

lol epig troll m8

Surprisingly, it's gotten better but nah need a serious solution.

My 75 years old illetarate mother is on mint and xubuntu on her 2 laptops. She has everything she needs and she is very happy with that. And no more scanning and repair shit during the weekends for me. She prefers mint over ubuntu btw.

Unfortunately my mother works from home and my father requires a lot of software that's only compatible with Windows for his business as well. Installing Wine and fucking about with that will be worse than running some anti-malware stuff every weekend and is just asking for more trouble. If they were just browsing facebook and checking email, sure I could walk them through that, but it's not really an option.

Eset is still great

>people using anti viruses are the ones still getting infected and paying for ransom ware

Just give them Avast it will work for them.

ESET Nod32 Antivirus

There is no best.

You are either looking at strict one that will stop anything not-whitelisted or ones that will stop only binary-blacklisted ones. Choose your poison.

Anything not white-listed. I know what they need access to. Everything else can fuck off.

Buy Kaspersky Internet Security
It's pretty good
It has a browser Plugin aswell to prevent visiting malicious websites

Bitdefender is good afaik

Symantec Norton 360.

>It has a browser Plugin aswell to prevent visiting malicious websites

In other words it MITM your traffic.

not my traffic
but his parents traffic
wich is fine I guess

Malwarebytes bundled with Common Sense Light Edition 2017

I've used Kaspersky at home for years.
Work's great.
I think it has become much more user friendly for casual users during the recent years.

But I never buy directly from them. You can get keys from ebay for 1/5 of the price.

I haven't tried eset in almost 10 years. But it was a little more user friendly then I think.

Linux, if all they do is webshit and email.

what does Sup Forums think about webroot? Never see it talked about anywhere. Hit me with the memes

Remember to add a solid adblocker for your browser, like uBlock.