Please enter your birth date

>Please enter your birth date
>MM/DD/YYYY

>tfw the first time I came across this was for an American company I was working for and I "incorrectly" put my birthdate in
>tfw they thought i was a retard when I explained to them that literally nobody else uses this stupid method

U mad?

Months have 12 possibilities
Days have 28-31 possibilities
Years have infinite possibilities

It makes sense to go in that order.

>please list height in cm
not a manlet, sorry about that

you know what makes more sense? DD/MM/YY because days are shorter than months which are shorter than years
fucking retard

What about leap years, you fucking retard. Your entire calendar falls apart due to an extra day

The rest of the world is wrong.

Both ways make sense depending on your perspective, canuck. I like the American format better, probably because it's what I'm used to. The reverse goes for you, I'm sure. No need to be retarded about things.

What the fuck are you talking about? A single day is still shorter than a single month, which is shorter than a single year.

Why are you talking about leaping when amerifats can't even leap

HAHAHAHA oh fuck I wish your nation was closer to ours

?

>mfw Britshits and Canacucks can't understand calendars

its called the gregorian calender
runt

05/26/1997

One year closer to the sweet abyss of nothingness.

???

Okay a day has 24 hours in it, yes?

Well a day is based on the Earth's rotation along its axis.

But the Earth is not perfect so we have to add a few extra minutes here and there to make it accurate.

However this would lead to a great disparity in time so instead we add an extra day once every 4 years.

But why every 4 years you ask? Because Earth's rotation around the sun is 365.25 (You'll notice that this is the length of an Earth Year but with a pesky 0.25 due to the fact that the Earth is not perfect.

So when we have all these days adding up it would make more sense to have the mm/dd/yyyy set up.

An example would be, and you may have to open your mind to this but

Today is the May 25th. May has 31 Days. BUT when we take leap years into account we have to factor in that it is the 25.4259th of May.

Now even with rounding this would look silly. Usually for rounding the rule of thumb is "0-4 stays on the floor, 5 and higher climbs the ladder" so that would make today - with rounding, mind you - 25.4th of May.

So with taking leap years in effect and going by smallest to largest number it makes more sense to have

5/25/2016

instead of

25.4/5/2016

???????????????????????

Autism speaks.

Alright I guess I'm going to have to explain it to you simpler using a method known as "Daylight savings"

Daylight savings time was the idea of our great Founding Father, Benjamin Franklin. He first mentioned it in a letter he sent from Paris in 1784.

Who loves our founding fathers more than those weirdos on the right?

The big selling point for daylight savings time was the money that it would save. In that same letter, Franklin estimated that Paris would save 128 million candlelight hours in a single season if people simply woke up earlier. He wrote that “If I had not been awakened so early in the morning, I should have slept six hours longer by the light of the sun, and in exchange have lived six hours the following night by candlelight; the latter being a much more expensive light than the former.”

In 1907, Englishman William Willet published a pamphlet called “The Waste of Daylight.” In this pamphlet, he calculated that shifting the clocks to align with daylight would lead to a savings of ₤2.5 million in lighting costs.

People on the right have a long history of finding creative ways to be fiscally responsible. Why spend money that doesnʼt have to be spent?

Governments finally embraced daylight savings time to help the troops during World War I. In Britain, coal was needed for the war effort, so it needed to be saved at home. To that end, they grabbed an extra hour of daylight in the morning to save on an hour of fuel needed for lighting at night.

Sacrificing for our military? Sounds like a right wing plot.

Big business was definitely a supporter of daylight savings time. When the United States was considering its repeal in 1919, Sidney Colgate (yes, like the toothpaste) testified before Congress. Colgate argued that daylight savings should remain as it was as the adjusted schedule saved factories like his significant amounts of money. Unfortunately, congress didnʼt listen, and the repeal went ahead.

Turn off that pesky rotation.

Retard Chimp-out: The Thread