Why do Americans call it the "Fourth of July"? I ask this question for two reasons:

Why do Americans call it the "Fourth of July"? I ask this question for two reasons:

1) Why would you refer to the date rather than the reason you're celebrating it? You don't say "Happy 25th of December".

2) Don't Americans put the month before the day when they write the date? Shouldn't you call it "July the 4th"?

it's a holiday

Your autism is leaking again

>Why do Americans call it the "Fourth of July"?
We call it Independence Day. You may be passingly familiar with the reason why.

It comes from an ancient custom of kicking the british in the nuts.

whilst we're talking about american culture
do americans really play music in their supermarkets/grocery stores?

Yes, what's the problem here?

>It's another thread about America

I have no idea we just roll with it

did i ever say there was something wrong with it?
does seem like it would get a bit annoying though

we interchangeably call it the Fourth and Independence Day, its just because the date is considered very symbolic and somewhat sacred to us.

to answer the 2nd question, we put the month before the day but the order we say the date in speech doesn't change

It soothes our violent tendencies.

If it's not music, then usually they have wrestling matches.

It's white noise, who cares.

i wish i was an america

1.) The Fourth of July is the day we celebrate Independence day, which is the Ninth of July.
Why we celebrate it on the Fourth was early miscommunications. The annual celebrations were listed on the Fourth with no title, so it became the "Fourth of July celebrations" which evolved into the Fourth of July. A more recent trend is calling the Independence Day although it is much less common.

2.) Which sounds better? The Fourth of July or July the Fourth?

Yes we play music, although it goes through a pretty long track before returning to the first song in the line. Even then, it's fairly quiet and just there to be white noise.

We invited you to join our team, but you wanted to wait and see what happened.

I've heard that Americans refer to it as "4th of July" because if they called it "Independance Day", people would get it confused with the movie. Is this true?

wait in bongistan do they not have music in shops?

We can name our holiday however the fuck we want

they do that here too, leave your house once in a while

Not sure really. I just call it my birthday.

You live right next to us dumbass, geez, mist Canadians live near the fucking border, you dummy.

We can name whatever the fuck we want, why are you so mad about it?