2. do you believe in ghosts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Book_(ghost)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucination#Hypnagogic_hallucination
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Theodor_Amadeus_Hoffmann
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No but I kinda believed as a kid.
I was fascinated by those old sites with spooky ghost pics and screamer slideshows.

A leaf
Yeah

2 creepy 4 me

idk I want to but I haven't seen anything like it for myself so it's hard to say.

I think if ghosts existed there would be hard evidence by now

Country not necessary because we can all see the flags

Yes. Been livin' with the fuckers for years

no

>asks country
>make discussion regarding any topic, from anime to conspiracy theory
why is this allowed and more importantly why is it when I do it i get banned

We do

I really wish they are. It's going to make killing myself much easier because I'll know that there's something after you die

no we believe in djinns in that sense. People dont believe in ghosts sticking around that much.

too many reports of them throughout history from too many reputable sources for there not to be something going on. It could just be that there is a scientific explanation that we haven't wrapped our heads around.

Are you afraid of the void?
Do you think that if you die, the only existance youll see for eternity will be the pure darkness, with no sense of time only the moment when you las saw the sun or the moon.
Are you afraid?

I'm going to find your house and buy it once you do it so I can make you watch me jack off all day. That's what you get for being a quitter, you get to watch a Polish man shower, walk around with no pants on, and wank all day.

he'll flush the toilet while you're in the shower

well at least it will be a clean toilet

Flag
No

The concept of ghosts makes no sense, they were invented out of humans' compulsive need to explain everything that happens, but when they encounter something they cannot explain, they resort to making shit up(same applies to religions). Any "evidence" of their existence may come from people with confirmation bias experiencing apophenia.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

tl:dr: hurr durr I can't explain it, it must be ghosts

I mean, if the earth travels around the sun at 30,000 m/s, how do ghosts not get left behind? They must have mass or be interacted with by matter(which doesn't make sense since they are able to "walk through" matter and still not get left behind from our moving planet)if they are able to keep up. If ghosts have mass, that would mean that new matter can be created by "special arrangements" of matter, 'm talking human reproduction, reproducing is just the same as throwing matter into some pile to make more humans who are pontentially ghosts when they die, but when they die, their mass doesn't disappear, it gets recycled(some of your atoms might have been part of another human) but it seems that ghosts have mass of their own, where the fuck did this mass come from?

I'm not sure what I saw but here's a story:
>be me 10 years old
>go to a friends farm house
>it's pretty old, built back in the 1800's apparently
>basement has chains on wall from the days of slavery still
>we go to his room and are playing some board games
>he looks up and out of no where runs and hides under the blankets of his bed
>I was like "wtf, okay" and decide to look up
>I see a floating suit and top hat, which looked like they were on 50-75 opacity, with no feet/shoes or person wearing it
>I stared at this for what felt like a solid minute, trying to comprehend what I was seeing
>the suit make a half turn and walked away, which is weird because I would have assumed it would have just floated
>I was freaked out but wad more curious so I check the entire upstairs for any sign of people
>nothing
>a week later they found a skull in the basement and moved out
It's weird, nothing like I have ever experienced before/after. I can't say I believe in ghosts or not, I don't know what I saw, but my personal experience opened up my mind to the possibility.

I have seen and chased after one to claim bullshit, but it disappeared. I scared the fuck out of a ghost, so yes.

saw one in my hallway when i woke up one night

bedroom door was open and it was looking right at me. scared the shit out of me

never seen anything since though, so maybe it was just the overactive imagination of a young child (i was about 10 at the time)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Book_(ghost)

Shit like this is what makes me doubt in what i believe.

Any good stories?

Not him, but America has a lot of reported haunted houses. Never build on an old Native American burial site or else you'll be fucked.

If I do can I meet one? My goal is to find a nice ghost gf to settle down with in an abandoned manor.

>no 2d ghost catgirl gf
Why are we here? Just to suffer?

I dunno

shit can get fucking spooky at night though

>Just to suffer?
Yes. To suffer.

Americans don't always believe in religion but everyone believes in ghosts and angels and such.

Nah, it's just imagination.

yes I do

its spooky as skeletons

Yeah they do exist.

At around 4 years of age I was laying in my crib on my back in the dark with my eyes open and a pale ghostly face of a man appeared in front of mine.

It scared me woke up the hole house crying I remember it well since I pooped myself from horror.

Huh, but the very foundation of Science is to make shit up. You were not aware? Just look at the concept of time. It's filled with meme labels that we just widely agreed to use on but in reality they don't really mean shit and its existence is questionable.

I've seen five or six strange things when I was a kid, because my mom used to work in a museum where weird gówno happened ever since the place became a museum like 60 years ago. An it was well known all over town for that reason.

Personally I think that female apparitions are way scarier than male ones, though both freeze your blood.

>Huh, but the very foundation of Science is to make shit up
this meme needs to stop
> Just look at the concept of time. It's filled with meme labels that we just widely agreed to use on but in reality they don't really mean shit and its existence is questionable.
What the fuck are you talking about

From savannah Georgia
Yes; they're everywhere here

close friend of mine had a father who committed suicide and that same night while him and his sister were at home watching TV they said both of them seen him enter the room that night with no expression on his face except his eyes look that of a cat.

How is a day composed of 24 hours? Why not 50? 61? 13? Why is it called "hour" anyway? How did someone come up with 60 seconds in a minute? What if 1.35 seconds is the real measurement of a single second?

All of those were made up for the sake of convenience dumb cunt. So Science doesn't really have any authority to call off others who are also making shit up. It's pot calling the kettle black.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucination#Hypnagogic_hallucination

Would like to konw, people have been seeing things for centuries. But there's always a mix of beliefs, wishes and real stuff.

Lmao. You high, nigguh?

Go back to your general you fuck nut

Are you being ironic?

A fascinating theory , amigo

but I've only had this "hallucination" only once in my childhood.

>tfw no ghost gf

whats the point when you cant play with her boobs?

>not wanting an invisible blowjob in the middle of the night

No. They do make for comfy folktales though.

It's time you become aware that Science is also just a meme that several people agreed to make use of for convenience, exactly like the things you make fun of like religion, ghosts, etc.

I believe people who believe in ghosts should be neutered, does that count?

science is a tool of the devil

and the devil is quite focused on trying to cover up any evidence of an after life.

You are confusing arbitrary units of measurement with making up baseless hypotheses

>It's a religious guy making false equivalences again thread.

1. Reich
2. I don't believe in ghosts; still: I had seen one

Fuck. It hurts to live.

>whats the point when you cant play with her boobs?

I read too much ghost doujins so I'm pretty sure ghosts will find a way to be "physically physical".

>father commits suicide
>that same night him and his sister were at home watching TV...

If you're going to shitpost, you might as well educate yourself first before you make yourself look like a typical retard.

They didnt know he had committed suicide yet, which was on the other side of town.

Why are people scared of ghosts (if they exist that is)? An ethereal faggot can't actually harm you.

Murrica
I think paranormal entities of some kind probably exist, but whether or not souls of dead people do I don't know

And if it somehow manages to kill you, you also become a ghost you can now behead him for all eternity.

do you know who E.T.A. Hoffmann was?
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Theodor_Amadeus_Hoffmann
(19th century, Dark romanticism'n'shiit)
He had written a story very similar to yours and claimed it to be 100% accurate
I think the name of the story was "Der unheimliche Gast" ("the unpleasant guest")

The 24 hour day isn't based on arbitrariness. It's because our planet turbs around on its axis every 24 hours.

they just don't see the true benefits of a glorious ghastly gf
normalfags are afraid of the unknown

>imply women arent all the same , even in ghost form

She'll just leave me the moment a more ectoplasm packing spook appears.

Do you still not see that in order for Science to prove something, they would have to use some kind of meme measurement one way or another?

The very foundation of Science is to make shit up.

Wrong.

>when the second was redefined as the duration of 9,192,631,770 energy transitions of the cesium atom. This recharacterization ushered in the era of atomic timekeeping and Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).

24 hr day first appeared in ancient Egypt and Greeks refined it further by introducing minutes and seconds. It's convenient for timekeeping on Earth.

However the angry Philippino us also wrong because time as a concept is not only reducible to arbitrary system of timekeeping. Time is a universal concept and it is pretty well understood.

Yes, you're correct that theorists make shit up, but they also make up experiments that falsify or prove the made up shit correct.

no, i am not a woman

I do believe there are spirits on earth. A bit like guardian angels. You'll never see them, but they can make things happen, like survive a crash without major damage.

haha wow

Katar
Yes

If your hit points arent of sufficient value, no angel power up going to protect you.

I'm absolutely scared shitless of either of these happening. I used to read a book when I was too young and got some serious spooks even to this date, as I'm over 20 years old.

What? Never met someone that thought that?

And yet there are "freak" accidents where you suspect people would die, but they can walk out with just a few scratches. I can't explain it and I know I can't proof it either, but it is what I believe as I have some experience with it.

thinking something doesn't necessarily make it true

for example i think you're a dumb faggot but you necessarily might not be a dumb faggot, maybe just a regular faggot or just dumb

>cucked by ghost chad
fugg

That's why I use the terms "believe". I know it can't be true rationally, it's just my believe.

weird things happen, some that defy logic and reason, perhaps some people have the life hack for it or are just plain damn lucky/unlucky.

I dont know

What's the point of "believing" anyway? Why don't people want to accept not knowing things

And that's the reason I believe there are some spirits that can act as guardian angles for example.

Comforting, something they can hold onto while the world around them goes to shit.
Humans are still pretty primitive, we just have more knowledge so we abandoned rain, sun and thunder gods for example.

>this thread

Now if youre talking about energies and forces

yes there are "dark" forces, that make your life horrible and try to kill you, and there are light forces, that do the opposite.

The world is a giant chess board, and we are it's pawns.

>ethereal unseen being
>exists
>can influence events

ok lol

Nah you would have to believe in some afterlife for that.

That's also an explanation.

Some people are in the middle of those two. I attract bad luck (friends call me "pechvogel"), but somehow nothing really bad has happened to me. Had a pretty big crash last weekend and in the hospital they were amazed how little damage I had.

That's why I believe in spirits (or in your terms "energies and forces"), while rejecting the bible as a 8 y/o for being too unrealistic.

>people don't believe in ghosts

Top kek. Try working in a hospital, it would change your perception

Finns hide in their wodka, others seek their comfort somewhere else.

>perception

After a good friend of mine died random objects would fall over near me for the first week. Like I'd be in the living room and a plate would fall and shatter in the kitchen. Even out at stores and such boxes would fall off the shelf.
One warm night I suddenly felt watched and freezing cold. I got really scared and told him to leave and never come back. Everything was instantly fine ever after.

Despite all of this I don't actually believe in ghosts. I was just stricken with grief and fatigue. Sometimes I think what if though. I certainly hope they don't exist because he would've seen me jerk off. I do keep some of his ashes on my shelf though.

Hospitals are scary places, and I've only been in new ones.
That atmosphere is too damn depressing. Especially for people who are sensitive for peoples moods.

some philosophers claim we are living in the darkestest age in human history.

The world is engulfed in negative energies influencing at unregistered proportions far greater than positive energies are influencing it and the dark ones are over taking.

is this what will happen when darkness covers this world? a final ending of times?

yes I believe so

please go away with your dumb hippie shit

The hospital I work at has a history of death beyond the regular. Suicides off the top floor, stressed nurse hanged herself in the basement, etc. Also the cancer ward, which is considered the most 'haunted'. I've seen enough, as well as my coworkers to know some semblance of ghosts exist

did I make you think?

good, that's what I like to do.

penetrating some numb skulls here and there is what I like to do.

I did that once and it didn't change a thing. Mostly changed how I felt about hospitals and nurses (mad respect for them and their work) when my ward was the final place before death for most people and people started dropping three days after I began my work. It wasn't long term job however so I guess I didn't let it sink in.

You got any stories?

I used to hear a woman crying at night constantly, even when I'm alone.

I just ended up dealing with it.

Yes
>I'm a ghost to those around me

Which area? So I know what place to avoid.