Be american

>be american
>need hot water
>microwave it
can't make it up senpai

It's faster than boiling it

>not having a dedicated device to boil water.

Growing up, my family had a stovetop kettle that I used when I needed hot water for tea or something. When I got older i'd be at someone elses house and i'd ask "Where's your kettle?" They'd look at me like I was crazy and say "just microwave it!" Fucking savages. I soon discovered that not having a kettle was the norm.

Microwaved water tastes bad.

How?

Dunno kettle`d water tastes better in comparison.

I don't know why it's true, but that's my experience as well. When I was in middle school, I heated my tea water with the microwave and it just tasted like ass.

I don't own a microwave anymore. You can reheat food in a myriad of other ways.

how tf else u supposed to boil water lol

I use my electronic inducted device. Put a cup of water there and something made of iron on it.
It's lazy, i know...

>Don't heat up water in this device that was literally designed to heat up water
??????

I was in the US for student exchange.
my host family actually did this when they needed warm water.
fucking savages

>having money on microwave
wew

family always had an electric kettle in our kitchen as far back as 1999 iirc and one year we hired someone to watch our house while we were on vacation (feed cat and dog, etc) and they ended up destroying it by placing it on the stove thinking it was a traditional kettle.

electric kettle gets enough water for a cup of tea/coffee boiling in like 45 seconds

do they even sell kettles in the us? i've never seen one physically

>there are people on Sup Forums right now who don't have kettles
How do you even make tea or coffee?

>tea

tea is gross unless it's arizona ice tea

>coffee
coffee maker

How do you make coffee with a kettle?

I have one, a friend gave it to me

it's 120v so the answer is probably yes

damn well even if they did sell them kettles are useless to me

>just microwave it
>boiling water in a microwave

isn't that like incredibly unsafe? AND you have no control over the temperature so you can't even make a quality cup of tea

oh fuck i want it

get a french press instead, it doesn't taste like shit like the stuff out of those machines more often than not does.

French press will give you cancer

the fuck are you talking about. a 20 dollar machine can make just fine black coffee.

i've got more coffee making things than I even need, I use a moka pot these days

but that is a sexy machine

Hahaha

'no'

t. Melbournite (Melbourne is the coffee capital of the world)

For us, coffee is less a pleasure than it's a necessity. We are the first in coffee consumption per capita by far

You're that Finn from the alcohol thread, aren't you?

Exactly, who doesn't own a kettle?

I posted on it that we have bad drinking habits, but the thread wasn't made by me