>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32801180789.html#autostay
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Exactly how long has the keypuller wiki been down?

Long enough that if someone pumped out a clone they could steal his traffic

yeah, if you had a copy of all the data. that's like the whole fucking problem.

It's all on archive.org

scraping it from archive would be an enormous pain in the ass.

what makes you think that?

experience scraping sites.

>$214 Custom Numpad Edition

Why would you do that

you know how audiophiles?

but with keyboards.

what is a hobby

what is a placebo?
what is snake oil?
what is a waste of money?

>placebo
what about this numpad can be placebo'd? it is a keyboard, it does what you would expect.
>snake oil
it works exactly as a numpad
>waste of money
this much is true

what's /mkg/ typing on today?

How are cherry clear switches? I'm a mechanical keyboard newb and was looking at the Coder's 60% keyboard with cherry clears. I was looking at it because for gaming, QWERTY is good. I want to increase my typing speed and being able to on the fly switch to DVORAK would be nice.

I'm currently on a cherry red board from Corsair. The ten keyless model K65.

Filco Magestouch Convertible II

TADA68

IIRC it's like browns, but with a more noticeable tactile bump.

>Coder's 60% keyboard
The what?

So like a more quiet blue? Blues are fun and I love the feel, but having your keyboard noise picked up on mic is annoying.
Sorry. The brand is called CODE and it's a 61 key keyboard
Has on the fly switches for changing keyboard layout.

Speaking of numpads whos getting the ducky calculator?

my comfy fission

It gets worse user.

tfw cherry milkys are the best but theyre so inconsistent that its a lottery I'm not willing to keep playing

I like them, and I think they're Cherry's best switch. A lot of people think that clears are too heavy for them, though. They have the heaviest bottom out force out of Cherry's switches. They're much heavier than blues. It might be hard to game on them.

Personally, I had no problem with clears and I have "girly" hands. I don't game, though. Honestly, it all depends on your own preference. I don't think you'll be able to find any MX Clear board near you, but if you can try out something with MX Blacks at a local store, you can gauge if you like the weight, because they're similar.
You can also just not bottom out the clears, but some people find that difficult to do.

Rosewill RK-9000V2

What keycap brand is the easiest to clean? I find cleaning my current keyboard quite difficult.

>Sorry. The brand is called CODE and it's a 61 key keyboard
Oh, the Pok3r rebrand.

You take your caps off to clean your keyboard, right?

Yea I bottom out reds. I'm very heavy handed. I really wanted a 60% board though. Unsure if I should go clear then if they're that heavy. Ugh. Just want a cool backlit 60% board with blank caps. I'm forever stuck at 95 WPM and it's getting me down.

What is the best full sized keyboard for $125?

Yes, I do. I should of asked if the type of plastic for kecaps affects how quick it gets dirty.

Got one already, it's pretty nice.

Only downside is they made it use a CR2032 button cell which doesn't provide enough power to run the screen's backlight, so if you want to use it independently in the dark you'll need an external battery bank for it.

Sad.

How easy would it be to add a bigger battery?

Clears are like a heavy brown with a more noticeable tactile bump. It's a bit hard to describe really, they're not like Blues. Blues have a "sharp" and "concise" feel to them, clicky describes them very well in terms of both sound and feel. Clears are not like that, I guess I'd say a Clear is more like rolling over a bump, there's no precise, sharp click feel to them like on Blues. They're also heavy, I use a Clear keyboard at work and it's the heaviest I've ever used. I like it, but if you're used to light switches or soft rubber domes the feel of Clears may be a bit of a shock.

if you are heavy-handed it should not be a big deal. I was really nervous when I bought my cherry clear keyboard, thinking that I wouldn't like the weight. But I actually love them. Ultimately, you aren't going to know unless you try it.

Ok I'll keep that in mind.
>not going to know unless I try it

I know but the problem is that none if my local shops have clears in stock. Ever. Every other color but never clear. Hmm. Maybe I'll just buy it and take a leap of faith.

Dunno, I haven't managed to get it open yet. There's four screws in the plate, but it still holds together with them out and nothing else is visible (or hidden under the rubber bumpers, the metal serial number plate or the battery compartment).

every other color? you should try out the blacks and greens then, if you haven't already. they're similar in weight to the clears, if you like them then buying clears will be less a leap and more a hop. I own both clears and blacks, and only feel a small difference in terms of weighting.

Yea my local Microcenter has reds, blacks, blues, greens, the Nova hybrid switches from cooler master, and the oddball oranges from Razer.

I'll give blacks a try then.

>greens
Seriously? You sure you don't mean Razer?

Yea. Green and orange from Razer

Those aren't the same as Cherry greens.

just so you know they're just rebranded kailh switches

Is there a good usb custom keyboard, sort of like a numpad only keypad.

But so that I can make each key do something specific? Say press key 1, and it opens onenote, press key 2, and it changes several audio divice settings, etc.

you have to get a programmable numpad and bind your shortcuts and macros to a function layer

Any recommended ones?

Thing is I don't want my regular keyboard affected so it cant be bound to anything existing on the standard keyboard..

How do i bind macros onto my tada? The configurator site can only set keys

I've got this keyboard. It's my first mechanical keyboard so I can't give much of a review, but I quite like it. The keys are definitely heavy, but it's very satisfying to type on. Other switches kind of feel cheap to me.

It looks really nice as well with the white lighting and backdrop. The picture doesn't really do it justice.

if it has tmk support or similar firmware support otherwise you can't.

>assdrop tomorrow
wow

I regret not getting his previous (although I couldn't thanks to prices/dlc/shipping/anticpated import fees)
I'll see how much this one is and if the dlc is more favourable

Why is everything he makes grey

There are other colours

I really like the look of those 60% keyboards, but I'm a bit worried about loss of functionality.

Sure I lose a numpad which is a bummer, but how do you use the Function keys and what not? Does it work like on laptops where you hold some function key in combination?

Yeah, it usually works like that, where you hold Fn and press a key so it has a different function. Some boards allow you to set up shortcuts to completely switch to a different layer, so you don't need to hold Fn, just press a combination, say Fn+2 for example, and switch to layer 2 where you have different commands programmed on everything, and then switching back to a more regular layout with Fn+1.

Is it worth it buying a new board with double shot keycaps but a style I don't like? Pic related on massdropped has me interested as a secondary board but the caps are only laser etched. The other blue aspie shit is double-shot.

Also how does the KBParadise V80 hold up anyway?

I don't have one, but after reading some online reviews they seem to have firmware problems. Those are old reviews so maybe they fixed them. To be honest if you want doubleshot keycaps then just get a keyboard with them already. Ducky Ones cost between 80-90 bucks

I need a cheap DSA keycap set for cheap. Something that has legends on it. I can't stand this OEM set anymore because it only works well with my hands when the feet of my keyboard are up... and keyboard feet are the fucking cancer and cause RSI.

I've been looking at DSA keycaps but they're all:

1) expensive ($100+ for TKL)
2) cheap but no legends of any kind
3) sold out

Can someone pls help me out?

Get chink DSA sets. They are still expensive, but at least they give you a full set
m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32801180789.html#autostay

How do you order/create a custom Numpad?

Just 3D print it yourself

user, I looked at that one. Too expensive. You can buy Dolsch (OEM) for like $25. You can buy the same set but without legends for 1/3 of the price.

I'm not gonna pay $70 for a chink knockoff that also looks like shit. If I'm gonna spend that much, I might as well buy an SP set for $30 more.

>OEM
>LIGHT COLORS
yeah,. no thanks.

dolch is ABS just fyi

Requirements:
- No gaymer RGB backlights. Just regular white.
- Full black, no stupid colors in the number row or shit like that
- minimal branding
- Great feel
- Not $4018419051290571205712

Can you name one MK like this, Sup Forums?

I know. But I care more about profile at this point.

BTW, I've seen Carbon DSA set on a chink site for

>Ducky Ones
That's actually my current keyboard.
As for the V80 I guess I'll have a more detailed look but I'm leaning towards just sticking with the laser etched set since it's landslides better than my laptop's keyboard which is what it will pretty much be connected to 24/7.
This is the blue set that I wasn't very fond of after seeing the vintage set.

You mean taobao? Thats just group buy leftovers. If you want DSA or SA profile the you aren't gonna get it cheaper then 60 buck Filco ones.

Properly fill the template and then maybe.

the one you will like the most.

There are several keyboards like that. If you want just get a Ducky One for those programmable media keys and macros.

What Keycaps?

Pulse

Do you guys use wrist rests? I have a rubber one, and I don't really like it. Is it worth it to try and save up for a wooden one, or can I use it without a rest?

anyone else looking to get into the matt3o hi-profile set on MD tomorrow?

Which Leopold Topre board is the best quality / best regarded?

I can't decide between the FC660C or the FC980C. I'd take whatever is closer to a Realforce 87 55G...

I CANT DECIDE

Anyone know where I can get custom backlit mx keycaps? Everything ive found is either non backlight. Or black backlit.

Wrist rests are bad for you so I don't use one

Chyna
Aliexpress has lots of options.

any reason that you actually believe that? It's only worse if you want carpal tunnel .

Putting any kind of pressure on your wrists is bad. If you do have one atleast use at as palm support. The ideal typing form is to have your hands hover over your keyboard.

How long can I expect my ducky one tkl to last?
I am wondering if it's worth investing in some fancy keycaps.

It's not OEM profile at all, and it's dyesub PBT. What else would you expect?

Another day, another /mkg/ thread. Have you found the endgame yet this Easter /mkg/?

The caps can be transferred to other keyboards, you know.

Already did. Silenced buckling springs are super comfy to type on.

Currently working on bolt mod for my model M but looks like the membrane is going to have to be replaced. Anyone know what to put in here for the membrane? It is Model M 1391401.

You put in 1391401...

Ask Unicomp, or is their support line slow?

No their support is pretty good actually. I will probably do that.

You're wasting your own time, I have done the exact same thing before. Write 1391401 in the box.

ok ill do that. thanks

>It's not OEM profile at all, and it's dyesub PBT. What else would you expect?
wtf do you think it is? of course it's OEM.

Just bought this, it's my first mechanical keyboard.

Roast me, /mkg/

Do you even know what OEM profile is? This is custom profile thats based on the old IBM beamspring keyboards.

Its a solid 8/10 keyboard

There should be no difference other than the size / layout.

Both are designed in SK by Leopold, manufactured in China and inspected in Japan by Topre.