Do you use a case on your phone?

Do you use a case on your phone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IZRIEHf1pUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no i not gay

Yes, I throw a $10 piece of plastic on my $600 pocket computer to help protect it.

Why the fuck wouldn't you do that?

yes, the caseless 6P is slippery as shit (almost as bad as iphone)

Any good case for the 6p that also lets me put a couple cards inside for storage?

I didn't on my old phones but the pixel felt so droppable and I paid full retail for it so I went full ape tier and got a case for it.

Ashamed as fuck but I won't drop it now at least

The pixel is a phone worth dropping though desu

I like it, except for the fact that it looks like and iPhone

Case are goat unless you want to be in the cracked screen club

Nah I have one too I was just having a giggle friend

yes i even bought a screen protector

Yes

Thin case and a glass screen protector on my Oneplus 3T.

I've had an Otterbox Commuter on my Note 5 since I got it. It's a fantastic case other than a few minor annoyances (dirt gets trapped easily, thinner plastic parts tend to break).

No case, no screen protector.
Why would I ruin the intended ergonomics and aesthetic of the device? Why would I ruin the display quality by gluing some shitty plastic on it?

I have been using many smartphones since 2009 and never broke a single one of them.
Why normies are so clumsy and retarded?

Nope, my phone looks too good to put a case on it. Dropped it two times though and got a small scratch in the corner.

Oh, and I have a second unit of my phone so I could swap the case for a perfect one if I wanted.

I have a Nillkin hard case making my phone less slippery.

I don't drop my phone because I'm not a retard.

Yes, a wallet case.

>intended ergonomics

Maybe we have different ideas on the definition of "ergonomic" but almost every flagship now is a slippery over-sized bar of soap made from glass and aluminum, pretty much the opposite of ergonomic imo. Face it, phones are made now to strictly look good on the display shelf so dumb normies will buy them when they walk into their carrier store, but the actual ergonomics, usability, and durability is shit. Also you might have clammy hands which helps to hold onto these slippery phones better compared to people with dry hands. Personally I use a thin TPU cases which adds grip with minimal increase in bulk and keeps the frame from getting dinged or scratched if it falls.

God tier case, these. I always went caseless when I had android phones because the cases were all butt ugly, but I went to apple this past fall and I saw how nice the SE leather case was. Plus the phone is so small and slim it doesn't really bother me

i hate the ugly cutout on the 6/7 version

Only because it also doubles as my wallet. I don't carry more than 1-2 notes in cash, so i figured i'd drop my wallet for a wallet case so that i would always have my two most important things in one. Easier to keep track of.

No, my Moto E 2nd gen has a bumper built into it

i've used this since i bought the phone. i like the look of it, especially because it hides those awful faux chrome borders of the phone itself. i've also gone through 2 screen protectors, i don't think i'd ever dare using a smartphone ever again without a case and screen protector. even though i'm generally careful about handling my phone, accidents still happen. i hope to keep this phone for at least 1 more year until i start earning a wage. though, i'm a bit miffed by OPO having released like 5 phones since the OPO came out, and this phone is still a beast

No I don't use a case because I don't give a shit about disposable tech like a phone

Lol @ the hole for the apple logo. How fucking pitiful do you have to be to have to display the logo of the device you bought on some fourteen year $2,99/month plan?

Yeah some generic $10 case from Walmart for my iPhone 5

Yes. I have never majorly dropped my phone but if that happens i don't know if i could afford a new one. If i will ever be rich enough i'll stop using cases, they look and feel ugly

>I'm too poor to pay for my stuff without an installment plan therefore everyone else is too
Sorry for not being a fuckup, I guess? What can I say.

I don't have a phone.

Should we break out the statistics goy?

Using a spigen armor on my i9506 for 3 years) , saved my phone twice

Sure, what's he in prison for?

I thought I was on Sup Forums not leddit

Not marketing or anything but pic related is literally the ONLY guard that matters. Anyone who say otherwise is an idiot.

Underrated post

If you think a case is only about protection you're wrong.

Has anyone used Speck cases here? What are your thoughts? Any good compared to other manufacturer cases? I have one their line of cases named Presidio Clear lying in my cart for my iPhone 7 Plus. Should I buy it?

>buys a beautiful $800 metal-and-glass flagship
>doesn't want to pay for a $10 cover
>drops it
>retarded

Yeah because I value my expensive item as I'm not a complete retard who wants to throw money away on screen repairs etc.

i'm sorry that you have so little disposable income that a fucking phone is going to ruin you

>Buys a beautiful $800 metal and glass flagship
>Immediately covers it with cheap rubber and plastic
Shameful

not in a million years
I use 75e phones for a reason: to not give a fuck about them

Money you didn't need to spend is still wasted money.

My iphone cover cost $50 and is made of leather, stop being poor

That's a bumper not a case.

Not anymore.
I went through two of those flip down blackberry q10 cases and the latch that was supposed to hold them in place was so fucking shit it splits and gets loose within a month.

>I always went caseless when I had android phones because the cases were all butt ugly
I know, right? Not only the iPhone is the cutest phone I had, it's also the first phone to have a nice case option.
I don't like 6/7 in general :)

No, just a matte screen protector

>leather phone cases

does it come with a free holster clip?

I don't know what that means, is it a gun nut thing? I don't need a gun because I'm not a scared retard who shits himself with fear at the sight of a stranger
Why are you telling me? I have a case

I have a black SE. Jesus Christ this looks so gorgeous, I wouldn't get it in red though. I forgot all about Apple leather cases for things.

Ugh, shup the fuck y'all. Cases do matter.

>case is only about protection
Then enlighten us peasants what else is it for.

it means you clip your phone onto your belt because it's so precious and you want to keep it safe, has nothing to do with guns but be a faggot if you want

>it means you clip your phone onto your belt
Not really following you here, in what way does leather mean belt clips?

It's a pretty simple case:
youtube.com/watch?v=IZRIEHf1pUQ

I do (I have an S5), but I'm not even sure why. I've dropped my phone only twice in the past 6 years or so. Of course if I take it off, I'll probably drop it withing a few days, because that's how life is.

I have the black SE with the black leather case. It's literally perfect. Not upgrading this thing for a long time.

pic related

They make plastic cases that clip to a belt too.

Once again, why do you think "leather" implies "clips to belt"?

Nope. Hate cases. Bit of a pain with my Z3 though. Crappy thing slides of any surface.

I bought one for my Moto G4 and I'm starting to regret it. The thing is bulky and heavy enough that It's making me not want to use my goddamn phone. I'm sure it'll resist whatever fall it takes but I'm wondering if the G4 can actually resist that. I've been using a chinese cheap phone for 2 years, dropping it like a dumbass and it didn't break, so what are the chances...?

Just follow the dbrand meme instead

Does Apple mandate that all cases show off the Apple logo? How fucking delicious are your farts?

Cases meant for android phones are analogous to the plastic covers that lower middle class people put on their furniture "investment". This is because android fans are preoccupied with not being seen as caring about their appearance, to the point where they go out of their way to seek out ugly, clunky, unattractive things. To do otherwise might be seen as "putting on airs" which would cause a loss of face among their community

By contrast, cases meant for iPhones are analogous to a fine oriental rug. They may serve a functional purpose but are primarily chosen for A E S T H E T I C S because the owners understand that "fashion" infuses every choice we make and seeking ugliness due to fear of greatness is abhorrent

No.
I have a Samsung Galaxy.

My sarcsasm meter is off the charts. Is this post real life?

The idea of having a plastic and rubber case on my phone is depressing as fuck. Why would anyone do that?

I use a case made of two parts, a TPU rubber inside and a hard shell outside.

I just use the Moto Z Play mod case. I know it doesn't protect it at all but it looks nice. All the Z Play cases are shitty anyways

>phone case costs 3 times as much as my phone

So you're serious then.

IDK man. I grew up with IBM PS/2 boxes, so I just don't have the reverence you guys do with smart phones. You guys see it one way - as an incredibly powerful pocket computer that will save the species, but I see them as a locked down botnet device created to monetize every facet of my our existence. I literally almost quit my job when they bought us iphones and forced us to use them for work. I was happy with my nokia brick. It made calls. It texted. It had a calculator. It also ran for fucking ever on it's nuclear powered finn battery.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy people recognize smart phones for the incredible technological acheivement they represent, but I'll probably never feel "good" about them. It's just another worry.

Who the fuck is "you guys"? I grew up with a 5150, just because you're old doesn't mean you have to carry yourself like a fucking slob.

Is there a case with a built-in screen so you can have a cool anime theme playing

I'm probably not much older than you, but your hostile response to a polite post makes me question that predisposition. I fail to see how viewing technology differently makes me a "slob". I just don't have respect for smart phones. I'll put a cheap case on it, but if it breaks later today, I'll still sleep well tonight.

It's funny because not too long ago all the tin-foils were saying the government was going to put RF-ID chips in us. Nobobody really believed it, but lo and behold everyone got one anyway through their precious smart phones. Not only that, they paid for the privelage.

I still love technology and I always have, but that doesn't mean I'm incapable of critical thinking.

What makes you a slob is your hostility to taking care of your appearance, whether this means exercising, having a nice haircut, wearing nice clothes, or having a nice looking phone (and I don't care how nice looking your phone was when you took it out of the box, if you slap an ugly ass rubber thing on it, you might as well have gotten the ugliest phone on the market)

>It's funny because not too long ago all the tin-foils were saying the government was going to put RF-ID chips in us

Not really sure what that has to do with aesthetics. You carry a smart phone, you're being tracked. Yes, even if it's one of those Phil Zimmerman phones that broadcasts to The Man that you're a paranoiac. Especially if you're one of those people who bought one.

Also, you are not older than me. You are, in fact, younger than me. Google the 5150, it came out before, or around the same time as, your birth.

I have a JXD S5800, so no cases exist for my phone

Still stuck on the slob thing huh? If you're at all interested I'm 6'1", 180 lbs, brown haired blue eyed, so, sorry, I'm actually quite good looking and healthy.

Anyway, I never said tracking had to do with aesthetics. You implied that because I didn't use a cover that costs as much as the phone, I didn't care about my appearance. I then replied that I simply don't like smart phones period, giving my reasons why.

Also, first I'm a grandpa, and now you're older then me? When would the computer being made matter? Did they all self destuct after the 80's so no one could ever use them again?

Just trying to have a conversation, but you're being overly hostile - even for this shit hole, and not really reading the posts, so I'm out. Happy Easter.

>If you're at all interested I'm 6'1", 180 lbs, brown haired blue eyed
Not sure when brown hair was a function of how well you took care of yourself. Is it dyed or something?

>Also, first I'm a grandpa, and now you're older then me?
You claimed to be the grandpa, remember? I never mentioned age until you brought it up.

>When would the computer being made matter?
You tell me. You're the one who started with this "I'm older than Sup Forums so listen up youngsters" nonsense. And now you're pulling the "I'm too mature for Sup Forums" act since your entire argument against having a good looking case was "I'm older than you" and some irrelevant tinfoil stuff.

Sorry you can't defend your point of view without trying to pull rank with this year of birth shit.

Not them but your a fuckig cocksucker

no
i use a 2 year old chinkshit which costed 60 eur and is made out of soft plastic (even the screen!) I have dropped it milion times and it just doesn't want to break.

This is how all phone should be made but nooo, it must feel and look lite it's expensive and be made out of aluminium and glass.

Fuck apple, they started this and forced all the industry to do the same.

5s with red case here, it's literally prettier than red 7

Nope. I have 4 (well, 2 now) RedMi 2 Pros and just grab a new one when the old one breaks. It's just a Facebook machine, anyway. No, I didn't break 2 phones, my friend broke his old ass Nokia and I just gave it one because he wouldn't shut up about how he wasn't going to spend money on something that didn't support "real" Linux.

because it's shit that old people use

>I have the black SE with the black leather case. It's literally perfect.

That's what I'd do if I was a case using person. Hnnnggggg.

>10$
you privileged fuck!
My current case was 2.85$ on ali and it's just fine

>why get ONLY my phone OR wallet stolen by a nigger when I can make it easy for them to steal BOTH at ONCE

>not buying an American-made case to go with your American-deisgned phone

Does it have Keymod rails?

Being able to mistreat your smartphone is a huge plus.
It is intended to be with me every hour of every day, of every month until it breaks or it becomes obsolete, I have to get from it good news and bad news, it has to follow me on the table of nice restaurants and while I climb a high point in a castle's dungeon full of dirt with the torch on to change a projector's settings (it happened lol).
I never drop anything of value and I get a lot of valuable stuff on my hands (like 30k+ videocameras), but the phone is different, I'm not supposed to care about something so close to me. It just needs to work.

kek

they're alright cases. nothing special. but if you like slim cases, then go ahead. they're quality enough. not worth their pricetag imo

I think it was the S5 that had a leather back and it was so nice to hold. Now I have the 7 and I have to use a case because I might as well be holding a bar of soap

No, I just use a skin and a screen protector.

I use a Spigen case for my 6p. If you want a good case, go with a Spigen one. Applies to iPhones as well.

First 6-12 months I use a case. After that I get tired of the bulk and my phone goes nude. This new gen of phones seems to be really fragile though. I've dropped my Nexus 5 countless times with no case and there's no cracks or dents. Really I think part of the problem is they're trying to thin out the bezels as much as possible.

phone fell out on marble floor from pocket.
No dents, scratches or anything. Looks sexy af
$12 well spent!

Why would you use a case?
You just need a screen protector.

I'm a clumsy fuck, so yeah. Everyone should use a screen protector because just pulling your phone in and out of your pocket will eventually scratch it.