WHAT THE HELL AMD???

I buy a 1440p 144hz monitor with freesync and now i can't run shit with it because they refuse to release high end cards!

The RX 580 is literally an overclocked 480 (which i have now). When the hell is Vega coming out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LE4gibDSMFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

amd knows its userbase
poorfags and pajeets

Is this a meme?
You know AMD showcased their CPUs with GTX1080 and Titan X lol, they know fully and well that their GPU is shit and will always be shit.

gsync monitors literally cost $200 more than freesync equivalent, and when i got it i thought AMD was going to claw back the market share they lost.

I made a huge mistake trusting those cucks in AMD (though the monitor itself is pretty good).

>Waiting for vapourware

Just wait!™

Crossfire two rx480 in doom@vulkan

>When the hell is Vega coming out?
June, as always

Wait™ for it.

June according to the latest rumors. Sounds plausible, but then again the very early rumors were pegging Vega as a Pascal competitor, so fuck knows, AMD is way fucking behind NVIDIA now.

>early rumors were pegging Vega as a Pascal competitor
people reading fake news deserve to suffer

J-just wait for Vega!

>yfw Nvidia reveals the pascal refresh line literally the week after Vega and AMD gets BTFO again without Nvidia even having to use Volta

Ultra Smooth 60 FPS™

Only On AMD

No confirmed release date as far as i know.
But heavy rumours that it would be released this summer.

And if you want something beefier than RX 480 for freesync, get R9 Fury X or Radeon Pro Duo.

Though Gsync and Freesync actually increases input delay in weird manners.

At low frames Gsync is better than Freesync, and at high frames Freesync is better than Gsync.

but nonetheless: all syncs add input delay.

1080ti isn't even 40 days old, no way
in june maybe they will refresh 1060
something like 1060ti or whatever, it will kill 1070 sales so they won't?

Vega is most definitely computex.
Enterprise go their instinct cards, time to throw scraps to plebs.

>Though Gsync and Freesync actually increases input delay in weird manners.
I have no graphs but I switched to constant 144hz just because it felt snappier, maybe that's just my monitor. (mg279q)

I don't think anybody really wanted to believe that AMD were going to completely withdraw from the high-end/enthusiast segments and leave NVIDIA to reign free. The state of the market now is quite unprecedented with absolutely 0 competition above the midrange GTX 1060/RX 480 level and by the time Vega comes out it will have been more than a full year of this crap.

May, actually.

The only way to get lower input lag than with GSync/FreeSync is to play without any *Sync at all and deal with the tearing. VSync of any kind is slower.

it's really hard to notice tearing at 144hz evena t below 60 fps
so I left it at 144 forever

I was going to say something along the lines of But with slight note as in: Tearing is easily spotted when your games are running at 48-60fps, but when the framerate is above 100 it starts to become so subtle that it's not a problem (Atleast to me.) ((and yes, 48-60fps tearing is a problem for me to clarify this.))

But Radeon Pro Duo is better than GTX 1080 but my point is moot since it costs as much as GTX 1080Ti which it loses to.
Haven't checked on R9 Fury and Fury X prices if they'd be competitive with 1070 atleast. (Maybe on some sale.)

I did that, but crossfire is garbage for 90% of games. I just returned the second one to amazon

Fair enough, if you're not getting any bothersome tearing just go for it. Also depends on the game/engine sometimes and on the perspective.

Radeon Pro Duo is CF crap with 4GB VRAM that nobody in their right mind should touch at any moment in time after GTX 1080 was out. Last time I tried CF (~1 year ago) it was in a really sorry state, not only was support from AMD themselves shit but CF also doesn't have anything that you can customize user-side, like the SLI bits and the various "SLI hack" functions for NVIDIA. This means that there's shit support from AMD and any sort of community support (like the lists of tens/hundreds of community SLI profiles) is also essentially non-existent.

youtube.com/watch?v=LE4gibDSMFw