adnauseam.io/
github.com/dhowe/AdNauseam/wiki/FAQ
github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

About 3 minutes and 32 seconds

About tree fiddy

>have ublock

>it still gets detected

all that does is create an opening for someone else to make the same type of site that allows adblock users

link?

Useless again Umartix.

archived.moe

>Adverts then:
>A little bar on the side of the page
>An image that doubled as a link
>Annoying if overused but not strictly a problem on its own

>Adverts now:
>Full screen pop-up that covers the content
>Larger filesize than the content itself
>Animated
>Noisemaking
>Collects and distributes cookie data
>Totally disruptive and inconvenient on its own, when used en masse completely ruins a website

Wow, I sure can't figure out why people block adverts?

i don't see it

You mean:

>How long until ad blockers found ways around ad block detectors?

It's only time until that is fixed

Not to mention that websites have no control over the ads shown since they are served through an ad network

filterlists.com/

When i see that shit i just close the page and find what im looking for elsewhere.

I certainly hope so.

These things aren't even implemented correctly, you cal literally inspect element on it, delete it and you'd normally see site below it

>inspect element

only works on one page. Refresh it and it pops up again

I want an adblocker that hides the ads.

But still downloads them.....10.000 times over.
With enough people we could break the ad networks simply by requesting too many ads.

You forgot
>Liable to be hijacked by malvertising and serve you up drive-by downloads or fake tech support scam websites

Regex can solve that, since they typically use generated random strings so adblockers need specific rules for that invasive content.

Doable, certainly.

True that

There's a ublock fork that does similar to this. I forgot what it's called though.

>he didn't remove adblock after the whole youtube fiasco

Free as in freedom , not free as in free of charge you faggots.

What are you doing

I don't get why we moved away from those google text ads. They fit into every website really well and it felt less obtrusive than all these giant video ads wasting space and time meanwhile there's only one link. Maybe they should've added a thumbnail to the text ad but that's about it.

The fact that majority of sites have no idea which ads flow through their site, just that they're from an ad network is pretty fucking horrendous. Global consumer protection agencies need to halt this shit immediately. iirc NYTimes website still is pushing malware through their ad networks.

avoiding your 9gag tier image

Because it's easier to get attention of retards with huge flashing ads that YELL click me

>has adblock
>checks x website
>"pls disable adblock to view this site"
>leaves and check another site
Done

This.
Fuck the shitheads who think because they created a website they have to 'fund' it by inflicting ads on people. Nobody asked them to create their shitty website. If they can't afford to run it or find a legitimate way to fund it they can fuck off and do something worthwhile.
There's no such thing as a unique website anymore.

Well, it didn't work.

>Site is the only place that has said content

>Move elsewhere

It's funny because I recall clicking more text ads because they seemed less overt and in your face about it all, and you sort of trusted it way more than you do with ads now. More clicks = more money but hey I guess now all of the money comes from people who accidentally click a full screen video ad.

adnauseam.io/

Thanks, I'll look into it.

How is it "retarded" please explain or shut up.

That's because you're normal and most people aren't like that

What website?

How would it "brake" the ad network

>dat site design.

It's so terrible I love it.

Or tech illiterate people.

I installed Windows 7 on my uncle's pc. He clicked something and the pc was filled with malware and viruses. Then i installed 8.1, same thing plus he was complaining about how confusing the start screen was. THEN I installed 10 and he managed to do the same thing in the very first day.

And I also tried installing Mint and Ubuntu on his pc so he could stop fucking up, but he found it too confusing and complained about how he couldn't run his Windows programs.

I'm guessing eating bandwidth or something? But that would require multiple people doing that at the same time

Ad networks sell clicks and views.

By generating shitloads of fake clicks and fake views nobody will be willing to pay for their shitty service.

>>Adverts then:
>>A little bar on the side of the page
>>An image that doubled as a link
>>Annoying if overused but not strictly a problem on its own
Have you not polished your nostalgia glasses, or are you just imagining a time when you weren't actually around?

Websites have used annoying, blinking, interactive, huge and sometimes even aural ads since the 90s.

That would be a very ineffective way though

higher than normal zuz

when i fix normies' pcs i just install bunch of ad blockers so they can't even see the ads anymore

True, but on paper it would say people still view them etc, which would make people lost likely still buy them

>adnauseam.io/
Had no idea this existed, thanks.

I'm planning to, but the problem is now my uncle (for some retarded reason), install every single web browser out there, and uses all of them, even internet explorer. Now, if there's an adblocker that can work separated from web browsers, that would be nice (maybe there is, but i've been too lazy to search for it).

There's also this retarded reaction of his (and I assume this also happens with normies) where they download programs from any shaddy website, and they don't even care to read the checkboxes or buttons on the setup and end installing malware anyways.

>adnauseam.io/
This is great, but how does it handle malicious ads? I don't want what basically amounts to grandma clicking on every bit of malware she encounters.

You aren't doing your job as an actual tech literate person.
You're supposed to be setting up their system so that they actually have to try their hardest to fuck shit up. This means auto-updates for browser and OS. This means installing adblockers into every browser on their system. This means creating a separate account for them with less system privileges so they can't install BigBustyBabesOnline. And then you can go the extra mile for maintenance tasks, setting up auto backup and what have you.

It's much worse when you have family members who believe they're tech literate and refuse to change their shitty ways. Now that shit is agonizing.

zozzled

i don't see it as well
he's fucking with you

They do it instead of requiring you to pay money, however. It's not particularly strange that they won't let those in who refuse to pay.

>find another site
>most just rehash the same information anyway

I remember playing games where they were parodying the constant stream of popups online.
Popups that generated more popups, it was hell

google.com

How legit is this? What about privacy, malware and other shit?

>or are you just imagining a time when you weren't actually around?

It may comes as a surprise to you but not all of us are underage.

You know what my first job was? Data entry.
You know what computer I used for that? CPC464+, monochrome 14" screen, lightpen input.

Likely before you were even born.

So yes, some of us really do remember "those days" so how about you fuck off?

The same way ublock does.

github.com/dhowe/AdNauseam/wiki/FAQ
As per usual, check out avail FAQ.

Must be the first alternative with the foggy nostalgia glasses, then, since you're still wrong.

Don't give a fuck about your web site. My privacy, security, and freedom from ads means more to me than any web site that does this. I'll just close the tab and move on.

It doesn't matter if you started doing arithmetic on an abacus, it matters that you're fucking wrong or senile if you think ads haven't always been annoying and massive as well as in audio.

So then why are you on 4chin?

>How long until this kills Adblock?
I read that as "This site is defective, go find the information you're looking for somewhere else".

I doubt it will change much.

> Not to mention that websites have no control over the ads shown since they are served through an ad network

Just a tip to any of you who are actually running some website.. try to sell advertisements directly. I know, it's really hard but if you have some special interesting topic then you may actually get some who are just out to put advertisements on the topic you're audience is into.

Advertisement network lack of control goes both ways, advertisers don't really know what kind of placement and traffic they are getting.

>It's funny because I recall clicking more text ads because they seemed less overt and in your face about it all
But you're here on Sup Forums. A whole lot of "normal" people, specially now with mobile phones and tablets, will click those full screen ads links when trying to close them. If you're charging per click then this makes total sense. For those showing the advertisements... not so much.

I figured this shit out when I was 13, your uncle is just retarded. Only way to stop him would be setting up a restricted account where he can't install new software or use I.E. Then blacklist all adservers via hosts file. Make sure to install ublock on every browser.

4chin has ads? I never knew.

Looks good, gonna use it and see how it goes, thanks.

>Just a tip to any of you who are actually running some website.. try to sell advertisements directly. I know, it's really hard
Actually it's not that difficult, and selling advertisements isn't the only method. Using a combination of methods on top of 'direct' advertisements (that you can control explicitly), is absolutely the right path. Other methods to use in combination include accepting donations (incl bitcoin), having a subscription service, having a patreon, etc. This of course assumes you aren't running something like an ecommerce website in which you should be making enough from the services/products to cover server costs already.

Never, this is the same shit from when Google news rolled out. The aggregators get linked, paywalls fall out of relevance, again.

>I recall clicking more text ads
I have to ask what ads you've found worth clicking. In 20+ years of web browsing, I have literally never once seen an interesting ad.

I like what Horriblesubs had on their website
"If you find the ads annoying, feel free to manually block them. We won’t feel offended "

>has science gone too far

Because it's detects 3rd-party filter lists such as EasyList and so one.

how to avoid it then?

iirc, one was wow and the other was clothing. Although it's been years so.

Cloudflare + ads = no privacy, security, or freedom from ads.

Already, just enable this: github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer

Set it globally.

how

What? Youtube fiasco is that companies pulled off ads from youtube, so there is nothing to block.

Gorhill don't approve this.

Because he wants to remain on google's good side and stay on the web store on the most popular browser around.

> privacy
> google CAPTCHA
Pick one.

Is this the shitposter's answer to adblocking?

He actually paid from google to transition rest of Firefox users from Adblock Plus and then to the Chrome because Ublock looks the same in both browsers.

Disable javascript.

Worst case scenario, let the ads load and then remove them.

That extra fun on fag sites that do their entire content loading via AJAX.

Or just basic form shit. But if you never fill out any forms, js has no use to you.

It's time for

4th party lists.

There are already grease/tamper monkey scripts that detect anti-adblock and feed it false information to prevent it from blocking you. I've not been stopped by an anti-adblock script in months.

name pls

>onclick popups

anti adblock killer.

It doesen't. Its a constant game of cat and mouse and as long as you don't completely wall off your site for paying members only you will have people getting around this.

Remember most of these ad-killers are done on the client side, and as such can be manipulated by the user.

Also javascript whitelist plugins like µmatrix and NoScript are thing. They really aren't that difficult to use and only require intervention once per site.

Don't you remember how annoying 3000 pop-ups were? That is basically what adverts are right now.

it's the same on thebarchive

It has small, inoffensive images. Even when Hiro claimed he needed to sell out completely just to keep Sup Forums afloat (which nobody believed, but he did it anyway), we still never had anything too terrible. Of course, that's why moot isn't a millionaire and had to literally borrow money from his mother to keep the site alive, while soulless corporate psychopaths fuck our shit up for fun and profit with their own websites.

If it was impossible to make money from the Internet, we wouldn't need Adblock because greed wouldn't be an issue.

>He never looked at based J-List