/gcg/ - Grapich Card General: Just Wait Edition

>tfw stuck with an R9 390
>Have enough money to upgrade up to a GTX 1070 or even a cheaper 1080
>But I already invested in a Freesync Monitor which makes 40-50 FPS smooth as 60-70
>Vega is in the mist

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/aspnet/Home/issues/1271
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/gcg/ is supposed to be for "Gabrge Collection General", were we disccuss about garbage collection aglorithms, newfag

Actually its about Gay Chinese General

Literally nobody cares about your boring life. Create a proper OP or fuck off.

Only newfags call people newfag

yes please

I was tricked into getting a 390 and some shit intel gpu.

I regret it so much.

I fell for the 8320/280x meme

Grew out of vidya, but fuck you fags regardless.

wanna buy my xfx r9 390? you can crossfire that shit

AYYMD REBRANDEON HOUSEFIRES

but 390 is good, you can even fry your bacon while booting windows

sell your monitor maybe?

I think the ASP.NET Core implementation of the garbage collection is messing with my session management

I get segfaults in my JVM atroughlythe same phase of the application, but with varying stack traces in the crash report. It always seems to happen during GC, however.

Since the crash happens in all three JVMs I tried (OpenJDK 6, Oracle 1.6.0_25 and 1.7.0) and with two GCs each (Parallel Collector and CMS), and it happens around the same area in the application, I figured, if I could find what the GC was trying to collect, I might spot some peculiarity in my code that causes this crash.

Are there any coding practices that are well known to be problematic for GC?What methods are available for diagnosing this problem?

This will happen if you have JNI library which handles memory incorrectly. The problem does not show immediately. However when a GC is performed, it scans all the memory, trips over the corrupted reference and kills the JVM. i.e. the corruption could have occurred at any time since the last Full GC.

Pick up an RX480 for cheap when they get dumped here shortly. The 580's release will likely drive the 480 well below the 199 where it's at now. Keep your Freesync, get performance roughly on par with 1060, but not quite 1070.

Maybe you need to checkout this bug github.com/aspnet/Home/issues/1271

Why is garbage collection general filled with Sup Forumsucks

Thanks for the input user

I went with the 8350 + 390, feels good mang, thinking of upgrading to the r7 1700, but needing new ram and mobo makes it like a $500 - $600 investment and I don't do a ton that would take advantage of all the cores, might wait for Zen+ if I don't come into some random moneh

We should see Vega specs at computex.

> tfw andromeda works just fine with 750ti