/pcbg/ - PC Building General

/pcbg/: Post your component list; rate other anons'; ask questions in general.

State the PURPOSE of your PC & BUDGET. State COUNTRY if not USA.
List GAMES/SOFTWARE you use often. List resolution & hz if gaming.
Seeking build improvements? Clarify goal: lower price or improved specs?
Put effort into your queries to make yourself easy to help.

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons & compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

>Information on how to assemble a PC, select components & more. (somewhat outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

Currently worthwhile CPUs:
>G4560 for budget builds (i3 & i5 aren't worthwhile. Get Ryzen 5, drop down to G4560, or up to i7
>No R5 1400 unless discounted
>i7-7700k is good but pricey. If over budget: consider locked 7700; not chasing 4.8Ghz+ capable when you weren't gonna overclock, or get R5
>Cheap Z270 board is still good for faster memory in games w/ locked 7700, but aren't for overclocking (VRMs suck)
>R7/Xeon for compute/multitask/mixed use

Currently worthwhile GFX cards:
>RX470 8GB, RX480 8GB, 1070, 1080, 1080TI
>1060 is worth considering over a 480 if same/cheaper in your country, or you just play games it's better on for the price. 1050Ti is for mITX builds
>Nvidia GPU + Ryzen has issues in DX12/Vulkan currently
>Budget builds: consider integrated graphics over a card weaker than an RX470, unless another's price/performance is better (ie discounted/used)
>Vega comes in May

General:
>Don't feel bound to a specific brand/model. Parametric filters on pcpartpicker can help
>Consider SSD-only for what you budgeted on SSD+HDD combined. Add HDD later once needed
>NVMe aren't worth it just for faster OS boot. They're primarily for productivity as a scratch disk
>Save money w/ mATX case/mobo, and if patient by purchasing your parts individually in flash sales

If you see another build advice thread, direct them here with

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/JG9HKZ
amazon.com/dp/B01IAGSD68/?tag=pcpapi-20
pcpartpicker.com/list/cCZbD8
extremetech.com/computing/236260-samsung-plants-to-slash-ssd-prices-to-hard-drive-levels-by-2020
pcpartpicker.com/list/
pcpartpicker.com/list/28jVyf
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157762&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
asrock.com/events/usretailer/newegg-AM4-Apr/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813145002&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=)?
youtube.com/watch?v=LE4gibDSMFw
pcpartpicker.com/list/82s39W
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does the Ryzen 1600 only have 3 reviews on Newegg? Is Newegg not a good site to buy parts from anymore?

How does this look?

Aiming for playing modern games at 60fps on 1080p.

Budget is 1400-1500, but I still need to pick out a monitor. Suggestions welcome.

I picked the RX 480, but I'm probably going to wait for the 580.

pcpartpicker.com/list/JG9HKZ

We need a better thing than the old pastebin.

It should go over things like:
how to pick a motherboard (how to roughly identify VRMs if you are going to overclock, how to see if it has the features you want, notes about how 6 SATA + m.2 isn't always better than 4 SATA + m.2 since using the m.2 often disables a SATA, how motherboards can have wireless included which can be cheaper, audio, etc..)
how to not fall into a trap expecting a $90 Z270 board and your meme aio to reach 5ghz overclocks
when to buy a better thing vs overclocking
how easy gpu overclocking is
VMs and emulation...
And how people need to better search for the actual deals they're getting and edit in prices for their pcpartspicker so it's not a repeated waste of time to point out there's another one on sale for cheaper.

Someone was working on a page that had pictures which was pretty good like 2 weeks ago. It needed work, but it was better than the old pastebin, but I haven't seen that person around.

I'm building Linux workstation mainly for programming and occasional video editing with blender. I might have to use this PC also to do FEM simulations and other engineering/scientific computing tasks so more CPU performance is most definitely welcome. I am currently looking at Ryzen 7 1700 as it offers a lot of workstation type performance for the price. Only thing that I miss is the integrated GPU which Intel offers on most of their processors. With Ryzen I would have to buy dedicated GPU. RX460 seems to be good value for a basic GPU which will not be used for gaming. I avoid nvidia due to problems with drivers on Linux. So what is Sup Forums's recommendation for workstation type build. Should I consider Intel instead?

Save money by getting the 1600 and overclocking
Get a B350 board instead
get DDR4-3200 ram
Don't pay that much for Windows
You could easily save 200$ and get same or better performance

There are probably better cooler options. Like the Cryorig H7 is only $35 if you can wait longer to get your bracket. Could also consider something like the C1 which doesn't cool the CPU as well, but will cool VRMs better and looks better.
And you can get windows for like $25 off Kinguin.
If you're playing games, obviously you should get at least DDR3000(2933)-3200

Looks good otherwise.

Pirate windows.
Drop down to B350 if you don't need the specific features x370 offer.
If you can go for 3200mhz ram (check the QVL unless you want to run the lottery)
Turn the SSD from 500gb to 256gb if the price difference is right - i'm assuming its merely a boot drive and thus you are unlikely to need the capacity.

Idk. I know a lot bought the 1600 from Jet because you can get it for $190 there. Newegg prices have been stuck on MSRP for Ryzen parts.

I've been wait to see if Jet lists the 1600X to get it at a discount there, myself. I got all my other parts.

amazon.com/dp/B01IAGSD68/?tag=pcpapi-20

Is this a good SSD to start out a rig with? Seems relatively sizeable. Might add a HDD anyway.

pcpartpicker.com/list/cCZbD8
More like this

Yes. MX300 is pretty much the goto SATA SSD. Only 2% slower than the 850 evo, reliable, cheaper price per GB.
Lots of people shill the 850 instead though. idk. It's not a bad SSD either, but the MX300 is fantastic.

Even factoring in a dgpu to get anything close to the performance a 1700 offers from Intel you'd have to get one of those 6 core broadwell chips which is a lot of extra cost - especially given the platform costs. If you aren't overclocking (I would imagine not) any old AM4 board will more than likely meet your needs.

Right on. 525gb should be good to start with, or do you think the 1.1tb is worth $130 more? My entire steam library is ~790gb if I were to load everything, which I wouldn't, but that doesn't count non-steam games and non-game installs as well. I've been using an SP3 for everything since my old laptop died, so I've kind of gotten used to SSD speeds for everything loading. Don't know if I want to go back to HDD.

This, but also drop down to the 470. The 480 is a 1440p card and the 480 isn't worth buying when the RX 580 is coming out soon.

>Should I consider Intel instead?
Why would you? The only scenario where it makes sense it GPU passthrough which is mostly for gaming anyways.

Thanks guys, and yeah, I'm probably going to wait for the 580.

What's the best budget SSD?

two more days my dude. I'm in the same boat as you.

The price/gb is even lower than the 1.1TB.
I really think it's worth it. I wish I had waited and gotten it instead of paying $330 for my 840 Evo 1TB. But my 840 is good enough.

I consider the MX300 pretty budget..

What they pointed out is accurate. The 580 is much more of a 1440p card. It's huge overkill for 1080p 60fps in the majority of games.
You could even go for the 570. Looks like they'll only be $170 MSRP and is roughly equivalent to a reference RX480 at 1080p.

I don't recommend thinking overpaying for a 8GB RX580 as "future proofing".
Future proofing is having an extra $100 in your bank to use toward and upgrade later, or getting Vega. RX580 8GB is for a value 1440p card and not future proofing.

I'm trying to pick out a 1070 but there's like 10 different ones ranging from $380 to $480

Which one does Sup Forums recommend

They are all basically the same shit since pascal cannot into voltage. Get the one with the best warranty and sound profile.

Well, I probably am going to upgrade to a Vega sometime down the road. Maybe in like two years or so.

So you think a 570 would hold up until then?

>you could even go for the 570. Looks like they'll only be $170 MSRP and is roughly equivalent to a reference RX480 at 1080p.

Awesome, I'll probably do that.

>The price/gb is even lower than the 1.1TB.
>I really think it's worth it. I wish I had waited and gotten it instead of paying $330 for my 840 Evo 1TB. But my 840 is good enough.

do you mean the 525gb is cheaper or the 1.1tb? Because pcparpicker is showing it like a $0.01/gb difference. Dunno which one I'd rather have then.

VAST majority of games, I should say.
Only games that drop under 60 on it are ones with ultra/max settings that don't perceptively change the visuals, and simply make things run worse for benchmarks.

What? Uh idk maybe the 525 is cheaper now. Usually it's like $145 for the 525gb and $270 for the 1.1TB. That's less $ per GB for the later.

>Which one does Sup Forums recommend
The one that goes on sale for $325. $380 is a ridiculous price.
You can get 2 $190 RX480s in crossfire and outperform it by 30% on average for the same fucking price, that's how bad value it is.

1080Ti price/performance makes some sense. 1080 do when you find them for $420-$460 occasionally. Even at $325, the 1070 hardly makes sense, but doable if power usage is a concern compared to the ~350watts off the crossfire cards.

And I hate to recommend crossfire, but that still makes more sense than $380 for a 1070.

Not him but I don't think SSD's are worth a 1TB investment when the technology is still so rapidly evolving.

>480 for $190

I fucking wish

>future proofing
...Is always a bad idea.
Prices will always drop, and higher end hardware means you pay more for each fps. Plus drives for old cards get shat on, at least by nvidia. Upgrading more often is better.

I have friends who got 1080s for 1080p and it's suffering.

Yeah something does make me feel iffy about it. Does the 525gb see too high, or think I'd be better off going back down to the PNY 240gb SSD + WD 1tb HDD

>tfw got a 1tb 850 EVO for $200 last black friday

Those were launch day benches too. The RX480 CF is way better than that, now. Maybe we'll see a good redux of that after the RX500 series launch.

What do you even want the 1070 for? I don't get the point in that card.
It's not good enough for 144 in very many games that the RX480 or 1060 also doesn't do 144.
It's not good enough for 4k.
The RX480 and especially the upcoming RX580 is good for 1440p 60fps+ on average.
The card seems so pointless unless you just play one specific game and that's the best value to hit 144 minimum on. Which.. I can't think of any. I'm pretty sure the 1060 overclocked does 144 minimum on Overwatch.

Uhh you could get RX480 8GB Sapphire Nitro for $190 last night. Is it gone already?
There's still the ROG Strix for $210.

>...Is always a bad idea.
Tell that to the people that got 7970, 280X, 290X.
Even if you keep reselling a card so you lost less, it still works out similarly and is less hassle.

SSDs have stagnated for like 3 years. NVMe isn't a big progression. You hardly see the speed improvement unless used as a scratch disk like the OP says.

I find 500gb the sweet spot. You just burn through 250gb too fast and it becomes an annoyance swapping from HDD to SSD constantly.

That's an amazing deal, user. Extremely worth it.

I was talking price. SSD's have dropped in price big time and the process is continuing:
extremetech.com/computing/236260-samsung-plants-to-slash-ssd-prices-to-hard-drive-levels-by-2020

Remind me again how you determine if your PSU is enough?

I have pic related from 4 years ago and I'm looking to upgrade some parts of my oldass computer. Anything I should look out for, can this handle something like a 1080?

sounds good. I'll probably grab that Crucial 525 then get a 1tb if I ever need to be any roomier.

I bought this 1TB 840 like 3 years ago and never installed it because I was waiting for Zen.
I did not want to go through the trouble of installing shit and getting my workstation comfy.

And I don't actually care about it all. Having gotten an MX300 instead would have been nice, but I'm still fine with the purchase. I won't notice the slightly slower write speeds. I'm just stupidly patient and was happy with the deal I got at the time.

>Tell that to the people that got 7970, 280X, 290X.
True. Maybe I should have said futureproofing with nvidia.

Gigabyte Xtreme has the best cooling system.

Power draw of all your parts + 10% is a very, very rough guideline (especially when talking about old psus).

Can you play GTAV with antialiasing with 480? No.
Can you do it with 1070? Yes.

>Can you play GTAV with antialiasing with 480?
Yes.

different person. pcpartpicker says my power usage is 299 watts. Is a 550w psu just right or overkill? (it's the seasonic 550w for $49.90 from newegg)

Yeah, sure. With silky smooth 24fps?

The only way to use over 650watts is like with an overclocked 7700k and 2 Fury X.
Everything is so much more power effficient now. You could run a 1800X with the upcoming high end Vega card on that fine.
Yes, it can handle a 1080, too.
It's slightly overkill, but not terribly so.
420-450w would be fine, but 550 gives more room without much drawback. (drawback is lower efficiency at idle power draws)
Just so happens 550 happen to be on sale the most, too. It's popular.

>sounds good. I'll probably grab that Crucial 525 then get a 1tb if I ever need to be any roomier.
The problem with this is reinstalling Windows which is a pain. Which is why I'm sitting on this SSD I bought ages ago because I didn't want to fresh install OS until I got new other hardware. rofl.

>Can you play GTAV with antialiasing with 480? No.
Inject SMAA. Debunked.
The stock 1266MHz gets 82fps on GTA V on high settings. At 1450mhz it should get close to 95fps. SMAA 4x is like.. 0.6ms per frame penalty?

>True. Maybe I should have said futureproofing with nvidia.
Yes, I notice a pattern where so many Nvidia buyers feel the need to upgrade every year or two. For the high end, I think that has more to do with their marketing and them being like Apple buyers. But at the middle end? Nvidia often has planned obsolescence put into those cards. They aren't as uniformly cut down as AMD cards, historically.

What brand should I go with for a B350?

Perhaps - but the real question you need to ask yourself (and thus do research for) is "is this psu capable of delivering what it claims it can?". Now I know seasonic is highly regarded here (I know absolutely nothing about their psus) you should always check, check and check again whether your psu is good.

Also: start reading jonnyguru.

ASRock or Gigabyte.

I mean I guess you can clone the whole drive to switch over. But if I remember before, there were issues when doing something like that going from HDD to SSD? idk.

Yeah. You can run 600watts on those 420w Seasonic fanless PSUs. rofl. Just so long as your ambient temps aren't really high.

When are we confirmed to get Vega news? I'm really itching to upgrade but super uptight about making decisions after I hear about the latest news

>Yeah, sure. With silky smooth 24fps?
No.

Even at 1440p and 4x MSAA, the 480 delivers over 30fps. At 1080p and 4x MSAA it should have no issues with 60fps. Stop being a shill.

>I was talking price. SSD's have dropped in price big time and the process is continuing:

I have feeling it is about to plateau soon. What makes me think that is external SSD's are already extremely low price in dollar for /space value. Space is becoming less of a determiner for price with them than speed is. Speed might fall in price over time but not as quickly. Part of the problem is dumbass consumers are still willing to pay a lot of money for extremely small internal SSD drives because they get giddy when windows loads in 10 seconds.

Is it worth to buy a 1600X if i'm getting a custom cooler for stable 24/7 3.9 OC anyways or am i better off with the 1600 that will hopefully do 3.9 for 24/7 and toss the stock cooler?
Also for 1600(X) + RX580 or Vega, is 550W enough or should i get a 650W PSU? Price difference is almost none.

So i5-7500 / B250M is completely depreciated?
I should instead go with R5 1500X / B350M?

You could just play on High which looks exactly the same instead of
>THE WAY IT WAS MEANT TO RIG BENCHMARKS™

And this is as 1266mhz. Most OC cards hit 1380mhz. XFX GTR is known to hit 1450mhz on the stock cooler at very reasonable voltage.
These RX580 custom OC cards are 1400-1500mhz.
So yeah. The RX580 definitely can play GTAV 1440p on high which hardly looks different.

Trying to make a build that can ultra/max everything is cucking yourself because those settings are not to make the game look better, they're just to rig benchmarks. They rarely perceptively changes how it looks.

>I should instead go with R5 1500X / B350M?
No, you should go with the 1600.

I don't agree but we'll see.

Either R1600 or 7700. i5 is literally dead.

pcpartpicker.com/list/

Finally got last component and set everything up.
Sat in main BIOS screen for an hour now, and the CPU settled on idling at 53-55°C
I figured I fucked up installing the fan, so I opened everything up and removed it to check but nope, everything looked normal, not too little nor too much paste, spread properly. Just to be sure I wiped it all off and applied it again, closed it up, and I'm here staring at the exact same idle temps in BIOS screen.

Now I know this isn't exactly the best case for airflow, but I'm not too happy about 55°C idle. I haven't tinkered with any settings in the BIOS. Am I doomed to just dealwithit?

Eh. Get the 1600 unless you just really don't want to overclock and don't want to spend more for the 1600X either.
The 1500X is better than the 7500 at least. Yes, the i5s are completely depreciated. I'd argue i5s were depreciated 3 years ago, or at the very least when hyperthreaded Pentiums came. But anyway, you get absurdly better value out of overclocking the 1600 to 3.9ghz+ if you can be bothered to.

Don't agree. Cell phones make this shit stay expensive.

>for 1600(X) + RX580 or Vega, is 550W enough
550W is more than enough. Even 450W would probably be enough.
>Is it worth to buy a 1600X if i'm getting a custom cooler for stable 24/7 3.9 OC anyways or am i better off with the 1600 that will hopefully do 3.9 for 24/7 and toss the stock cooler?
Value is subjective. 1600 is more performance/$ just counting the chip price. Were you wanting a different cooler anyway? How much do you value another 50-200mhz OC ceiling?

pcpartpicker.com/list/28jVyf
fuck me

You have to copy the permalink, dummy.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/
Good link dumb ass. Try again.

53c is way, way too hot. Try cranking the voltage down - the boardm ight be over volting.

>shit fan for a fucking 7700k
Good job idiot. You spent 1500 without any research and fucked your first build up. I don't even want to help idiots like you who waste your money and then come asking for help after the fact.

>The problem with this is reinstalling Windows which is a pain. Which is why I'm sitting on this SSD I bought ages ago because I didn't want to fresh install OS until I got new other hardware. rofl.

Oh I meant a 525gb SSD and a 1tb HDD for spillover with things that don't have to be on an ssd. If you have two hard drives, OS only needs to be one, right?

You should have waited for RX500 series. More power efficient. kek.

>I'm not too happy about 55°C idle
Oh. Delidlake.
Yeah. Tons of people are getting 45-55C idles on the 7700k whether it's mITX or not.
You shouldn't have bought delidlake without, you know, expecting you'd probably have to delid it?

It's actually a pretty good fan. L9i? I'm sure it'd have been sufficient with a 1600 or 1600X that's soldered.

I want a different cooler because i read that the stock one is only good for 3.7GHz max, but i should be able to get to 3.9GHz given adequate cooling.
The other reasons are the case, Define R5 with 2x140 intake and 1x140 exhaust, is not the best regarding CPU cooling and it's hot here during summer.

Yeah, I was being very exact when I said "for a fucking 7700k." Dude's a moron.

Seems more like 3.7-3.85 to me. Just depends on your luck at what you can achieve at 1.325v or so, if I'm not mistaken? Using NT-H1, CP7, or another decent thermal paste instead of the stock pad helps considerably.
But to put it simply: when you go with the 1600, you're getting amazing value, but just how amazing relies on luck. Even if you just get 3.7, that's still great value. If you get lucky, it's even more. Want a gauranteed 4.0? Then get the 1600X and a better cooler. At least a C1.

It is a 95W TDP cooler.
It won't handle it well at load, since the 7700k will use over 140W at load in just normal usage, but it shouldn't IDLE that hot.
It needs to be delided and I bet it'd drop to 40C and maybe 80 at load. Still a bit much but eh.
Like that cooler handles the i5-4450 at FULL LOAD at 35C. It should handle the 7700k at idle fine, it's just that it's a fucking delidlake CPU. Shitty IHS, shitty TIM.
That is really something that should have been paired with a 7700 non-k at most, and having to delid it should have been the expectation.

Does the C1 not fit in that case? I guess it wouldn't. 74mm tall.

Think there will be a vision of the scythe big shurikan for am4?

Why are cases with good air flow so ugly?
Gaymer cases with a bunch of LEDs and glass panels are disgusting.

What the fuck are your temps under load?

>Delid lake with that cooler and that case
And you're complaining about temp?

>that mobo
So you're OC'ing beyond 4.5ghz, too?

What the fuck are you expecting? You'll have to delid that fucker and get a premium fan just to keep it in the 20s-30s

>250 nvme SSD
Hope you weren't planning on playing many games on this drive. It's nothing but a OS drive, really.

>overpaying for a 480
>fully modular when you don't know what the fuck you're doing

>but it shouldn't IDLE that hot.
He probably OC'd it and his mini ITX case doesn't help. His wiring is probably a mess, too.

I think this is 3 different people in the past 24 hours on /pcbg/ that have gotten a 7700k that badly needed to be delided, isn't it?

At this point, I want to stop recommending delidlake to even those that insist on it.
Next OP should change it to recommend the 6700k instead.

Nope... they confirmed they aren't making AM4 brackets. But maybe they'll do a new revision that supports it?
That's actually the cooler I originally wanted to get. Had to settle on the C1 instead, but the C1 is really sexy still.

I want to make a r5 1600 build for 1080p gaming. Not sure what motherboard to get tho?
I am scared that it isnt updated for r5 and flashing bios wont work. Since its my first build. pic is my 5year+ old current pc, hp prebuild. Had to switch PSU on it cause it died, 6months ago. Speccy is weird.

Just get a ASRocks b350. They're like 80 bucks total.

The three options i had in mind are 1600 + Stock for value, 1600 + $30-35 cooler for temps and OC and 1600X + good cooler for being a good goy.
Money isn't an issue, it's just that i'm extremely jewish when it comes to spending money while the child in me tells me to go full retard on everything.

The mATX pro4 is only $65 if you leave a review on newegg for it.

If you're going to get a cooler, just get the 1600X. Not like you're going to sell the cooler for the 1600 to someone. Only benefit is not having to wait for a bracket since you have the backup stock cooler to start with.

>The mATX pro4 is only $65 if you leave a review on newegg for it.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157762&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

???

There's literally no point to get 1600X over 1600, right?

Yes. $75 after mail in rebate. Another $10 off if you leave a review
asrock.com/events/usretailer/newegg-AM4-Apr/

Can you literally not read any of the posts in the thread before posting? Not even the last 10 replies?

would this ASRock mobo be better than [this Gigabyte one](newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813145002&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=)?

fuck me for the leddit formatting. jumping between the two

I'm running a 2500k/z68 extreme 3 gen 3 + 1600 MHz ram.
Planning to spend ~ 600 eurosheckels for b350 tomahawk + r 5 1600 + 16 gb 3200 mhz corsair led + nh-15 (for overclocking). Should I pull the trigger ? am I missing something ?

I'm on an i5-2500k with 8gb RAM and I'm looking to upgrade to 16gb. Should I get a DDR4 motherboard for DDR4 RAM if I don't intend to upgrade my CPU anytime soon?

Quick. I need a cheap mITX case with dust filters and good airflow.
Just needs to fix motherboard and CPU. No dGPU.

I don't get the question. Why not get the motherboard later?

I'm too bothered by not just giving a model number and making me have to copy the link to figure it out making too much effort.

Some people are getting Tomahawk's that are lemons. They're good when they work. Sometimes they don't work and have huge problems.
And the NH-D15 is overkill. You can handle 1.4v on the H7 which is 1/3rd the cost, if I'm not mistaken.

>making me have to copy the link to figure it out making too much effort.
download Sup Forums x scrub

>I don't get the question. Why not get the motherboard later?
I'm using DDR3 RAM right now. My current motherboard doesn't accept DDR4. Basically is it worth switching from DDR3 to DDR4 if I'm not using a current gen CPU?

Sup

My current build is fairly shitty. An i5 4460 with a 280x. GPU is pretty silent (is an ASUS DirectCU II TOP) but the stock intel cooler is just dumb. Even playing Dark Souls 1 makes it noisy and hot.

I'm trying to improve that situation. What's a decent budget cooler? I mean like, round 30 bucks.

I don't want to click a link either to see it when I have them all memorized and could have an answer at a glance.

Yes DDR4 can be 2x perf improvement on shittily optimized games like FO4.
2500k is a stutterfest on half the modern games regardless. All 4c/4t are.

Cryorig H7 or Scythe Mugen I guess. Whatever you want. H7 is $35.

youtube.com/watch?v=LE4gibDSMFw

logicalincrements.com

Yeah unfortunately for me, in my country the Cryorig H7 is 93,50€. Which doesn't make much sense because other coolers are similar in price to US. Scythe Mugen is no lower than 50.

Any cooler rated for 120w+ should be a big improvement given the 4460 is a 84w TDP cpu.

I chose the Define R5 for my R5 1600 build which i want to OC.
My question is are 2x140mm intake and 1x140 exhaust enough for daily 24/7 3.9GHz OC or should i add a bottom intake fan?

i currently have an fx 6350

should i upgrade to a ryzen 1600?

please respond

Will the G.SKill Ripjaws V 8GB 2800MHz DDR4 CL 17 be good with Ryzen? It's 2800MHz but CL 17 so I don't know if the latency will cost performance or not, anyone know about this?

pcpartpicker.com/list/82s39W
is 650W psu enough?

yep.

I run 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans in my R4 (as well as the full 10 slots HDD cage) on a 3.9ghz 1700 cooled by the silver arrow and it simply doesn't break a sweat.

You should've gotten the define S instead moron.

Why 480 when you already spent so much on other things?

Yeah, 2 140mm in and 1 140mm out is good.

>is 650W psu enough?
450w is enough.

idk guessing cause it's good performance for the price and all you need for 1080p or 1440p? idk