Old Computer Hardware

Why can't I find anything decently priced on Ebay for used PC components?

It should go without saying that used PC components are cheaper than new components, but the price difference is much more marginal on ebay than I've been led to believe they should be.

Long story short: I want a reasonably cheap used video card, but the savings are hardly worth buying used. I'm using ebay. Am I doing it wrong?

Bump?

Xeons cpus and 290x tri GPU is pretty nicely priced

Last year I got a 660 Ti for 30 bucks shipped. I don't know what the fuck happened.

Don't buy used videocards, they will have one of the following problems

1. Fans sound like a lawnmower even at idle
2. Smells like an ashtray and covered in tar
3. Was used in a mining rig and will die horribly under load/fail within a month

The only way to get a good deal on used hardware on ebay is to buy a complete, fully working, professionally refurbished PC or laptop. Anything else is way too risky or garbage.

Depends on who's desperate
for example, im currently selling my sapphire 4gb rx 460 for 70$ buy it now because im broke as shit
bitch is near new, i used it for like 2 weeks

semi related, how do i sell a shitload of old ram? who buys this stuff, whats it worth?
its ~24gb total of everything from 256mb sticks of ddr to a more modern 4gb ddr3 stick

>professionally refurbished
When should one drain the capacitors?

You sell it by weight for gold recovery.
But because you're broke, you may want to try it yourself.

Can anyone verify this?

If a seller has a trustworthy reputation, is it really that much of a risk to buy a used GPU?

if its a used mid range AMD gpu its almost certainly been mining 24/7

personally ive never had issues like that
every used GPU ive had has worked just fine
of course really old stuff is going to have the problems any old computer part would have, might need new thermal paste, a good cleaning, etc
and ive bough easily a dozen used gpu's, everything from my 280x to a 750ti for my sister, a gt 710, a few older ati things for some old pc's, even a couple old and hot fuckers like a 480, 660ti, etc
no issues other than as i said, needing a good cleaning and new thermal paste

and if something is wrong, you contact the seller, if they tell you to fuck off you contact ebay/paypal

Do you even know what you are talking about ?
Just make sure the seller is OK. bought from ebay and scrap and never had any form of problems

is this way faggots

are you the same guy whos going into every thread that involves a gpu and directing everyone to Sup Forums
dont you have anything better to do?

Sounds like bad luck but of course that can happen. I got a used gf3 ti200, gtx 470 and gtx 760 without all these symptoms but I could be lucky.

I also got a used ati something and that one broke but duh, ati.

Well I have sold two video cards on eBay and both were perfectly functional. Most people are just looking to upgrade.

something I noticed is that there are almost no deals on older cpus on ebay.

For example in my /cunt/, if I look for used i5 6500 I can see some deals, the vendors say they were pulled from OEM machines, don't really care where they got them from as long as I can get one for cheap.

But on ebay I barely see these sort of "deals".

Also, any cheap gpu that shows up, is instantly bought.

there's a lot of people that might need older ram, however you need to sell it really cheap if you wanna sell them.

I'd say you post them on ebay, priced right and they should sell.

i have an xfx r9 390, used for about 6 months after a friend threw a better gpu at me. if you can offer a good price its yours

50 buxxx plus some hummus.

the fucking shipping will probably cost more

ok, 5 bucks + some hummus+ a photo of richard stalledman

You're kind of relying on the idea of that the seller takes care of their shit. How many people have cases with dust filters AND cleans them out regularly AND cleans out the insides with canned air at least? 10%?

100 bucks + shipping?

Zeon E32XXv2
Cheap 1155 mobo
8gb hawaii card