Just bought a new 3GB GTX 1060 for 200$

Just bought a new 3GB GTX 1060 for 200$.

How did I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125905&cm_re=gtx_1060-_-14-125-905-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202275
youtube.com/watch?v=NPUTa8_L8L0
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/65clmn/amds_new_turbo_vsync_coming_soon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you fucked up

6gb

I hope that's Australian dollars, if not you fucked up big time

HowToBasic

Why?

What's with shitposters who make 1 sentence troll replies with no reasoning?

Lol

You could've gotten it cheaper.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125905&cm_re=gtx_1060-_-14-125-905-_-Product

a couple reasons

1. >3gb in 2017
2. buying it first then coming to us to reaffirm his decision instead of doing research and and making a confident buy

Lmao. 200$ for 3Gb version. Shoulda go with 470 4Gb for 170$.

3gb is not enough for some stuff in 1080p
max gta V can use 4gb at times
thats why i went to a 4gb 460 instead of my 3gb 280x, performance wasnt much different framerate wise but the extra gb of ram let me go a bit farther in some games, and it used a load less power

I paid $250 for the 6gb SSC version

lmao @ ur life

$215 for mine 6gb

Lmao

Isn't the 3gb one also a shitter GPU. as in you can give it the extra 3gb of ram and it's still shit.

it was a nice sapphire tri-x one, it could take a hefty oc, and for the 120$ or so i paid for it refurbished it was able to do quite a lot of demanding shit, just with textures on lower settings because of a lack of vram
only problems were that it was a fucking housefire overclocked, that bitch drew its rated 300w, it would regularly hit 90c playing CSGO in a near open silverstone sg11b with a fan pointed at it
ayymd housefires never again, i can do their small fires like the 460 but you will never see me buy whatever the next fury is going to be

Well for 200 you could've gotten an overclocked 8gb rx 470...practically a 480 let's be honest. Or gotten the 4gb version and saved some money.

Or for barely more you could've gotten an actual rx 480 or a 1060 6gb.

The 1060 3gb version is a shit buying decision and you're an idiot. Also you got overcharged...dumbass.

>460

uh oh looks like someone didnt read the guide or do his research

rx470 4gb. 480 if its on offer for the same price. Any lower and you may as well be on integrated graphics till you get the extra $40 for a functional gpu

This is bait.

>3gb
I'm sorry

a 460 is fine for 1080p user, im not playing 2017 AAA games, it was great for gta v, insurgency and csgo
especially that sapphire one, its a really good card for its price
i definitely dont regret buying it but as i need money im selling it

>fucking housefire overclocked, that bitch drew its rated 300w, it would regularly hit 90c playing CSGO
Heh? I'm that guy. Mine struggles to go past 55c.
MSI OC 1060 6gb.
Pic related is my clock and fan curve.
What's your fan curve?
I play CS all the time, never going past 55c most the time.

im not talking about a 1060, im talking about a sapphire 280x

your 1060 is a 120w card, my 280x was 300w
and both are overestimates so people dont cut corners on their PSU, but i tested its power draw from the wall while overclocked, it would hit 290-310w under full load

You did ok for 6 months ago

wait i realized what happened, you were referring to the 3gb 1060 having a weaker chip, not my 3gb 280x
my bad
and that was speculated that the 3gb cards were actually lower binned chips, but that wasnt ever really tested much

This tbhfam

Buys a 3gb video card?
In Anno Domini 2017??
And spends $200 doing it?!?

Hey, OP, next time you feel in the mood to throw away another $200, please let me know. I have a lightly used but really nice toaster I'd like to sell you.

>3gb
>200 burgerbucks

>tfw fell for the nvidia meme

OP wtf

Stop making fun of me!

I'm not good with computer. What the fuck do I need more than 3gb for anyway?
The next best card is 50 USD more expensive. I'm not paying that. 1050 Ti is too shit to do anything.

I'm not buying a buggy AMD card (already have one of those).

get out faggots

i got a 8gb 1070 for $299. why didnt you just save?

Fuck off retard, I'm not a bargain bin hunter looking for the cheapest deals. The cheapest 1070 I can find is 375 dollarydoos on amazon. I'm not spending that.

lmao ur so stupid. /pcbg/ helped me find it for cheap, ur willfully being retarded

couldve bought a 480

I would have waited until the Rx 580 came out and composited it's price to performance to the 1060

>Fuck off retard
>I'm an inpatient retard
Well played

>Sup Forums posters starting spouting VRAM memes despite knowing nothing about computer architecture and systems engineering

You came to the wrong place for a honest assessment. Though in my opinion extra VRAM is not that important if you don't plan to game above 1080p at anytime soon or are not into VR. Suffice to say the 480 is somewhat better price performance wise due to it being slightly cheaper but then driver support matters which Nvidia tends to have an edge over AMD somewhat due to them being better at bribing devs to use their tech. If you really care about future proofing then you don't buy a midrange card obviously as all those morons with 6GB 1060 and 8GB 480 are going to realize real quick that VRAM is not the only component in a GPU that matters in a year or two.

The 1060 3GB (remember this card has fewer cores and has much lower performance than the 6GB version regardless of the VRAM) is terrible value. OP asked if he made a good decision, and was told that he didn't. No need getting buthurt. I hope none of you faggots bought the 1060 3GB for $200 recently either.

I hope you are bait.
I really hope you are bait.

you cant get more normie than this

Performance wise you see a 10% increase in performance for upping to the 6GB 1060 card for an extra 50 bucks so yeah not that much of an improvement even with the extra cores. Considering he could have gotten it below 200 dollars now yeah he might have wasted around 10 to 20 bucks there. The 8Gb 480 and 6gb 1060 and 1060 do have a massive performance difference between 480 4gb and 1060 3gb. But telling someone that x has more y than z is still a powerful marketing tool as this thread indicates. All in all I think he just overpaid for the card a bit.

*meant to say 480 and 1060 with 8 and 6 Gb do NOT have a massive performance difference with their lower VRAM versions. Yes I also know they also do not have just differences in VRAM .

you made a huge mistake

>not getting a 1080ti
>doing good

Nope, I'm legit.

Das rite. rx 470 and 3gb 1060 are at the same price point but the 1060 performs better so that's what I'm getting.

No amount of shilling in this thread will make me cancel my delivery.

Lol i bought a semi high range hd radeon 5870 back in the day. It only managed to keep up for 3 years max.

A midrange card today will last a year or so before hitting below 30 fps in graphics intensives games.

>1060 performs better
You stupid baiting piece of shit. The 3GB 1060 has less cores than the 6GB 1060, get fucked.
I hate it, because people who don't know shit will assume the 3GB 1060 will perform just as well as the 6GB 1060.

I looked up the difference, the 6gb 1060 has about 7% more CUDA cores than the 3gb, that's it.

It translates into a marginal FPS difference so get rekt.

Damn, cucked VRAM AND cuda core count? I would have just gotten a 4GB 480 instead. At least there it's still the exact same chip as the 8GB version.

UK price is £184. Fuck this Earth.

that's the price of brexit I guess, imports are more expensive with a cheaper pound.

you did really, really bad.

Get on my level.

The PC.

I like mine. Gigabyte 6gb version with dual fans. The fans are ridiculously silent when gaming. My old card was an evga 960 and that thing got decently loud.

Fucking awful. Not a 480, and 3GB in 2017 what the fuck are you thinking? Return that shit and get a 6GB 1060, or a 4/8GB 480 you fucking drone. They should all be found in some form at around $200.

Return that turd.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202275

Complete dipshit. Enjoy your awful meme card.

You can get a 480 4Gb for $140 on Jet.

>not getting the 480

nvidia loves their uninformed buyers

will you fuck my ass please sir?

anything but nvidia is a mistake since the advent of fast sync

horrible

return it

dude if you want to compare dicks, I've got a ruler and a camera

post ur rig boi

You fell for the 3GB meme

You fucked up hard.

Here's a video about people akin to OP and they are influencing the industry.
youtube.com/watch?v=NPUTa8_L8L0

I got a 1070 back in November for $365.

why not the 6gb? it's not a very new card at least try to make it a little bit more future proof

t. buying the 6gb soon

Dude, what? An 8gb SAPPHIRE 480x is $189 on newegg right now. Youre nuts. 1060 sucks

They had a sale for a mini gtx 1060 3gb for like $154 a couple days ago.

you dun' goofed

AMD has their own fast sync coming very soon.

Shit. 3 GB is the shittiest card unless you got one for 100 € instead of buying some miti-itx card.
>Founders Edition
>Not waiting for the superior FTW3

I bet it'll be better than NVIDIA one, just like everything in past year.

source?

AMD has been on top of the drivers' game for some time now. Nvidia is the one having constant QA problems with their drivers.

What? AMD hasn't released a single high-end GPU in the past year.

Yet their drivers and midrange cards are superb. Not competing in certain market segments is pretty irrelevant.

Everything above the 1070 should be bought from Nvidia. Everything under the 1070 should be bought from AMD/RTG.

It may change with Vega, but it will be hard to beat a $450 GTX 1080 or a $600 1080 Ti, when both are on sale.

This. Nvidia can't compete in the low end sector, their products are just overpriced.
Yes but for people like me buying AMD isn't an option. I wish they would deliver something that doesn't cost too much and deliver sweet FPS in 2160p.

Maybe Vega will be bretty good. AMD/ATI already wrecked NVIDIA several times. Time will tell.

I hope your trips speak the truth.

The thing is AMD is starved for money. Now that Ryzen is fucking Intel's X99 and i5 shit up, then maybe Navi will be better. But Vega.. Development on that started AMD was at their lowest. They don't have even half of the engineers Nvidia has. It's a lost cause, unless they seriously innovate and bring something extremely new to the table. Judging by their marketing material for Vega they're trying to, but how much of that is actually true?

We'll find out in June.

Zen was started back in 2012 and look what we've got. AMD always managed to produce good stuff on lower R&D budget. Like, compare IA64 and x86-64.

Pretty good I guess. Certainly faster than what 90% of people have according to steam anyway. Should be good for running the latest games at high settings. As long as you don't go overboard with the texture settings or the Skyrim HQ 4k boobs mod packs you're good to go for the next few years.

True. But that was when developing for the industry didn't cost hundreds of millions. Now, especially on smaller nodes, the cost of development increases exponentially.

That's why no one's entering (and probably never will) into the PC semiconductor business. I was hoping Samsung or Qualcomm would bring out some sort of GPU, but it ain't happening.

you made a mistake

you could have a 980ti for 100 dollars more

I still have hopes for Vega. The first major GCN redesign is at least interesting and it may or may not perform well in games.

I will probably end up buying one if they're priced reasonably myself, together with a decent 4K freesync monitor to go with it. I'll be able to enjoy adaptive sync at 4K for the price of a 1080 Ti.

Basically this

All these underage console refugees are worried about getting the top tenth percentile out of their 1080p performance tier card. Like top FUCKING kek go buy a 290 or 280x off of eBay and stop trying to pretend you have something special

100 euros for a gtx 1060? What the fuck are you smoking you dumb useless fuck?

Stop coming up with absolution horseshit. Cheapest 3gb 1060 is 190 euros.

Thats what I wanted to say, no insults needed. A 1060 3G for 200 €is absolutely overpriced. You could have gotten a MSI 480 8 GB for 219 € a few months ago. Just buy AMD or a 1070 if you need Nvidia / performance.

>2017
>3 GB
okay...

I bought the 1060 3gb because it's the only card compatible with my PSU (which only has two 6 pin connectors). All the other cards require 8 pin connectors.

If the 470 or 480 were compatible with 6 pin connectors I could have gotten them but I want to play nier automata on PC and those cards have issues with that game.

>3GB

I thought you made a typo but Nvidia fucking sells a 250 USD current generation graphics card with only 3 fucking Gigabytes of RAM?

Classical novideo.

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/65clmn/amds_new_turbo_vsync_coming_soon/