If Android is Linux, why can't I run Android applications on a normal desktop Linux install?

If Android is Linux, why can't I run Android applications on a normal desktop Linux install?

Other urls found in this thread:

anbox.io/
twitter.com/pierinagardelli
instagram.com/raisasantostgata/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android-x86
android-x86.org/
dangerstransbonecas.blogspot.com/2017/04/travesti-raisa-santos-sendo-passiva.html
twitter.com/Pierinagardelli/status/838184805523140609
twitter.com/Pierinagardelli/status/757569768161415169
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Linux > android NDK > AOT
GNU/Linux > GNU > QT/GTK

It can, you just need shell access.

For once posting this is not ironic, but it has to do with your Linux desktop is Linux kernel with the GNU userland running on top of it, while on Android it's Linux kernel with a JVM running on top of it

You can, and I'm not talking about that Remix OS shit. There's something like Flatpaks/Snaps specifically for Android apps. Google it.

nice tits

anbox.io/

>Elephants are gray
>therefore everything gray is an elephant

Nice everything. She's like a 9.5 out of 10.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>GNU
>Qt
hmm
you can. just install google's java and surfaceflinger

Pretty much . There was some project to enable launching Android JVM and shit on GNU/Linux distro, but I couldn't get it to work personally.

She's a 7
twitter.com/pierinagardelli

I rate 7.8

Make-up-slut/10
Nice tits though, probably fake considering her attitude.

I thought the reason was that android apps are ARMx7 only

Anbox.

Wrong. In this case they've replaced everything from the Linux kernel up with their own userland which runs on top of their own JVM. So in this case you could say it's like JVM/Linux or something like that. I dont even think they link the JVM with GNU's libc, I think they use an embedded C library.

You'd have to install their userland alongside the regular GNU userland. There's some ebuilds for that stuff in portage but they are hardmasked. I think there is a androd distro compiled to run on x86 though.

Who is the semen demon?

Android apps are mostly Dalvik/ART bytecode, compiled AOT during install for the most part.

If OS X is BSD, why can't I run all the OS X shitware on a normal OpenBSD install?

>google's java

YOU MEAN A JAVA VM

SO ANDROID IS A JAVA VM AND ANDROID APPS ARE JAVA APPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>twitter.com/pierinagardelli

IT'S NOT HER, IT'S A SHEMALE.

instagram.com/raisasantostgata/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)
On top of the Linux kernel, there are the middleware, libraries and APIs written in C, and application software running on an application framework which includes Java-compatible libraries.
Android used Dalvik as a process virtual machine with trace-based just-in-time (JIT) compilation to run Dalvik "dex-code" (Dalvik Executable), which is usually translated from the Java bytecode.
Android's standard C library, Bionic, was developed by Google specifically for Android, as a derivation of the BSD's standard C library code. Bionic itself has been designed with several major features specific to the Linux kernel. The main benefits of using Bionic instead of the GNU C Library (glibc) or uClibc are its smaller runtime footprint, and optimization for low-frequency CPUs
Android does not have a native X Window System by default, nor does it support the full set of standard GNU libraries. This made it difficult to port existing Linux applications or libraries to Android

Android-x86 is a version of Android
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android-x86
is an unofficial initiative to port Google's Android mobile operating system to run on devices powered by AMD and Intel x86 processors, rather than RISC-based ARM chips.

>IT'S A SHEMALE.

Proofs? I can`t speak hue.

Even better then

>google's java
>JAVA VM
you mean dalvik?

I speak, and there is no proof. Also she doesn't even look like OP's girl

android-x86.org/

Neither look like shemales, but I`m not really an expert

That instagram ho looks like some botched plastic surgery though.

Nah, that's just bunda for you. Plastic butts are very round

I mean the face.

Unironically this. Android is the the Linux Kernel + whatever google shit, "Linux" is Linux kernel + whatever gahnoo shit ( depending on distros, there are distro which use absolutely no gnu shit as far as I know)

>Proofs

dangerstransbonecas.blogspot.com/2017/04/travesti-raisa-santos-sendo-passiva.html

t-gata is an expression that brazilian shemale prostitutes use. It's not the same girl from though

It's obviously the girl from See twitter.com/Pierinagardelli/status/838184805523140609

OP girl is white and only resembles

>resembles
twitter.com/Pierinagardelli/status/757569768161415169

I'll run whatever OS she prefers.

That's the kind of autism I like

>everyone abandoned the thread to fap to the slut's twitter.

Android's more like a superset of Linux. If you compile a program for ARM Linux, and statically link it, it will run on Android. By comparison, if you take an .apk, Desktop Linux won't know how to open it, and even if you made a program to be able to open it, you'd need to have all of Android's user space libraries.

In theory, you could make a program that behaves a little like Wine, and creates a compatibility layer for Android applications on Desktop Linux. In practice... it might not be as effective due to the number of Android applications which include native ARM code.