C is aesthetic

C is aesthetic.
What other programming languages are aesthetic, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/google/lisp-koans/blob/master/koans/hash-tables.lsp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

C++

Rust maybe? Or verilog...

(((LISP)))

TI-BASIC

(((No)(,)(it)( )(is)( )(not)(.)))

Have you got your (((head)))ers shoved up your own arse, m8?
Kevin, it's time to go to bed anyway.

github.com/google/lisp-koans/blob/master/koans/hash-tables.lsp

don't unterstand your problem

Pascal

go is pretty aesthetic tbqhwyf

Python t b h

()

Z80 assembly

>go
Dunno famalam.

Shouldn't you do the same thing in C? like checking wether malloc failed?

Sure, but in C, I have a single return value. Tuples don't exist.
In go, tuples also don't exist. However, you can always return tuples. So it almost works out, but really, it doesn't. Unless I need to (((go func myself))), I'll pick C over go erryday tbqh, Senpai.

didn't say anything about how good the language is, just think it's a really good looking language

Blame the programmers, not the language.
Inexperienced C++ code is worse than inexperienced C code, but that doesn't mean C++ is a bad language.
When C++ is treated as C with classes, its a much better language than C, especially when you are programming GUI applications.

>like checking wether malloc failed?
I like living life on the edge

Elixir

Most functional languages desu

>elixir

you like elixir, you rly wanna be neet till the end of your life?

This.

Programming should be done for fun, not for a living. Programming jobs are shit.

I see loads of opinions, but no screenies or links to aesthetic code.

bjarne isn't it your bedtime you ancient motherfucker

what font, C-mate ?

>Common lisp has the menorah as it's logo
>Also happens to rely on ((( ))) all over its code

Meme magic is real.

What text editor are you using

Rust is easily the least aesthetic language I've ever seen.
Even ASM looks better.

>(assert-equal values '((0 0 1) (0 1 0) (1 0 0)))))
This is hilariously comfy to me

Rust-kiddie triggered.

Also, no counterargument found.

This. C is ugly shit

dis

even d looks better

Why don't you just say Java and call it a thread?

Heathen.

Java

I don't
I wish my work would let me code in Elixir but alas

FORTH

ASM is legitimately aesthetic though

C#

Implying I even give a shit about rust.

What does (void) envp; do? You've already defined envp as a double pointer to char.

Lisp is love

>768p
>likes C#
Explains a lot.

gets rid of the compiler warning

It's just an ugly way of making sure the compiler will yell at you for accessing it. As the comment states, it's not going to be used anyway. C is loadsa hax.

Also, why the fuck does CompareHash return an integer ? What in the fuck?

coz i forgot to change it to bool. aight?

solarized niggers fuck off

Fuck off black-edgelord.

Change it ? Why'd it be an integer in the first place?

I already did, and because i was being stupid and thought oh yea this could use more states!

> ServiceProvider
C# is disgusting. All you need is one function called sha256.

>like checking whether malloc failed
Pretty sure even Rust doesn't check for that, or if it does it just panics. There really isn't anything you can do to recover from it.

You could achieve a similar effect in C by returning structs through. Although it would probably be easier to do in C with templates.
#include "ErrorCode.h"

template
struct Result {
T value;
ErrorCode error;
};

And some C functions return their value via an _out_ pointer, instead using the return value for a status/error indicator. Not to mention errno being used as a global variable.

Yeah as long as it's not AT&T syntax.

Then why is envp even included? Can't you just use int main(int argc, char **argv);

There are ways. Especially if you have caches in the same process. However, Rust doesn't provide a safe way of backtracking to arbitrary points in the stack like you can in C. Because memory is managed by scopes, and backracking in such a way would be a mindfuck for the borrow checker.

Insanity is a e s t h e t i c.

Yee, but this doesn't really work if still need to do an if statement on your own. The template would not force the pleb brogrammer to actually check if there was an error, now would it?

>Yee, but this doesn't really work if still need to do an if statement on your own. The template would not force the pleb brogrammer to actually check if there was an error, now would it?
It depends on how the ErrorCode type is implemented. It could be a simple integer that would have to be checked by the calling code, as in the Go example. Or it could be implemented as a class type with special error-handling code hooked into the overloaded assignment operator, but that would require extra work, since handling an error often requires knowing not only the TYPE of the error, but also the CAUSE.

What does overloading the assignment imply ? Throwing an exception upon assignment ?
Tagged unions would be so much nicer here. But I see your point.

That's not valid code.

(No
(not (is it))
)
[/code}

Please god dont do this.

>in C
>with templates
I don't understand at all.

Doesn't C/C++ already have these?

The idea being that when the callee sets the ErrorCode, some function is automatically called (by the ErrorCode class) to handle the error based on the ErrorCode, rather than relying on the caller to check the error and take appropriate action.

???

What do you mean?

Lol I recognize that text editor and color scheme. You're the autistic ricer in that other thread who didn't know how to start dhcpcd.

Thus, moving the error handling code as far away from the call site ? Shiggy diggy.

SML is aesthetic

this

wtf is the other guy smoking

Again, my suggested implementation would be to have ErrorCode just be a typedef for int, which is checked and handled by the caller as soon as the function returns.

Objective C > C > C++ for GUI applications
Yes object orientation is nice, and that is exactly what API's like GTK+ and EFL try to do: provide some kind of object orientation in C. The results are quite elegant.
Still, Objective C (Apple's Cocoa, or GNUStep) is much better for GUI applications, as you don't have to use a bloated language like C++

If people seriously thought this then we'd have literally nothing today

Maybe you should move out of shitty webdev jobs and learn a real lang rather than slapping some JS monstrosity together and calling it a "native app".

What about Win32? I know it's kind of a joke because of Hungarian notation and the excessive number of parameters needed to register a window class, but it seems much "cleaner" than other C GUI APIs, like the object-orientation features feel much less like a hack.

JS can look pretty nice when you use contemporary syntax. Arrow functions, object deconstruction and the object spread operator all go a long way in making it really easy to read.

black and white colorscheme is patrician.

fuck all this fischer price crayon colorschemes

agreed

No lang love age is aesthetic when viewed through that ugly incomplete colorscheme

Properly formatted assembly

hehe good meme, Go fags can fuck themselves

python for scripting. i didn't want to like it but i definitely see why it's popular now

The menorah is the logo of only one CL implementation.

I unironically see zero problem with this.

QuickBASIC 4.5

Clojure

>John McCarthy (September 4, 1927 – October 24, 2011) was an American computer scientist and cognitive scientist. McCarthy was one of the founders of the discipline of artificial intelligence.[1] He coined the term "artificial intelligence" (AI), developed the Lisp programming language family, significantly influenced the design of the ALGOL programming language, popularized timesharing, and was very influential in the early development of AI.

>John McCarthy was born in Boston, Massachusetts on September 4, 1927 to an Irish immigrant father and a Lithuanian Jewish immigrant mother, John Patrick and Ida Glatt McCarthy.

>Raised as a Communist, he became a conservative Republican after experiencing the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968

Meme magic is too powerful.

Not him but, why do you keep posing this picture?

I seriously don't understand why people try to act superior to web dev. The shit is literally no different, in fact native applications are EASIER to develop than web apps now with the huge fucking glut of hand holdy frameworks. The majority of retards doing native app programming are just implementing the exact same logic as a web app.

Programming isn't hard, just keep a reference book for the task you're doing nearby and you can basically roll out anything once you understand basic concepts and some baby's first data science shit.

You have good taste

Ruby

>aesthetic
>solarized
so close

>C is aesthetic

You haven't even seen Lisp's true power yet.

Prepare your anus for the decentralized AI onslaught within the next few years.

nock
?[a b] 0
?a 1
+[a b] +[a b]
+a 1 + a
=[a a] 0
=[a b] 1
=a =a

/[1 a] a
/[2 a b] a
/[3 a b] b
/[(a + a) b] /[2 /[a b]]
/[(a + a + 1) b] /[3 /[a b]]
/a /a

*[a [b c] d] [*[a b c] *[a d]]

*[a 0 b] /[b a]
*[a 1 b] b
*[a 2 b c] *[*[a b] *[a c]]
*[a 3 b] ?*[a b]
*[a 4 b] +*[a b]
*[a 5 b] =*[a b]

*[a 6 b c d] *[a 2 [0 1] 2 [1 c d] [1 0]
2 [1 2 3] [1 0] 4 4 b]
*[a 7 b c] *[a 2 b 1 c]
*[a 8 b c] *[a 7 [[7 [0 1] b] 0 1] c]
*[a 9 b c] *[a 7 c 2 [0 1] 0 b]
*[a 10 [b c] d] *[a 8 c 7 [0 3] d]
*[a 10 b c] *[a c]

*a *a

>GTK+ ... elegant.

It's funny that you say that. My go to example of inelegant code is all of the sigc callback crap they use instead of just switching to g++ and using a lambda function.

>fucking glut of hand holdy frameworks
Wat? Web development is the only place I encounter that, like rails and shit.

Web development is much more likely to mean "tinkering with CSS for years until it's pretty" and not "writing graph algorithms". It's a generalization, sure, but it's justified.

Haskell

Cannot come up with a good aesthetic language but i know for sure that node js has the worse aesthetic i have ever seen.

>What is staying ahead of the curve.

Elixir will get a huge chunk of web/app backends in the next few years. The earlier you jump on the bandwagon the better.

It's light years ahead of the competition. (php,python,node etc)

A E S T H E T I C

You are like a little babby watch this
*executes code in out of bounds memory location*
*dumps memory contents to standard out*
*prints garbage because missing null terminator*

Ada is very aesthetic

Hi Rob Pike. Didn't know you were on 4chin.

dash (shell).

MMIX is desu
LOC #100 ; Set the address of the program
; initially to 0x100.

Main GETA $255,string ; Put the address of the string
; into register 255.

TRAP 0,Fputs,StdOut ; Write the string pointed to
; by register 255 to the standard output file.

TRAP 0,Halt,0 ; End process.

string BYTE "Hello, world!",#a,0 ; String to be printed.
; #a is newline, 0 terminates the string.