Tfw Linux destroys your life

>tfw Linux destroys your life

has Linux destroyed YOUR life, Sup Forums? tell us about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE
youtube.com/watch?v=LqH6fiaCSqY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First you need to have life to destroy it.
And yet are you asking gfags about this

I was a freetard in high school. I lost all my friends because A) I had green bubbles B) I wouldn't play video games with them C) they said I was worse than a vegan proselytizing all the time.

I spend way too much time looking at distros. I must have downloaded and tested more than 20. Maybe 25 or so.

I think I'm just going to stay with Ubuntu or Mint because I have shit to do.

not really. i honestly forget people even use windows. computers are not a very big part of my social life anymore.

No. I'm not stupid enough to install Linux.

I love time-sink OSes.

It was the opposite. Linux gave me new life.

blogboy

No, I wasn't stupid enough to install it outside of a VM, just to feel accepted by a bunch of autistic millennials.

When I was a kid I would program with a Commodore 64, it helped me get it out of my system early.

Yes, GNU/Linux (as it is properly called) has indeed destroyed my life. I used to be a 100% pure, apex predator alpha male who would get all the girls (they wanted the dick so bad I had to pry them off me with a stick). Now, I am a 400 lb basement dweller who spends all day ricing out Arch on my thinkpad t60, and participating in sreenfetch threads on a Turkmenistanian farting choir enthusiasts' forum and jacks off to dudes with bolt on tits in thigh highs.

haha thanks for the laffs

kek

The Linux operating system is properly referred to as "the Linux operating system or just "Linux."

Incorrect. The correct term is GNU OS with Linus Unix Kernel.

Linux destroyed my life by giving me a regular income, so I haven't killed myself yet.

Nah it's actually the reason I'm employed. Part of my job is configuring Linux boxes for NASA test systems

yes siree, it has.

Yes. Now everyone asks me for help for their retarded computer problems.

I didn't have a life before Linux and I don't have one after so no.

It is linux

ugh uhbuntwo what a hassle

I use windows 8.1 on my main computer and I just got started with Ubuntu because I brought an Orange Pi on chinkbay to dick around with.

Things were a lot simpler before I didn't have to worry about botnet. It just never ends. If my bowser doesn't spy on me, the website I go to do. If the websites don't, my OS does. If my OS doesn't, my CPU does. If my CPU doesn't, my BIOS does. If my BIOS doesn't, my motherboard does. This shit isn't cheap either. Is it really worth potentially bricking my CPU just to feel a little safer? I don't know. Why can't I just be bluepilled?

> discover Linux at age 13
> experiment with Slackware
> 20 years later
> now make $110k / yr

Totally ruined my life, halp!

What was the timeline like on that?

I fuck around with Linux a lot and I can't fucking stand University.

it got me a fucking job. going to work is annoying. no time to play video games anymore and i can't go to partys like i did before because i have to show up at work on mondays. sucks.

Can't destroy what I never had.

>mfw when I see my ex with Gent 2.

Anyone know what happened to Ubuntu girl? Has she managed to finish college?

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI

> he doesn't drink at work

lol get on my level, pleb.

>Has she managed to finish college?
i don't think she had enough braincells to even spell her own name right, so i don't think so.

>my dope fiend mother could use ubuntu 9.xx when i configured it like she could use vista with preinstalled drivers.

i am against gnulag software in the """""""current year"""""" but this bait is shit.

>Xorg -configure
>wow that one command that instantly finishes wasted so much of my time

You think she's stripping in some club? Wish I knew where she was... she's qt.

I went to linux to stop playing games, now linux destroyed my productivity, fuck linux!
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE

I basically forced my parents to adopt Ubuntu as of July 2016. So far exactly zero computer-related phone conversations which used to be a common occurrence.

>tfw not even baiting. this happened. it's happening. and now I don't have much to talk to my parents about :L

Can no longer bullshit with Dad -- "Well, idk what she did this time but if you could take a peek user. Preesh."

is this the new marxist meme?

Nope, I haven't spent a shit load of time (I think), and I have a job where this stuff is actually somewhat applicable. It's that using my at home desktop actually increases skill that help me make money. And no, I'm not into ricing at all although I might do some minor stuff in the future.

I remember this bitch

I've been a Windows fag since Windows was an alpha floating around on local BBS's. Only two weeks ago did I decide to dive into Linux. I used VMware Workstation and installed over a half-dozen distros. I started with babby's first - Linux Mint Cinnamon. Honestly, it felt too much like Windows. The whole reason I am looking to abandon Windows is because I no longer trust or respect a software that installs an entire suite of programs in essentially one click. So, I tried babby's second - Ubuntu. Nope. So then Manjaro, Debian, and Gecko. Better. Then I tried installing Arch Linux. I really enjoyed the process. Building it felt like what I was looking for in an OS. I'm still messing with it but I think Arch is the distro I am sticking with until I develop a firmer grasp of Linux. Down the road a ways, I think I am headed for Gentoo because that kernal building process is what I was looking to do. For now, Arch has satisfied that curiosity for me.

So, yes, Linux has destroyed just about every last free minute of my time for the last two weeks. But I enjoyed it and I have to say that I am excited about Arch.

(you) for the the diary post you severe autist, holy shit.. youtube.com/watch?v=LqH6fiaCSqY

No no no... You got it all wrong, mate.
It's GNU/Linux/SystemD

Hah,it's GNU/LINUX/SYSTEMD/GNOME/UBUNTU/NVIDIA/X

Not really, allowed me to push my 9-year old laptop to new speeds and I can work everywhere thanks to it.