You can't video edit on linu-

You can't video edit on linu-

You can't edit video well or easily on Linux

Man I love blender for video editing, use it for that on windows as well.

Yes you can. Both Openshot and Kdenlive are great. I'm not sure why OP is unironically using Blender for video editing like a retard.

Is it comparable to sony vegas and other professional video editing software?

I use Kdenlive

>Both Openshot and Kdenlive are great

If you're unemployed in the industry and your need for editing is a low rent youtube channel, maybe.

Video editing is unreliable as fuck in Linux.They keep crashing randomly.
Tried Sony Vegas, Camtasia Studio and Premiere Pro, and they all worked with no problems in Windows.

Of course, that was 2 years ago. No idea if the situation got any better in Linux

linux is usab-

Can linux cucks even compete?

all adobe software crash all the time.

0:07-0:10 is pathetic.

Kdenlive isn't nearly as flexible for video editing as Blender.
Blender is basically Adobe Premiere or old Final Cut Pro but with a retarded interface.

Easily? Not really. But you can do it really well if you would like.

>Blender is basically Adobe Premiere or old Final Cut Pro but with a retarded interface.

I have the same thoughts with Gimp, being a good Photoshop replacement, but with a retarded interface

There's lightworks and davinci resolve too for linux.

I literally do that shit in vapoursynth+ffmpeg.

If you do video editing for a living you would use whatever the company provides you with. This should be a given. If you ever had a real job you would know that.

>blender
pitiful

-x.

did blender get good for video editing? I know that it was doable but not good a year or so back.

Is there a GNU Video Editor that's actually miles better than the shitty adobe alternative, like GIMP/Photoshop?

gentoo has overlays for shotcut nigger what are you doing

I was surprised to find out that Blender even had a video editor built-in.

Is Blender becoming the new Emacs?

It has gotten much better. My only issue with it now is you can't easily edit clips with different framerates together. It is possible, but is a little hassle. Also, the title/text tool is cery basic and rendering text out instead in open gl is a hassle.

>GIMP
>having worse UI than Photoshop
Lel

There's no free release of Resolve for Linux. It must be bought.

Literally windows moviemaker tier. Just lmao, you could do this in imagemagic.

Gimp's workflow is worse than Photoshop's. Gimp turns layer based editing up to 11 completely halting any speed advantage of object based editing.
I still think that Fireworks' object based editing for both raster and vector work is the best out there.

How's Cinelerra? It looks the most professional out of all FOSS video editors imo.

I'm not a "youtuber", so my editing needs are probably rather modest, but I've been using vapoursynth for quite some time now.

>Sony Vegas
>working with no problems
I think you're lying user.