Why does the new version of Media Player Classic have such an ugly UI with double the size and "modern" audio icon...

Why does the new version of Media Player Classic have such an ugly UI with double the size and "modern" audio icon? It looks like a childrens toy made for people with parkinsons. Why the fuck did they change it from the way it has looked for decades? The whole point of Media Player Classic was to recreate the exact feel of the old Windows Media Player. Changing the way it looks defeats the entire point of using the software. I'm so angry and there is no way to change it.

Other urls found in this thread:

trac.mpc-hc.org/wiki/Toolbar_images
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Use MPV idiot

dont mpv is SHIT

Name a better media player on Linux. VLC is slow as shit compared to it.

mpc on wine

I have doubts. MPV is fast and fresh and never fucks up

Who gives a fuck?
Use shortcut keys, what retard uses the UI buttons?
Or does you keyboard lack those?

I reverted immediately when I saw those buttons too, lmao

How about no. Not only did it manage to mess up the colors it also failed to load subtitles. MPV is currently the best player on Linux.

>Not only did it manage to mess up the colors it also failed to load subtitles.
Because you didn't configure it properly, retard.

Shouldn't players do this by default? Also UI is laggy and broken in wine, but that is to be expected. MPV just werks™.

Because most people have stopped using 800×600 monitors.

Does anyone know why I might be getting screen tearing with mpc hc? It didn't happen on my 970 but does happen on my 1080ti, I've tried turning v-sync on and off and on to the fast setting, on fast it is far less tearing but it still happens every so often.

I don't use mpv on Windows because it doesn't have an installer or file associations.

For some reason doing things manually on Windows just feels dirty.

>I can't be bothered / don't know how to change the settings

Why the fuck are you running Linux

trac.mpc-hc.org/wiki/Toolbar_images
go to help -> Download Toolbar images

VLC FTW!

View - Options - Advanced - DefaultToolbarSize - 16

Your welcome.

There is a third party one on github

> I'm so angry and there is no way to change it.
File>Options>advanced> uselegacytoolbar true
For a technology board you guys are pretty retarded

Not to mention that you can make your own toolbar too, just change toolbar.bmp and paint it pink with yellow dicks if you want to

Apart from servers and vim I rarely configure anything on Linux. Everything just works as it should. I don't see a point in learning to learn another piece of software when what I currently have works well for me. The reason I like MPV is that it just gets out of my way and plays videos smoothly.

Funny thing that Windows users still think that Linux requires constant editing of .conf files and reading tons of documentation. It's actually more user friendly than Windows. It just works as it should plus as a added bonus it doesn't send data back to Microsoft, displays ads in start menu and requires 12h to install updates.

Mine is just fine.

those "small" icons take up just as much space as those in the op

What codecs are good for MPC? I've always used CCCP but not sure if the best.

No idea. This is what latest build looks like on my computer.

Yep, but it patternize the size, look how weird it looks in both the OP's image.

MPC-HC comes with it's own codecs as well as the LAV filters and it'll use whatever is part of the OS meaning it can basically play anything "out of the box."

As for why the button icons are twice the size, think about it: people have extremely high resolution displays nowadays and if you're running something with a ridiculously high resolution that shit is going to be pretty small even with scaling enabled so, bumping up the button icon sizes helps make it easy to make note of.

MPC-HC supports themes, so if that's much of a fucking hassle for you, OP, either quit your fucking whining and do something about it by making your own theme or shut the fuck up and use something else.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all