/br/ - Buyer's Remorse General

Dunno if this is even a general or ever has been and if not can we make it a thing?

Anyway... post your regrettable purchases.

>bravia w8 55'
>€1050 w/shit soundbar bought in 2015
>shitty opera ui
>insane clouding/lightbleed after only 2 years
>broken left speaker

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/DELL-Latitude-E7250-12-5-In-Intel-Core-I7-5600U-CPU-2-60-GHz-Black-Ultrabook-/332180805493
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bought an rx480 on pcbg pajeets' assurances that "It'll totally max 1080p at 60fps on everything, bro!" It doesn't come close and I should have listened to my head and bought a 1070. It's now on ebay.

These fucks are now even recommending the 4/570 the same way.

I rarely have buyers remorse on tech, as a cheapskate i research all my purchases.

...Apart from this one because I fell for the meme.

What games are you not hitting 60 fps on?

i bought some $40 logitech "gamer" pad thing with a bunch of customizable buttons, i already have a mouse with a bunch of buttons i use in general purpose for every program so i thought it'd be cool

i also bought two raspberry pis

I got a smaller Bravia and I'm pretty happy with it.
Don't have it connected to the internet though.

ref 980 on release. should have just gotten a sapphire 290x, granted the 980 has been flawless but it doesn't have near the same life length as the 290x

It hits fps but its not stable. Fluctuates from 30 to 60 regularly in AAA shit

According to reviews it does exactly what pcbg said.

could it be down to your shit tier setup perhaps?

fell for the same meme here and the bonus 4gb for 1080p meme. can't afford to upgrade for a while. thanks Sup Forums.

The G13? The one with the shitty thumbstick? Yeah had one of those too. Changing walking direction reliably in fps was a nightmare coz of that stick. Theres just no true substitute for WASD.

Huge fps dips often point to CPU bottleneck

i get over 60fps on everything at 2560x1440 highest display settings with the 4gb card

clearly you're retarded

>hurr durr i'm running the game supersampled to 4k and it doesn't not perform good
retard

No you don't, mate. Glad we could clear that up.

Thinkpad X220 that I ended up returning, holy fuck it sucked dick. Along with a few other items.

I usually heavily research my things, but when I was younger I fell for the gaymer mouse memes. What a load of overpriced bullshit they were. Fell apart.

>buys sony
kek
that's your problem

Got it in 2007, broke in 2011. Fuck this thing so much.

bought xps 13
while its a good laptop i should just have bought a t450 or some other thinkpad

this desu but I never had a problem with the browser. Im happy with my 42" bravia i got for like 400 bucks

gpdwin.

I kinda wish I saved up an extra month to get a 480 instead of a 470. Not because I need it, but because 480 is a much prettier number.

>rMBP
ok machine but a fucking waste of $3000. Maybe worth half that. Had hardware problems after just over a year and had to replace half the insides because lol we're apple and we glue everything together. Never again.

>Asus 290 GPU
shit cooler, shit fans, shit overclocker, just shit. Never buying an asus GPU ever again.

>windows phone
self explanatory, now have an S7

I bought a 500 GB Samsung 850 Evo M.2 ($125) for my OS and some shit, a 750 GB Crucial MX300 ($100), a 1 TB WD Caviar Blue ($45) and a 2TB Seagate Barracuda ($65). I don't even save that much shit and my younger brother's games only take up like 500 GB in total. I feel stupid just having that much storage although I use the WD for a back up utility instead of general file storage since I don't do daily back ups to an external drive.

Bought a 21.5" monitor instead of a 23.4, it is only for gaming on but I could have spent the extra €55 for a slightly bigger screen. I don't know if I jewed myself.

>RX480 4GB Armor
Sidegrade from a 970, same performance, more heat, more noise, issues with Cemu, issues with multi-monitor and high memory clocks, issues with FIFA17. Piece of shit, sold it on ebay and kept the meme card.

>EVGA 650P2
DOA, can't return it.

>G.Skill 780R RGB Keyboard
Several issues with the software (dogshit coded by braindead monkeys) but still, the keyboard materials are very good. The $150 price tag wasn't worth it though. Felt for the RGB meme.

what is wrong with x220?

if you play 3+ year old games only, sure

I'm getting in the 100's at 1440p with my 4GB [spoiler]fury[/spoiler].

Touchpad is bad, screen is bad, and build quality is iffy. Keyboard is also not that good.

>EVGA 650P2 DOA, can't return it.

Fuck, that plain sucks. Especially if it held up a fresh build.

Nice spoiler tags. Retard.

>Touchpad is bad
Which is why you use clit
>screen is bad
True
>Keyboard is also not that good.
Compared to what? To this day I haven't used laptop with keyboard comparable to old thinkpads.

nice digits

I don't like using the clit, it wasn't all that good or accurate.

Nowadays there are laptops with mechanical switches. Not talking about those though.

Yeah, what's worse is that I figured it like 3 months later. The piece of shit shuts down if more than 50% of the max load is used.

I fell for the mechanical keyboard meme... Twice.

$250 Samsung S24E650 1920x1200 PLS screen.

My 8 year old LG died and this seemed like a good replacement and welcomed upgrade from TN to PLS, which didn't seem any worse than IPS.

>viewing angles are in effect not any better because of bright sheen on matte panel when not viewed right on
>lower right side of the screen has a bright orange glow and the lower left side has a bright blue glow unless I'm 10ft away from the screen
>can't handle low brightness settings without what's displayed on the screen being drowned out by background light
>colors look strange an unnatural

Guess I'm stuck with this crap for the next decade then.

I have one of those. Almost never use the function keys, just keep it around for LCDSirReal.

The used x230 with IPS display meme
* 1376x766 is actually that bad
* The screen is too dim when there is any sunlight
* Only 2h of battery life and I don't want to buy a 60€ battery for extra 2h
* Already lost at least 100€ in resell value after 1 year

there's no meme to it. you either enjoy it or you don't
the only reason I don't use my model M is because it's too heavy to sit on my lap as I like to do with my lighter keyboards

an amd cpu in 2011
if I had spent like 50 dollars more I would have gotten the 2500k which would still be good today. as it stands, I already can't play some games
also, not placing enough importance on my gpu. I got a 6850 which was shortly discontinued by the manufacturer after I bought it. it was one of the worst midlines even back then

>buying x230 instead of x220, x201, x200
>expecting a 4 year old used business laptop to have decent battery
>being so poor you have to care about resale value

If anyone still had any doubts that Sup Forums was a shitty consumer technology board, this thread should get rid of them.

I brought a pair if studio monitors for £340

Amazing quality.... except I live in a flat and can barely turn them up... why did I do it?

dont forget that it has a garbage keyboard

Hard to be into "technology" if you dont buy any "technology"

The keyboard is pretty good if you don't mind the different layout.

>Zennheiser HD800
>Had to swap out the cable 4 times already because they keep quitting on me
>Coating flakes off
>Be semi-deaf
>people said it's easy to set up the volume differently on both ears
>Took 3 days of intensive work to get set up
>buy it because not too colorful
>Taste becomes more bassy so instant regret

Acer Aspire E15.
Bought one in a store because I was in dire need of a new notebook and my ancient notebook was an Acer too and I was content with it.
The touchpad sucks donkey dicks in hell, shit is slow as fuck (slower than the old notebook which I repurposed as mom internet machine), my guess due to fucking Win 8.1 where I had to spend a whole day uninstalling bloatware.
Furthermore, it's constantly losing screws from the bottom. I am just waiting for the day when it decides to just fall apart. If I didn't need certain windows applications for work, I would wipe it and put some debian on it. Most of all I am irritated by the shitty touchpad, it's just so bad.

Moto 360 1st Gen
It was cool for a little bit but the battery died pretty fast and I started to forget to bring it with me when I went out.

cpu?

What is pcbg?

Audio technica ath m40x. One ear stopped working after having them for < 1 year.

>buying sony

just cut the wire and resolder an aux cable. literally the easiest fix. doesn't even count as a fix really. I do it every 6-12 months on my headphones. Haven't had to change them.

Not on anything modern you don't. Medium-High settings maybe.

I game at the same res and recently upgraded from the 8gb 480 to a 1070 for this very reason. Paired with a 1700

what is it with the audo technica meme? beyerdynamic studio headphones are literally in the same prize range, I don't get it

>bought an rm1000x to future proof for an SLI+custom loop build
>PSU fan only turns on when 400w of power is being used instead of x amount of heat
i wish i'd known about this before, it's literally hot to the touch every time i check it because it's rarely under heavy load.

Would an 8gb rx480 suffice for gaming? I don't play PC games enough to justify getting a 1070/1080/other pricey card.

>insane clouding/lightbleed after only 2 years
TVs are not really supposed to have perfect picture quality after 2 years anymore.

I own a Dell with glossy display. Protip: Don't buy glossy.

PLS is the same as IPS, basically.
Don't make up stories. If you got problems with your display, it's the panel itself.

>colors look strange an unnatural
Did you adjust them? Use a spyder or whatever to adjust your colours. Without hardware calibration every monitor looks different.

>>viewing angles are in effect not any better because of bright sheen on matte panel when not viewed right on
Bright sheen? I don't really know what you mean. Never had matte though. Are you talking about the coating of your monitor?

>Guess I'm stuck with this crap for the next decade then.
It won't last a decade though. LEDs are not CCFLs. My old monitor is still doing fine after 10 years, with it's old backlighting. But you can expect your LED monitor to not make it this long. They are not designed for that.

Nexus 5 was a piece of shit. I replaced it with a Moto G after 4 months

>2015
>Year of Sony's X940C series
Should have gone 4K FALD with Android TV you poorfag

>4k for a tv
WHY
who the fuck broadcasts in 4k

Sup Forums will try to meme you into getting 480 but trust me, if you want average fps (the only important one) to be above 60 at all time on ultra 1080p you need 1070 and above.

480 doesnt cut it

a 480 is fine if it's in his budget. did you forget prices are a thing?

I have the 8120 @4geegahurtz, honestly for £90ish compared to the equivelent £165 i5 back when purchasing i think its done quite well. 6 year old silicon now

>not buying your electronics on a credit card with extended warranty
>buying sony TVs in the modern era
sony is overpriced garbage. i have one TV that sony sold to me at cost in 2011 to give up the risk to sue them for the fire hazard I had before and a 37" I picked up in 2015 because it was on sale and literally the only TV I could fit sans wall mount in the location where I needed it since all modern TV stands are cheap little "Triangles at the ends" ones now

I swear I knew it was goma be an HP before opening image. They seem to have very very Bad reliability

hp laptops were a mistake
pic related

I keep buying things I don't need.

Latest tech regrets are a GTX 1080 Ti, Edifier R2000DB, 2016 Macbook "Pro", and a sit-stand desk.

The speakers and Macbook are especially shit. The desk actually isn't bad but I stand for at most an hour a day and so it isn't worthwhile.

>They seem to have very very Bad reliability
Back in 2007 they did

>get popular
>gain market share
>suddenly quality and reliability plummet as they strive to make as much money as possible

Sounds a whole lot like another laptop company that has out of nowhere gained a huge market share and is pumping out a bunch of laptops...

The batteries are dirt cheap on Amazon/eBay at least in the states.

N5 was a nice phone but it made a lot of compromises for the price point, battery and camera were huge ones.

ehhhh, I'd kill for an hour a day standing. it beats the eight to ten hours straight I usually sit at client sites.

>build pc for the first time
>tell myself I'm not interested in overclocking
>got an i5 6500 instead of paying $30 for 6600k that will last much longer with overclock

I'm a retard

*$30 more that is

I wish I got an i5 instead of my 8320, but it handles most tasks well enough and most of the time my bottleneck is the GPU

Sony Vaio with nvidia gpu that had the solder issues killing it outside warranty, not american so couldn't claim the class action lawsuit reward.

GTX 670 which has killed 4 PSU's and is now in a bin. In hindsight a 290x would have saved me a lot of money.

nvidia 3d vision, bought 2nd hand cheap but still was only good for about 20 minutes before it became boring

Steelseries 300 rival, randomly stops working

ipod shuffle, was a gift but it was just a burden. Totally unintuitive and had to eventually use 3rd party software to avoid the bloat and bad design of itunes.

Nexus 7 2012, known for the shitty nvidia tegra gpu that destroyed the tablet's performance if you dared to upgrade past android 4.

MSI z68 motherboard, No offset voltage setting and would randomly reset overclocks for no reason.

HTC desire s. First android free with a contract, I understand why it was free.

If you got a Z170 mobo, you can still overclock it.

I paid extra for a 1440p monitor then realised it's not that huge of a leap and I'm happy enough with 1080p. Waste of money.

Buying a ton of lighting and camera gear for my YouTube channel only to lose my passion for it suddenly. I can't bring myself to sell it all yet.

Buying a fidget cube, it broke instantly.

I thought that was blocked now or something

Has anyone heard of Nokia 2520?

That was just fud. Download the right bios and you can get it to 4.5GHz easily.

The DV9000 was so horrible that my family bought 3 of them. Ran hotter than any other laptop I've ever seen, collapsed keyboard keys, broken hinges, an optical drive that scratched DVDs.

What are you smoking?
Everything about the 480 is stable 70FPS ultra. before the dips ...
unless your running NVIDIA HAIR WORKS THE WAY ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYD® x64 Because you can see the difference :^)

>MacBook Pro
>remove entire guts before the 60-ish screws
>but that's pre-retina, for all I know everything newer could be fucking glued

Their high-end business class machines were nice for a while. Anything other those were still utter and total shit.

I bought a used Lenovo Yoga 3 11" for $330 and thought it would be a great little laptop for light usage

Turns out it's a completely unusable piece of shit because of Core M and how quickly this laptop heats up and throttles the processor. I just bought ebay.com/itm/DELL-Latitude-E7250-12-5-In-Intel-Core-I7-5600U-CPU-2-60-GHz-Black-Ultrabook-/332180805493 and will be reselling the Yoga as soon as possible

>60 (SIXTY) screws holding the keyboard in place
>every other laptop has 3 (THREE) maximum

WHAT the HOLY FUCK is THIS?

LG G4
>Sprint version never had bootloader unlock
>No CM/Lineage because of this, only some "MellowMallow" shit
>Started to have software issues with only the hotspot trick
Went to a Samsung S5. Too bad S7 and above lack unlockable bootloaders in the US.

>Fell for the 4k meme
Worst purchase ever, bought an lg 27 inch ips freesync monitor and it was so good i had to go out and buy two more

If you want HP, only buy from the business series. I am very happy with my EliteBook I am posting this from.

If you really want a "consumer" laptop, buy Dell.

>PS Vita
bought it at release when i was a Sup Forumsirgin, played it regularly for a year and sold it at a sizeable loss. Memory cards were a ripoff and the OS was shit with little app support.

>Goophone N3
Galaxy Note 3 clone I bought in 2014, actually worked pretty well for the first year and only cost me $260 AUD, unfortunately it started overheating heaps and then cracked the screen when I left it in my packpack. Didn't have a stylus like the actual note phones and the camera was good, not much else to say about it.

>Logitech G15 keyboard
Bought one new in 2015 for $40 AUD because it was the wrong layout (italian), the screen on it is useless and is only really good for showing the time and CPU/RAM usage, keys stick a bit as well. Also it takes up a shit ton of room because of the thick bezels and all the extra macro keys.

>PS Vita
>bought it at release when i was a Sup Forumsirgin, played it regularly for a year and sold it at a sizeable loss. Memory cards were a ripoff and the OS was shit with little app support.
Same.
A shitty Lenovo prebuilt from 2010 that I used for 7 years before build my current pc. (It was actually and upgrade from using the family's shitty Dell optiplex gx270)

I bought a DV something something in the first week of 2009...returned it by week 2.

Swapped it for a (then) new unibody MacBook that hasn't had a single issue through today in 2017. It's gone through 8 summers, being used on my bed, in 90+ degree weather (usually have the AC off) for several hours.

I made the same mistake, only with the 3570 and in my defense my parents bought it for me as a a gift so I felt it would be bad to ask them to pay more for it.

is overclocking really that significant? i mean, the cost of the unlocked cpu, plus the cost of an aftermarket cooler, given the increased performance ?

Seriously?