For all you stupids that think CRT is higher quality

For all you stupids that think CRT is higher quality

Sure, I'll allow you to think that. It's higher quality image. I'll allow that to be true...(even though its not)

But you fucking retards who seem to be paying so much attention to fine detail like scanlines and absolute blacks...

You supposed "stimulusphiles" completely forget that fucking CRTs get hot as shit and emit highly audible whine when they are on.

Couple other things. Theyre heavy and bulky as all fuck, limiting their placement. I've also heard arguments they have higher input lag not sure if thats true? (muh photon gun) but jesus fucking christ that whiney high pitched sound is a deal breaker. I'm glad those stupid screens have been replaced by oled

And absolutely lol:
>play the game on the screen it was designed for!
absolute lol on a million different levels.

If you like CRT because its interesting how their how their built and how they function, that is sweet, more power to you! Knowledge is fucking awesome and I applaud you for learning...but if you think they are give superior end result....GFY

When will all the current CRTs be dead? It was deliberately made to have short life so people would be forced to buy smart TVs.

I never really cared much what kind of screen I'm using. Still using an LG 23" 1080p screen from 2009.

>You supposed "stimulusphiles" completely forget that fucking CRTs get hot as shit and emit highly audible whine when they are on.
so, I have a CRT that I use as a fourth monitor because ayy why the fuck not I found it in my garage
mine doesn't do either of these. It gets a little warm but it's honestly not that bad at all. It doesn't make any noise, either.
>I've also heard arguments they have higher input lag not sure if thats true?
no, the exact opposite of that. That's why those smash bros autistic fucks use them.
>. I'm glad those stupid screens have been replaced by oled
yeah, I will be too, when OLED screens don't cost as much as twice my entire fucking gaming desktop

120hz was available before year 2000
>that whiney high pitched sound is a deal breaker.
Never heard of headphones?

The whiney high pitched sound only happens at 15kHz. Computer monitors were over 30kHz therefore you can't hear it.

Nostalgia is one thing but I refuse to believe there are people who actually believe these are superior. You can SEE the individual pixels ffs.

>its so shit you have to cover your ears and eyes

Anything under HD resolution looks better on a CRT, that's why I keep my Trinitron for analog TV and old consoles. Both look like ass on LCD screens, and the tuners on newer TVs take forever to work.

I still use one as my main tv because honestly? I don't give a fuck if they're technically worse. The images look perfectly fine and the things are fucking free, not to mention better built than some Walmart trash.

>You supposed "stimulusphiles" completely forget that fucking CRTs get hot as shit
So fucking what?
>emit highly audible whine when they are on.
This is only an issue for 240p.
>Theyre heavy and bulky as all fuck
Well worth it.
>I've also heard arguments they have higher input lag not sure if thats true?
It's not. They have lower input lag than LCD, OLED, plasma, etc. displays.

I like CRTs mostly because muh nostalgia.

And you seem like you have no fucking knowledge yourself, OP. Old games were in fact designed for old TVs. Artists back then took into consideration the limitations of the screen, and the pixelization of the game fits perfectly the pixelization on the screen. But that's just a look-and-feel thing that you can't reproduce on LED screens and only guys who spent their golden years in front of a 8/16bit era console would see any appeal on it. In any other use case, CRTs would look like complete shit in comparison with modern screens.

The 30 year old Panasonic TV that I used to play NES with is still functioning perfectly. My grandma still uses it every day to watch soap operas in her bedroom. I had to buy a digital signal converter because she couldn't get used with a modern TV if her life depended on it.

> get hot as shit
who cares, im not holding it in my arms
> emit highly audible whine
just slap it until it stops
>heavy and bulky as all fuck
you don't actually have to lift the monitor when using it. it usually comes with a stand.
>limiting their placement
usually to a desk

>ears and /eyes/
what

A lot of people wear headphones regardless.

OP, nothing is inherently superior. Application matters. Even the shittiest of things may be superior in a particular application. A used dell POS might be superior to a new gaming rig if your only requirement is low price. Anything that is beat when it comes to every single application is called obsolete.

How can one OP be so wrong?

Was supposed to write a message on the other reply but I am sure these are examples of what you are talking about with old games, just throught I would throw them out there.

Don't mind me, I'm just sitting here enjoying my $0 120 Hz perfect SRGB display.

>CRTs get hot as shit
So do CCFL backlit LCDs and I don't care about either getting hot.

>emit highly audible whine when they are on
Get a better CRT.

>Theyre heavy and bulky as all fuck, limiting their placement.
Cry more.

OP, yur a faget who probably think IPS is the best LCD type too.

CRTs are the only thing I can use my NES zapper on. Therefore there's always a place for CRT at least when it comes to classic games.

are you stupid

Go back already

lmfao, so you like your games BECAUSE they look like shit

I bet you also enjoy blurry, excessive filters on your photos. Maybe you all should check out a website called Instagram or better yet, Myspace. They're known for shooping the hell out of their shit quality images, and poorly.

Fuckheads are retarded if you think Digital cant replicate some shit ass scanlines and distortion. You dont even need AyyMD for that, you can use your shitty integrated graphics.

In *current year*, we can even make the screen curved in the wrong way -- just like your grandad's boob toob!

CRTs made old games look better. Thin film screens can never compete with the superior colors of CRT screens