Ricing thread? Ricing thread

Other urls found in this thread:

glenda.cat-v.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrases_from_The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Answer_to_the_Ultimate_Question_of_Life.2C_the_Universe.2C_and_Everything_.2842.29
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

here's a (you)

Speaking of ricing, can I write elements of my DE in GLSL?
I tried googling this, and nothing comes up.
I would think this would be doable. Like there are blurred window background effects and those are way, way slower on the CPU than the GPU.
I also hear hardware acceleration is also disabled on Linux, like on Firefox, because it often isn't reliable.

I didn't realize this would be a stupid question, but it seems uncommonly asked since googling about it hardly brings anything up.
I'm going to have to add extensions to some DE, aren't I?

default is ALWAYS the best. Ricing is for pedos

How do I do exactly this

Check compositing managers like xcompmgr and compton, they support those features. You could also write standalone OpenGL applications with transparency and no borders. I know it's possible since I wanted to create virtual assistant like cortana but on next level and without botnet. There are some code snippets on internet that describe how to set up window transparency. The problem was that I gave up as soon as I started reading about 3D model animation. The idea was to take model like Miku from MMD and apply animations based on user input or other system events e.g. when you suspend Miku goes to sleep, when you listen to music she dances. But implementing all this from scratch is well above my programming abilities. Maybe I will revisit this project in the future. It would be really interesting to have such assistant on Linux, Windows would then have lame cortana and on Linux we would have cute anime girls assisting us with tasks (launching programs, executing commands, searching web, weather, ...) like dmenu or rofi but with more features.

You don't, that's is an abomination. It's against everything i3 stands for and unless you just open music from terminal and leave your computer on it's not that usable.

It's fun configuring i3 though.

Which bar are you using? is that lemonbar?

looks like bumblebee

Yeah I know for my standalone applications, but I wanted my theme to have that aero glass kinda look without wasting resources to have the GPU do the blurring what's in the background.

xcompmgr does not seem to do what I was saying. It seems to work on the CPU, and is not GPU accelerated, thus is slow. Nor does it seem to utilize any sort of typical shading language.

It looks like compiz is what I was looking for, even though it's typically used to make something fucking retarded looking.
It's a shame it's not using Wayland, too.

It looks like KDE Plasma 5 does what I want. Dunno why my initial googling didn't bring it up.
Hopefully it can render to texture as well to only use GPU during movement/transitions.

Ricing is dead, move on.
Enjoy the (you)'s

Are we going back to the age of Desktop threads?

I thought we evolved past those user.

UGUU OWO UWU >__

install i3-gaps, i3-blocks and urxvt. Configure everything, pick up a colorscheme, apply your colorscheme to your Xresources and i3 configuration files and then create some blocks to show off some info on your bar. Then you are set, the rest is just setting up compton (to add shadows and other details to your windows), the music player (mpd+ncmpcpp),installing neofetch and opening the .sh for the pipes animation. In order to make windows float just press Mod1+space and to move them around just press Mod1 and drag the window.
It's not because i'm using a tiling window manager that i'm supposed to tile every single window, tabbing or floating your windows doesn't make your setup an abomination or go against everything your wm stands for, i'm just using a feature that is included in it, don't be such an autist.
wew

i eat lots of pussy

I never understood why they were banned. I mean yeah they were a bit annoying but they were how I started working with Linux and if you could look past anime and autism people posting there were quite helpful.

>It's not because i'm using a tiling window manager that i'm supposed to tile every single window, tabbing or floating your windows doesn't make your setup an abomination or go against everything your wm stands for, i'm just using a feature that is included in it, don't be such an autist.
>Don't be such an autist
?

Is there an application launcher that opens files with whatever the mimetype is associated with?

>soruce
>1.6
>condition zero

Go find the appropriate thread on /wg/

owo

if its u post ur dick

why would anyone do that? this thread is not about wallpapers

im a girl u baka

akari i love you please love me back

c:

how is this ricing?

good one

>/wg/
>they barely know how to Windows

custom terminal colors

seriously? like half the stuff in that image is customized

Besides aspects of the terminal it just looks like MacOS

>scala
>emacs
"reeeeeeeeeeeee"

clearly you aren't a very experienced ricer

Flight delayed 6 hours. Sitting at airport reading cracking the coding interview

ricing is absolutely useless autistic shit that just makes everything less portable.

thats a desktop? disgusting

your posts are useless autistic shit, moron

OwO

n-no yu

ok
22 hours since i installed arch

how many hours until you make it look good?

rude!

>glenda

get out of my thread

Quite rude

glenda's a CUTE!
glenda.cat-v.org/

This

waiting for it...

how old are you

How did you do to make it this comfy?

not him, but im 420 years and 69 months old

The sum of your post number divided by the OP number.

dodging the question because you're underage

extreme rice

51/42?

better than akari's

more like 14/88 haha. sieg heil im an alt rightist

rude

i'm compiling a list of funny numbers
-420: the weed number
-69: the sex number
-1488: the hitler number
taking suggestions btw

thats not a funny number idiot

make sure you add 9/11 to that, its a p. funny #

did you ever notice that the two ones in eleven look like the twin towers... whoa..

Sure it is, friend.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrases_from_The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Answer_to_the_Ultimate_Question_of_Life.2C_the_Universe.2C_and_Everything_.2842.29

not clicking your link either idiot

its the hitch hikers guide number. dont be rude

it's: not funny

configuring i3 and colors mostly

What dock?

I'm gonna need an ID on that bar

thing is that it always devolved into anime roleplaying. Which is strictly banned outside of /rp/ and Sup Forums respectively. Normal amounts of anime are still fine though

your dumb, there is no /rp/ u idiot

literally every board is /rp/

wooops, I mixed it up with /tg/ thanks u qt

polybar, a-user

I don't remember seeing anime roleplaying in those threads. Of course they used retarded cutesy responses but anime roleplaying? Nope.

I'm not defending those threads, but they were quite alright and it's not like all pages of Sup Forums is dedicated to cutting edge tech.

Those cutesy replies could be considered roleplaying depending on the context. Also desktop threads have their respective boards. for anime desktops and for minimal anime

your dumb

>wooops, I mixed it up with /tg/ thanks u qt

they were banned because of idiots like him complaining about them even though they obviously never even went into a thread to see what they were like

>The desktop threads in /w/ and /wg/ don't get as much traffic as the threads here and people are not interested in how to make those desktops possible as much in those threads.

this is fucking irrelevant, the /wg/ sticky states that desktop threads belong there. How much traffic they get is up to the autists.
>they were banned because of idiots like him complaining about them even though they obviously never even went into a thread to see what they were like

>someone posts a macOS desktop with a loli on it by Animexxpro
>100s of replies
>makiposting
>shitposting
>moeposting
>circlejerking over moe anime
only desktop thread autists liked them because they wanted validation from anonymous users on a mongolian dog recipe forum.

you are so freaking dumb it hurts, you're also proving that you're new and never went into a desktop thread before

:^)

I'm pretty new here, only 4~ish years along here and 1 of them were spent in Sup Forums. I've met numerous anons who were nice and helpful and decided I'd do the same so I came here to Sup Forums and started lurking and posting under H.M and later on H.M with a secure trip. Desktop threads were the worst, ever since they got flagged for instaban the number of makiposting has died off significantly.

your the worst, stop posting idiot

if you can confirm you're a girl
post twitter or embed link to a picture and I'll run it.

>implying your going to dox me
thats against the rules

when did I imply that. This isn't against the rules to make a gentleman agreement, you give me an account or picture I can look up and I stop posting for an entire month, It has to be yours though, I 'll know if its some chink ladyboy.

Why are all the best looking rices just default macOS Sierra with a nice background?

lmao, you're like twice as old as any of the posters you're arguing with
weeb spammers btfo