RadioCom General

Sup nerds?
I have a paintball team and we´r moving into woods ball.
we need a beter comunication method rather than shouting n hand signals in order not to reaveal our positions.
what would /G do?

Other urls found in this thread:

radioreference.com/apps/db/?coid=31
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what would Sup Forums do
>not play paintball, you weirdo

Sup Forums is someplace else.

I wouldn't bother with a UV-5R if you're just going to use them as walkie talkies, BF-888S seems like a good option

radios aint really my forte... whats the diference?

Bf888s is good to hand off to friends when you don't want them hitting buttons

Use my uv5r for that, worked well. The only problem is retards dont go well with radios.

I used it for work too, when others had normal walkie talkies. Sometimes my baofeng would pick up slightly distorted chatter from other channels.

>posts a picture of the uv5r
Are you really that dense

>what would nigga do
>posts the answer
you really aren't the sharpest tool in the shed are you

>Bf888s
Cool im checking it out

Morse code.

By virtue of you talking into the radio, whatever it is, you can and probably will be overheard. That is if you're playing a halfway decent team.

Spend a few months learning code, and communicate with a flashlight, whistle, tap of the fingers, whatever. I worked with a fellow ham who actually knew code and we had one hell of a time in meetings. It's a skill you'll have for life and will certainly come in handy in the event of any civil unrest.

My guess is you're too lazy for this though. So I guess you'd better just stick with whispering.

HAhahaHAha! i like how you think, if the guys get more serious that would be an exelent skill.
but hard enoug´s been organizing them into being at the same place at the same time periodically... so i think i´ll put it off for later. or to the more serious players

>tfw mototrbo system to milsim with

You wouldn't even need to learn the full compliment of morse code to make use of it. Just develop a few Q codes

Honestly any PMR-446 radio will work

don't listen to this faggot, if the enemy get you're frequency all your comms are gone the uv5r can broadcast on one channel and listen on another, go for the uv5r then split up the team into two so both are evenly skilled, team a broadcasts on frequency a and listen on frequency b team b broadcasts on b and listens on a

>you're
I retarded up but you get the point

DONT USE ANY OF THE HAM CHANNELS BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAEL UNLESS YOU HAVE A HAM RADIO LISCENE

I'm K_5_PT_ (The _ is other letters I removed because you can look up the call signs online)

STOP POSTING ANIME

Any decent set of cheap walkie talkies will do you fine once you throw in an earpiece and throatmic

I don't believe I'll get an answer to this but... I have an UV5R to listen to brazilian police chatter, but scanning the frequencies is really boring and not very effective. Does anyone know where I can get a list of interesting frequencies to listen to?

radioreference.com/apps/db/?coid=31

What frequencies are you using? PMR446 channels? You know you shouldn't just use a random frequency you need to do a bit of research beforehand, as
says, if you use the ham bands unlicensed it's illegal.

if you want something automated...ish, you can pick up usb sdr dongles for cheap that tend to have a decent amount of bandwidth to scan on, you can just plug it into a laptop and let it scan automatically and record the results

>it's illegal to broadcast data on certain frequencies
kek, who cares

Thanks for the reply, buddy. Unfortunatelly, my fellow countrymen did not make many entries to that website. None of the few entries are in my region. But thanks anyway, I'll keep an eye on it.

Well, I think I'll have to dig into that so I can feed the radioreference with the frequencies in my area. thanks!

Enjoy a 5 figure fine when you end up using an emergency frequency such as police or EMS for muh paintball

This is why people hate hams. No sense of adventure. Look what cooperation with the gov has gotten you as more and more freq become restricted.

>you need to break the law to be adventurous

Great idea
I would suggest using laser pointer too.

Hand signals are great, but op knows that.

For radio create your own simple codebook.
Expect other team to eavesdrop on you - I doubt that you will encrypt your comms signal wise.

More like it is full of autists who will try to get your location and report you.

That's what I love about it. Do it right or get your shit rocked