What's the best smartphone and why is it the Pixel?

What's the best smartphone and why is it the Pixel?
This damn thing is marvelous, I've never seen or used a smartphone that's as quick, snappy, and responsive as this. Every single thing about it is pure sex.

Other urls found in this thread:

ubergizmo.com/products/lang/en_us/devices/galaxy-s8,nexus-6p/
girardgibbs.com/lg-g4-bootloop-class-action-lawsuit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

iPhone 6s

>sent from my iPhone 6s :^)

I think the Note 8 is going to blow everything out of the water. Samsung's gonna try their absolute best to get back those "power users" that went to other devices this gen.
The Pixel is ugly as fuck. Case closed.

>crappy FDE
>updates guaranteed for only two years
if you care about security it's meh

>samsuck
If I ever had to go back to lagdroid I'd get the pixel. Samsung is shit. Everything they make is pure trash.

nice bezels

Which make it perfect for Daydream. I bet you haven't even experienced how good smart phone VR can really be.

giant bottom bezel that serves no purpose

why is there not front facing speakers on this phone if it's not waterproof

google/huawei or whatever shitty company spawned this piece of shit needs to be burned to the ground

The phone is an HTC

not sure why they took the m8, sortof improved on it, then removed the dual speakers if it's not going to be waterproofed

what a letdown

also, not getting ahold of the exynos chip, baka

>Unironically using an Android phone after 2011

Enjoy your insecure, bloated, malware-infested botnet platform.

The OP3T is a strictly better phone unless you
>Want instant android updates. Why be on 7.1.1 when you could be on 7.1.2?
>Want a camera that's 5% better, because we all know how much you love your phone photography
>Actually use phone VR, where the XL's 1440p is useful.

Well meme'd

Tried multiple devices including the pixel and Galaxy s8+. Switched from my note 4 to an LG G6

I'm not trusting Samsung again after how slow my note 4 became and even replacing batteries I still ended up having to stick a 7500mah one to get the same battery life I'm getting on my G6.

The S8 and S8+ did not attract me at all with that edge shit. They stick with the same camera as the S7 and many other manufacturers are using the same one and most review sites agree with G6 camera(s) is better.

Phone feels snappy and responsive. Never have to wait for anything to load like I have on all previous Samsung phones because TouchWiz is shit.

Its the g6 actuallly a good phone? Every LG I had its shit in battery life so I dont know man.

Pixel and HTC 10 are tight enough to survive being immersed.

The midrange 10 evo is waterproof...

The front facing and bottom speaker orientation on each mixes decently enough that dual front facing "boomsound" is not coming back.

It's pretty good. I'm happier with it than my past Samsung phones. I was also considering the Huawei honor 8 and one plus 3t but I feel like I made the best choice. Great phone and Sprint offered it for half off and a free Google Home. Can't beat that. I basically paid $250 for the phone and it's a brand new flagship device. Noproblems with battery yet but it does come with quick charge 3.0 and wireless built in charging. 15 minutes = 80% so I doubt it'll ever become a real issue. I'm seeing 5-6 hours of screen on time per charge till it hits 5% left.

OP3T.

I think the best value for money is now the samsung S7. It's amazingly cheap compared to the S8 which doesn't really offer any significant innovations other than the gimmicky screen.

Posting from my Pixel
The worst thing is that it looks like iPhone lol

also can install AOSP on the international version

>basically paid $250 for it
No, if you're on a contract you basically put a down payment on it and you're basically going to end up paying $1400 for that phone over 2 years, basically.

In the year of our lord 2017 why the fuck do people still fall for the contract meme? Literally the worst, most nonsensical option that only still exists for the carrier Jew to trick gullible goyim into paying double for their shiny NSA tracking devices.

Should be ashamed desu

too bad they have locked bootloaders
fucking stupid asinine jews

>I think the Note 8 is going to blow everything out of the water.

what display density do you use?

or
>want a 5" phone

>Samsung's gonna try their absolute best to get back those "power users" that went to other devices this gen.

By getting rid of a long time feature of having a home button?
By putting on a gimmicky screen?
They didnt bring back a removable battery

They arent going for their old fanbase or the power users. Those people are obviously dead to Samsung. They are going after the Iphone crowd who want flash and gimmicks.

Too bad the Iphone is too ingrained, they are alienating the people who used to care about their phones and projecting to people who will never care about their phones.

Good job samsung
As if exploding phones didnt already leave a bad taste in peoples mouths, removing the flat screen option and home button is the last nail in the coffin

>No, if you're on a contract you basically put a down payment on it and you're basically going to end up paying $1400 for that phone over 2 years, basically.

I dont know how sprint works, but on Verizon its a 0% interest. You just take the full price of the phone and divide it by 24 months and thats your phone payment on top of your actual service payment.

I use the options that make things smaller
Coming from a 1440p G4 so the defaults felt like they were for old people but now it's fine

Not Samsung as long as their doing the Edge shit.
I've had the S7 Edge for almost a year now, the phone would be amazing if it weren't for the rounded screen. You cannot watch a youtube video without accidebtal touches. Holding it normal is almost impossible. It's just a huge pain in the ass.

>Not available worldwide
>No micro SD card slot
Done.

also:
>shit speakers
>overpriced
>the back glass is extremely fragile
>no sd
>fuckhueg bezels

The only good thing about it is the camera.
Otherwise the OP3T is better in every single way and costs half the price for twice the storage.

CopperheadOS

You spelled Samsung Galaxy S8 wrong

>CopperheadOS
>Have to pay for Pixel support unless you want to build it yourself
Are you cuckold? LineageOS is free for almost all relevant phones and doesn't come with botnet gapps.

Over 24 months it's charging me $14.75 a month. My plan is 40gb for two lines for 130. Im definitely not overpaying shit or paying more than the phone is worth. Learn to adult more

>Are you cuckold?

Nah, im not tech illiterate and need other people to do the work for me

LineageOS is not a hardened OS, to compare the two shows how clueless you are.
But hey, its not for everyone

Is there anything this great supported on Verizon? It's affordable, huge battery, great cameras, metal body for better heat dispersion, and very thin bezels. Pretty sexy to me.

i like how they call the black one "quite black" but its fuckin grey
nice one, goog

>Not upgrading your phone after two years anyway
Seriously 2 years of updates is all you need. 3 tops

>In the year of our lord 2017 why the fuck do people still fall for the contract meme?

There are no contracts anymore
The "phone contracts" from big boy companies dont look anything like they did 4 years ago.

They are actually reasonable enough

You bring your own phone, or pay your phone outright, the plans are pay as you go leave at any time
The only contract you can actually get into is one to pay a phone off with payments.
Your contractually obligated to pay the full price of your phone.

Say you get a 600$ phone and are paying 25$ a month on top of your bill.
You are a year into it and have paid off half of your phone. You can still leave the "plan"
You just pay the phones remaining balance and leave. You keep the phone and are done.

There are no more extremely expensive early termination fees or anything like that.
I actually paid my final 3 months of my phone off early to get a new phone. Sold my old phone on swappa and paid for the majority of my new one off. Itll be nice to have a 25$ cheaper plan in about 5 months
Once you are not paying for the actual phone, the phone plans are comparable to the "pay as you go" plans out there.

>the company that makes the best screens is shit
Ok m8 gr8 b8

I wish Samsung would go back to their roots
I like the fact that they make pretty much all of their own hardware in house. Their specs are always good. But their software is fucking dreadful, their locked down bootloaders, KNOX, and touchwiz are just too much to deal with. Its gonna take something special to bring me back as a customer, and I have been around since the original Note. They dont really care about me though, they are looking towards a different demographic

nice iphone you got there

>the best screens
You mean those oversaturated piles of shit that get burn in? Top jej m8 kys

i agree its a great phone. Fastest most crisp phone i've used. Both front and back camera have awesome features. High rez, etc.

However the integration with your gmail account is kind of annoying...especially the photo section. It's a bit complex IMO. I also don't like how by default some things are turned on in which you really want turned off.

also the paint on the edges is INCREDIBLY chippy. A case is needed.

overall great phone tho im happy with it

>buying a new $800 device every 2 years
Not everyone is a consumer libcuck like you

iPhone 6s Plus 128GB

kill urself

>sent from my Nexus 5

The note 7 was perfect, they should've let me keep it instead of everyone including carriers intervening. Problem blown out of proportion with social media retards

>>fuckhueg bezels
IRL this isn't an issue and makes the phone really easy to hold, whereas something like the galaxy edgelords are a fucking pain in the ass to actually use

Waiting anxiously.

>hideous
>runs Android
>no microSD card slot
>non-removable battery
It's far from the best.

idk why but I always like blackberry designs,they kind of have the same appeal thinkpads have...and I don't even know how to type with physical buttons anymore

THOSE ARE FRAUDULENT CHARGES

>hideous
true, but only the back
>runs Android
no better alternative out there

you forgot the ridiculous price

>that chin tho

i preordered the s8 after i got my nexus 6p stolen last weekend, how bad did i fuck up Sup Forums ? i was in demand for a phone, and axon 7 ZTE or whatever apparently didn't work on verizon, so i just went with samsung and this is my first time. i will probably download nova launcher first

huawei did nothing wrong :(

>true, but only the back
Nah, the front's pretty ugly too
>no better alternative out there
BB10OS

I actually bought an iPhone because of the Pixel.
The only things I miss:

Unified storage model (export from DropBox into Clover for cloud powered shitposting)
Headphone jack

When this thing comes out that will be it. I'll finally have a reason to upgrade from my Galaxy S3 and I will never need to upgrade again. The iPod touch style devices were a fun experiment but it's time to get real.

I have a Nexus stock skin for my S7 Edge, it's free on the theme store. I bet it looks sex on the S8.

dayum. is samsung touchwiz just a meme, or is it slower than nexus 6p or whatever? i dont care too much about front facing speakers, but i will miss that finger print sensor on the back on the nexus 6p which was so convenient. I hope they have it on the samsung s8 :|

ubergizmo.com/products/lang/en_us/devices/galaxy-s8,nexus-6p/

oh shit i am about to do USB-C again i didn't even realize ahaha

wat

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

>theme store
>samshit account
jej

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Thank you Ravjeetpreetpoopstreet, you've really outdone yourself this week. A raise of 6 Rupees is in order!

- Sundar Pichai (CEO and top pajeet at Google)

Dat chin
Stock android has always been shit
Price is iphone for cheap chink phone and no customer service
Owning one is a mark of the idiot which helps identification

Go fuck your mom on the beach, burger.

>fuck your mom
>on the beach
>average autistic pajeet insult attempt

Vhat did u meanings by this sir?

Pixel is shit, just get an iPhone

SUCK MY DICK I HAVE A ONE PLUS 3T PLEB

Is the S8 my only decent option for a new phone?
>Memory card slot
>Water resistant
>Good hardware
>Good camera

I dislike the meme rounded screen, but it ticks most of my boxes otherwise.

I mean stop being a huge cunt.

Got an axon 7 cant complain.
- good price
- good perf
- good feel
- latest android version

yep

LG V20 is fine if you don't want the latest SoC.

how am i supposed to get the right aspect ratio on that thing

>The Galaxy S8 and S8+ both feature 1440p Super AMOLED displays, with an 18.5:9 aspect ratio taller than the 16:9 ratio used by the majority of smartphones

why

>same price as an iPhone
>gets BTFO by A10
>no SD card slot

why would I get this over an iPhone? At least Apple will support my phone for 5 years. Pray to your various gods that Google doesn't get ADD again and create a whole new line of phone and abandons the old line.

>bezels
that's all I got. the phone is flawless otherwise.

tank you
post again

what about xiaomi mix?
Almost non-existent bezels, snapdragon 821, 6gb ram, 256gb storage, 6.4" screen

>touchwizz
>bloat

>LineageOS is not a hardened OS, to compare the two shows how clueless you are.
Not him, but LineageOS is still better than other manufacturer ROMs.
>But hey, its not for everyone
Don't we all wish it is? Sadly, only 4 devices are officially supported.

I'm not sure how a 6.4" screen feels, given that I'm currently using an S5, which has a 5" screen. Other than that, ZTE Axon 7 and HTC 10 are worthy upgrades. Sadly, the ZTE Axon 7 isn't available in my country yet.

Do you people have aids? Without the bezel your fingers would accidentally hit the on screen buttons all the time. The bezel itself actually makes this phone far more usable. Also, when taking photos you can grip the phone nicely in landscape mode.

I don't see what AIDS has to do with whether or not bezels are beneficial.

Well aren't you clever!

Yeah, i had my eye on the axon 7, seems like a great phone. I was mainly interested in audio quality.
In the end i got the LG V10 for around 300 AUD - decent hardware and hi-fi audio

Aw, man. If it wasn't for the price or the fact that you will never be able to root it...

My zte axon 7 has daydream and has way smaller bezels than your pixel

You might regret that decision. Expect an inevitable bootloop at some point.
girardgibbs.com/lg-g4-bootloop-class-action-lawsuit/

>snappy
Why does this word make me feel so uncomfortable? Is it because Android users have a fetish for an operating system that simply works at a solid 60FPS? As an iPhone user, I don't even think about things like that because my phone isn't laggy out of the box.

Fucking weirdo. I've never met a single normie using a Pixel. Gay name

>not using the smiley with the carat nose :^)

Touchviz may look bad but it woks good

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Giant bezels, no OIS, poor build quality, mono speaker, shit audio, no expandable storage, only 2 years of support, iPhone price without the quality to back it up.

I would rather buy a Samshit than Pixlel.

Same, but I honestly don't give a fuck how it looks.