/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung’s Galaxy S8 Plus dual-camera prototype shows up in a photo
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/4/17/15324686/samsung-galaxy-s8-plus-dual-camera-prototype-photo

evleaks: The Moto Z2 Force won't be a Verizon exclusive this time around; T-Mobile will carry it, for instance
twitter.com/evleaks/status/853715004373315585

Exclusive: Moto’s new entry-level phones, Moto C and Moto C Plus revealed
androidauthority.com/exclusive-lenovo-moto-c-moto-c-plus-video-renders-764366/

Nokia 9 concept appears with bezel-less design and dual camera setup
gizchina.com/2017/04/15/nokia-9-concept-appears-bezel-less-design-dual-camera-setup/

Samsung Galaxy S8 vs S8 Plus - Battery Drain Test!
youtube.com/watch?v=C3K-OyQXZ-0

old

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-zuk-z2-4gb-64gb
gizmochina.com/2017/04/17/did-huawei-cut-corners-huawei-p10-storage-benchmark-results-shows-they-did/
s.aliexpress.com/Qr6R7fq6
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16875606078
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've seen a couple of people taking about the Mate 9
the general consensus is that it's a good phone?

so will the honor 6x be the best camera I can get for a mid-level budget?

The s7 camera is prolly the best and its 420 british bucks while the honor 6x is only 210 british bucks.

The performance seems close enough outside of really bad lighting, in which case why the fuck are we taking pictures anyway?

Should I get a 4GB ram model of the Moto G4 Plus or the 2GB ram version of the Moto G5 Plus? I can get both for around the same price.

Honor 8 sells for the same price and it has a vastly better camera and SoC.

Shell an extra for the 4/64 G5+.

not in the uk, no.

honor 6x - 210
honor 8 - 340
s7 - 420
pixl - 500
xperia xz - 450
g5 plus - 249

Is it a normal for Xiaomi Mi5 to have the screen go completely red in the split second after you lock the screen but before it actually goes black?

I though my eyes were broken, but I recorded it happening, picrelated (the picture in the background is basically completely blue). I'd post a webm, but the whole thing is literally three frames: blue, red, black.

what's a good >200 euro replacement for my Nexus 6P

Check the ZTE Blade V8 too. otherwise the Honor 6X if pretty good.

Do your country get the ZTE Blade V8 Pro? Damn good phone with a good camera and cheaper than the 6X, has been compared against each other multiple times in reviews

> >200 euro
Pixel XL

Any reason not to get a used Note 5 over a similarly priced budget phone? The specs are at least as good if not better, and that screen is awesome.

Not an option right now. Got a strict budget of 200 and I need a Verizon capable phone fast.

who here aosp s7

It's Mao's little red phone. Embrace the communism, Comrade.

I would like a phone for less than £100, UK, micro sim would be nice, I've been using a Lumia 435 for about 2 years, so it ain't gotta be great.

HT17 Pro.

G4+ 4/64.

Can you recommend phone under 400euro in europe?
Tried to convince to buy the oneplus 3T but it seems like it's not an option and I believe the honor 8 is overrated so it's also a no go

Is the RN3P still good? 4/4X don't work on my carrier.

I have a 3 year old iPhone and I need something new. Wasn't there a chart or something? No I don't want a Chinese phone.

Is it worth buying the 1+3t or maybe wait 1-2 months until the next one comes out?

This the right place for Tablet suggestions as well?

I just want something 7-8"ish to bowse the net and shitpost in bed. Preferably something that I can just throw some minimal lineage OS on.

Non-shit battery & display i guess.

I'm still using my second-gen Moto G I got in December 2014. It has been everything I wanted from a phone: cheap, well-built and reliable with MicroSD expansion and an acceptable camera. The fact that it has gotten just as many updates as the flagships of the time is also a huge plus, especially since it only cost me $180 off contract.

My question is, would it be worth upgrading to the G5 from this? LTE and the higher screen resolution would be nice but I also worry about battery life and build quality, plus dat camera bump is ugly af compared to my phone's nearly flat exterior. Should I maybe wait for those Nokias, or just not bother at all?

Nah try /csg/ Wait.

Yeah.

G5+ battery life is great, camera is f1.7 aperture so decent shots in low light conditions, SD625 SoC with Quick charge, but to be honest man quick charge alone is a reason for upgrading from a 2G Moto G

But G5 as in regular is not getting great reviews because quick charge isn't available on it, the screen isn't as good and apparently screen brightness will kill the battery quick, also apps like Snapchat make it struggle so take that FWIW

Moto G4 for 130€
Yay or Nay?

No.
Zuk Z2.

Samsung S8+ or Oneplus 3T?

I've had enough of chink phones for a while, nothing but trouble and non-existing support or RMA. I at least want to buy from local sellers.
Besides, the ZUK Z2 costs almost twice as much, so that's a big no-no.

S8 normal
S7 Edge
g5 plus

I'm verizon or i'd go 3t

I hate the pixel's design.

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-zuk-z2-4gb-64gb
It's 150€ what are you on about?

G4 a shit. overheating, crap camera, ghost finger touch issues, etc.

>tfw the Galaxy S8+ is longer than my dick.

Samsung S8+ or the Huawai P10+?

S8+. Huawei a stinky chinky:
gizmochina.com/2017/04/17/did-huawei-cut-corners-huawei-p10-storage-benchmark-results-shows-they-did/

>fell for the large phone meme (too damn big, impossible to use one-handed)

>fell for the on-screen buttons meme. have to swipe for them to appear in many cases, scams me out of 0.5" of screen space in every situation apart from full screen video, and not at all satisfying to press

>fell for the stock Android meme (basic in-built features missing; have to rely on botnet 3rd party apps)

>fell for the LCD/IPS meme (ok the more even battery drain is nice but the backlight glow at night is awful)

>fell for the 2GB RAM meme (thought it would be enough as in a loner so i don't use tons of chat apps... but it still wasn't enough)

>fell for the non-fingerprint meme (I hadn't totally given in to the botnet yet). it would be so useful to have ;_;

How could I mess up so badly in ONE (1) phone purchase?

Reposting from other bred:

So i had the Note 2 (as my first smartphone -- i stuck to my fliphone for too long) and it crapped out...then i got a Nexus 6 and it has recently gone to total shit: everything loads slow as fuck, camera is shitty wont charge sometimes etc, and i really tried to be gentle with both

What im asking is -- i literally just want a phone that is above all reliable, but also has a good camera and doesnt have a shitty ass processor or whatever.

USA, Sprint, budget is like...$600 or less??, and i dont care what size in the slightest, but big phones are cool.

Thanks

Finally flashed Android Lollipop on my "Ubuntu edition" BQ Aquaris M10 tablet.

What should I do after rooting and putting AdAway on it?

>(basic in-built features missing

Such as?

Not trolling, geniunely wondering

Xposed
You're kinda fucked cause your on Sprint but look into the LG G6 or a Moto Z

Is it worth getting a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 for €180?

I have a Galaxy S4 for almost 4 years now. Is the front camery any better on the Xiaomi? Is it faster in general?

Overpriced chinkshit, those guys at huawei think they can sell their phones at premium prices when they're barely any better than xiaomi, and at least those guys don't rebrand snapdragon SoCs and call them their own inventions.

I guess the Plus is not much bigger or more expensive so it is probably alright. I don't really like super-sized phones and I find 5" to be a good compromise in the absence of something the size of my old HTC One V.

Snapchat fucking struggles on all Android phones regardless of specs because it is a piece of shit program written by iOSphiles. One of my friends has a Blackberry Priv, which despite being a powerful phone, still has noticeable Snapchat lag. Not as bad as mine, but it's there.

A decent music player, to start

most important for me, a built-in call blocker/filterer.

Then there are a couple of unimportant but annoying things. stock is too minimalist. doesn't even have a 'clear all' key for recent apps, you have to swipe them all manually. doesn't show percentage for battery, have to swipe twice to see it. stupid shit like this. minimalism is bad when it makes tasks more tedious.

yes also a music player.

Samsung also has gestures n shit, which i liked. And that's the s series, not even the note series.

No. get the Zuk z2 instead.

is the oneplus 3t worth getting?

depends on for what price you can get it

Here in germany it costs the same as an S7 which makes it a bit pricy. If you can get it sub 400$ it should be a great deal tho

BRING BACK SAMSUNG SX Mini PHONES

any Honor 8 owners willing to post some photo samples?

why?
they were inferior to any other competitor in their price range
even their new A series has better value than an s5 mini for 350$ (at the time)

>400$
in the uk it's £399 for standard, samsung s7 is 529 for less memory and no quick charging

Just got a Nexus 6p, what custom rom should I install?

My stock Android phone displays the battery charge level. Maybe there is just some setting you haven't fucked around with?

I hear you on the music player though. When I used to have my Galaxy S3 the stock Samsung player did everything I needed it to with minimal fuss. I've since gone back to using my old iPod as a music player because all the ones I've come across on Android have been either slow, clunky, botnet, cluttered or some combination of the aforementioned qualities. Nothing like the iPod interface out there: just get shit done. I don't want fucking discography and band photos pulled from the Internet, I want to get in my car, plug the fucking thing in and play shit.

works on tmobile, mostly need something to text would be nice if it had a web browser. Budget sub $100

BLU R1 HD, but you need Amazon Prime to get the 2GB RAM model for $99

I'm an AT&T customer in the US looking for a new phone. I'm eyeing the Oneplus 3 & 3T but I've heard that they can have issues with getting AT&T LTE to work properly. But I also know that people have gotten these issues resolved so I'm not exactly worried if it becomes a reality. Does anyone have a better recommendation in that price range?

is the 5" Pixel small enough to use with one hand? all I've had lately is huge phones

Honor 8.

It depends on your hand's size, manlet.

i'm not buying some obscure chinese telephone friend

I'm 5'4

You're an uber-manlet, and the pixlel is the worst piece of shit ever creater.
kys yourself.

what is wrong with Sprint? I was thinking about maybe switching anyway, who is better?

5'4 isn't really "manlet", i'd say that's like 5'2 and below

I'm 5'2 and I can use my 5" Redmi 3 fairly well.

Using those one-handed keyboard modes really helps, even if you can reach the other end of the screen. Because you don't have to stretch your thumb as much.

Found the drumpflets.

found the retard

Can't hear you from up here.
When will they learn?

This.

5'4" is definitely manlet. Anything under 5'6" is, and that's pushing it.

I came from Sprint and went the prepaid route using AT&T towers, and I haven't looked back
You have way more choices for phones and at least where I live AT&T is better than Sprint
And I only pay like $40 for 8GB

Okay so something really weird happened... I flashed latest Lineage OS on my phone and after rebooting when I tried to decrypt it complained my password was incorrect... Tried several times but it still said it wasn't the correct password. Rebooted and then entered my password, it then said "reboot your device to unlock phone" which I did and then upon the next boot I entered my password and this time it was accepted. Does anyone know why this happened? Did some file get corrupted during update and then Android restored it or what the fuck happened?

>cunt
America

>carrier
Verizon

>budget
If I need to cut back on the budget I'd probably get a moto G5. But I need advice on which higher end phone to get.

>features
Micro SD, so no pixel
Stronger than my LG lucid 3, although size I'd be fine with similar dimensions

These 3 caught my eye.

>buying xiaomi
Blame yourself.

S8 easy.

Don't get the DROID. Verizon is ingrained in the DNA of that thing and you'll never get away from their bullshit spyware.

What browser do you prefer to use on android anons?

how is it? every pajeet says battery life is shit in lineage os and rr so i just installed superman rom until the aosp roms can be daily drived

Brave. It's chromium with built in ad & script blocking.

I compile Firefox Nightly from source

How's the battery drain?

Same as chrome, so really low.

What's the least botnet weather app?

Why wouldn't they work? The bands are the same

Don't buy the Mediatek version, this is the one you want
s.aliexpress.com/Qr6R7fq6

>obscure chinese telephone
Made by the 3rd biggest smartphone manufacturer in the world

Ukfag

What is the best mid range camera i can get? Specs are not important.

Choices should be mid 250quid at most so g5 plus, honor 6x, j series, etc

And how do they compare to the 410quid galaxy s7 camera? Can they even be 85% as good?

Yeah, i'd say 5'8" is the shortest you can be without being "short". 5'4" "not really being a manlet" is fucking hilarious. Its like when fat people argue whos legit fat, and whos just jumping on the bandwagon(fats vs deathfats)

Honor 6X has a damn good dual can setup and they got upgraded to Nougat IIRC
G5+ has got a good camera as well with a f1.7 aperture, and from what I recall the Moto G5+ sports the same camera sensor as the Samsung just without OIS, also it's running basically stock nougat and it's launcher is like an updated Google Now launcher with swipe up for the app tray

Hey. So I've got a budget of $175, but I can bump that up to 250 or even 300 if it's worth the upgrade. Right now have Samsung Galaxy Express3, and it's driving me nuts.
Best budget phone?
I'm going to have AT&T.
I'm looking for something with good cameras, not just the rear one.
Has to have at least 3gb RAM
USB-C is also imperative
I don't care about storage if it has a microSD slot.
Dual-Sim not important.
I would appreciate the help.
Right looking into a Nextbit Robin, but I heard it snaps in half.
Also looked at the ZUK Z2 and Huawei Honor 6X
Sadly, I can't get a Oneplus 3T, as they are out of budget but I'm wondering in the Oneplus 2 is still worth it.

*cries in corner*

if the camera isn't the most important thing you can give Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 a shot.

When the camera is very important, your can already get an S6 for 300$

Is it just that Aliexpress store or all of them?

Honor 8
Moto G5+

They say the g5 plus camera is shittier than the g4 plus which doesnt seem to make sense.

Also the pics seem worse than s7 even rho the cameras the same

Dont understand.

The Snapdragon is an octa-core, right?

The only more or less trustworthy thing I found

ZTE Blade V8 Pro, I'm rocking one right now and it's tits
Ignore this dude because neither of them have USB-C, but the Blade V8 Pro does and it has a 3.5mm headphone jack

It's not shittier, I haven't read one article that states the G5+'s camera being worse than the previous generation
Also it is the same sensor, what makes the difference is the software that's using it, obviously Samsung's camera app is going to be better suited for the sensor than Google photos or Moto's Camera App, but it does take decent shots

Ignore this dude, Honor 8 does have USB C

Ignore this dude, Huawei is trash and it's a $400 phone

Check what LTE bands it has. The reason I'm recommending the global version because it has B20 (800mhz) needed

It's $300 though
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16875606078

If its the exact same ca.era and its just a little software difference ahouldnt the g5 plus be head and shoilders above all other mid phones and on par with flagships?

Ppl dont seem to be saying that

what's a good phone to replace my s3 ? i have a budget around 300$