VSC = Atom killer

VSC = Atom killer

>Expect Vimfags any moment now OP

I switched from Atom to VSC about a month ago. I was really impressed and I'm going to stick with it. It's useful and makes my coding experience smoother. With VSC I feel like my editor cares about me and was made by people who understand the frustrations that come with coding. It's a bit ugly out of the box but with a nice icon pack and a nice theme it can look fantastic.

>VSC = Atom
ftfy. literally both are the same garbage based on electrum

13% cpu use for rendering a blinking cursor lelel
Telemetry baked in reach binary lul

atom is much slower for some reason

because its built by retards at github writing coffeescript.

>coffeescript

I use SublimeText; tell me why its bad

It's not.

not open source so it's a botnet

It's made by Microsoft. Just as I don't use Chromium because of Google, I won't use VSC because it has been made by Microsoft

I actually like and use both. VSC is better for larger projects and atom is nice for a file or two. Yes vim is good too and I use it as well.

kek

Using any software made by microsoft makes you a cuck

so if I make software for microsoft im cucking everybody that uses it?

I use IntelliJ for all of my work: Java, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, SQL, and now C#.
Switching environments is a waste of time.

Not really. Microsoft is cucking you, taking advantage of you, and using your software to cuck others.

Unless you actually make the decisions at Microsoft, you're just a low tier cuckold.

Microsoft is known for paying developers very badly and having shitty benefits compared to other companies their size. You're a cuck if you work for them.

Cool you work at Microsoft. Feel validated yet user?

This is the dumbest shit. It's one thing to debate merits of software because of performance (ie. "VCS runs on electron!") but saying that simply because the software was made by a certain company it's bad is level 99 retard. inb4 botnet

>literally open source

stay mad retardfags. Sure, maybe vim, sublime, or whatever the fuck you use has some merits to this, but those merits aren't "wasn't made my microsoft hurr durr", they're actually things.

i don't actually

but making you think I do is what really gets me going

Cool you insulted someone who works at microsoft, living a comfy ass lifestyle working on state-of-the-art tech, which is probably fun as fuck, and getting paid $100k+ to do it. Feel retarded yet user?

THIRTEEN
P
E
R
C
E
N
T

>this much damage control
Yes, I'm sure your shoebox in Palo Alto or Redmond is positively palatial. How goes the HoloLens literally built by third party contractors? Has your social media integration team managed to fix the headache problem?

FFS, I don't even hate Microsoft, but anyone who damage controls this hard drives me up the goddamn wall.

>
>>this much damage control
>Yes, I'm sure your shoebox in Palo Alto or Redmond is positively palatial. How goes the HoloLens literally built by third party contractors? Has your social media integration team managed to fix the headache problem?
>FFS, I don't even hate Microsoft, but anyone who damage controls this hard drives me up the goddamn wall.

Just reread that and realize you're mad about dumb shit and then consider suicide

Not an argument, my underpaid friend.

Have a nice day, my fellow browsers of the Sup Forums board ^_^

post your rice'd vscodes

Completely honest question here. What do editors like Atom, VSC, or SublimeText offer that Notepad++ doesn't offer? If you need more features why not use an IDE?

debugging capabilities

IDEs, while rich in features also tend to be quite restrictive in terms of customizing it to suit your preferences.
A heavily customized text editor can basically function like an IDE, but you have to set everything up yourself via plugins etc.

This desu.

>works at microsoft
>fun as fuck

It's really not, but I wouldn't say it's suffering either. vOv

>hard
>drives
I see what you did there