/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

old thread: What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

rgho.st/private/8mdW4GGqL/9427ccdaec8a3fae5bf6e36506c6bd25
jesusnjim.com/
blogs.oracle.com/darcy/entry/unsigned_api
github.com/EZ3CHI3L
github.com/nilesr/Eternity2
projecteuler.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Rust

go away satan

Also, check'em

Fuck off, Jesus

What language will let me write down axioms using first order logic and then let me program with them?

of course Satan would endorse Rust

>first order
STLC i think

What is the real world application of predicate logic?
It looks like academic wank.

Literally Prolog

What logic Prolog does?

How do you people stay productive on your thinkpads(laptops)? I'm a desktop user, I use my desktop fucking 16 hours a day. Even though my laptop is 1080p I still feel cramped on it and I can't get anything done. I'm considering a little 13" USB monitor for it but I'll look a sperg using that in college and I'm already kinda fat and dress like a poor so

I'm pretty sure it's constructive.
>real world
How do you determine if a world is real?

Forgot about it. Thanks.

Prolog, it's useless.

FOL

I have a use for it, so it's already not "useless".

cirno ftw

I have a thinkpad with 1280x800 resolution and it's not difficult at all.
I don't even use workspaces, I just alt+tab between open windows.

Have you ever tried programming on a phone?
When you can't even display 80 character lines without truncating?
That's cramped.

Is there a Project Euler for dummies?
I'm looking for some easy programming challenges that require little to no math.

What use?
What will you make in it?

Use it for long enough and you become used to it.
I move a lot so a desktop was impractical for me, now I just do my job normally on my 15 inch 1080p laptop.

Can you recommend any UTF-8 characters that look like "n" and "N" other than 6E and 4E? I need a replacement for these letters that wouldn't be noticed unless you looked at the code, I don't care if it looks funny it Times New Roman or some other font like that, I'm doing a thing in monospace and with little pixel density.

Does it matter? Any use would be sufficient to say that it's useful.

I mean I can do it but in general it's just not enjoyable. Maybe I'll try to use my laptop more at home to get used to it. I only use it at school, the second I get in the door I plop down at my desktop, yet whenever I take out my laptop I think to myself "damn this thing is so nice why don't I use it more"
You know, it's not just programming either, pretty much anything that isn't Sup Forums I suck at on the laptop. Even just working on multiple choice questions, it feels way way slower than on my desktop.

what about aleph?

what are you even asking

I'm lonely. Just wanted to chat

Your problems are banal and the way you describe your life makes me glad I'm not you.

Lose weight, fatty.
I bet you don't even program outside of class.

Daily Programming Challenge!
Implement pow(-a, b) in x87 assembly.

>who could be behind this post.jpg
I'm only using A-z and a-z characters anyway.

wait is aleph jewish?

it's used in most jewish texts, but yeah it works in my case, I'll give it a try, thanks for the suggestion.

Is modulo expensive, or can I assume all CPUs do the intel thing where integer division always produces a dividend + remainder and the remainder is fetched instead of the dividend?

I don't, I have a vague interest in it at best. More interested in hardware. Problems are banal because I go to great lengths to live as simple a life as possible. I keep no one around so I don't have to answer to anyone or explain myself. I'll lose weight if I ever decide to get a girlfriend, comfy right now.

Why are you so bitter? Try smiling when you're on Sup Forums, it'll reflect in your posts and make more people's days better. That's why we all work with computers right? To make people's lives better through technology.

they ruin everything

Oh don't worry, I'm having fun deconstructing your life and having you spill your heart out in the programming thread of an anime imageboard.

Get some friends, being alone for long periods fucks with your mental state, having to maintain appearances with people fprces you to take care of yourself.

simple bst in java for a class

rgho.st/private/8mdW4GGqL/9427ccdaec8a3fae5bf6e36506c6bd25

That would defeat the whole purpose though, I live like this so I don't have to worry about maintaining appearances or relationships. I suppose I'll have to clean up when I start looking for work. Nothing wrong with having a conversation. Do you program for fun? I'm just lacking motivation lately. It's definitely enjoyable, nothing rivals finally getting something to run or compile.
Maybe that's the ticket guys. Program like people play video games until you become a master at it like a WoW nerd is a master. They know everything about every class and item in the game and the metagame. If you got to that point with programming you could earn really good money, maybe even enough to have a girlfriend.

can you NEETS do a DPT without anime for once?

jesusnjim.com/
who is this guy and why does he remind me of terry?

A /dpt/ without anime is not /dpt/

I suggest you clean up now before you become so entrenched in your ways that you become a neet 0.0001s after graduating.
The whole reason you go to university is to build connections, nobody NEEDS to go to college to learn programming, ignoring the people aspect of college is going to cripple you in more ways than one.

Also, are you on the autism spectrum?
You sound like it.

anime imageboard

Link doesn't work.

/dpt/ was anime-less this weekend

What happens?
This file since to be downloaded two times already.

looks like a nice book, but the layout really annoys me for some reason.

>in x87 assembly
You lost me.

Keeps loading.

Nevermind, fucking phone refused to connect.

dpt, I'm sad

Another personal milestone reached!

I just wrote a text and saved it to a file using my own text editor.

i'm sadder
windows refused to boot, writing from linux atm

That's really good!

What language did you write it in?

C++ using Windows API, Direct2D and DirectWrite

It's a silly thing, but i'm proud.

Nah that's good. I've been wanting to experiment with using direct OS/hardware APIs but I'm still too shite lol.

well shit, thought I beat depression but it's kicking in again.
wat do, Sup Forums?

>he fell for the depression meme

>Is there a Project Euler for dummies?
but that is project euler

nice work tbqh

codewars

make snake in pygame or love2d

Does anyone else find Project Oiler boring?

It's literally just "here is well-defined problem, please recall or google the solution kthx"

ye
time based contests is where the action is

it's up to you if you google it...

rate my method faggots
int check(char *d)
{
int i;
for (i = 0; i < count; ++i) {
if (!strcmp(e[i], d)) {
return 1;
}
}
return 0;
}

what's e, faggot?

2d char array
char *e[20];

it's a function not an method

What is this graph user?

github contributions

global i'm assuming? that's bad form

Ah, silly me. Thanks.

C++ or Rust? Why?

yes global.

basically, its a table that stores names, and i use that function to not print repeated elements.

some kind of """hash table""""

>current year
>having a fucking global variable
>having a fucking global variable named "e"

i changed names before posting

How to deal with the fact that there are no unsigned data types in java???

I made one of those in python, pretty nice feel - well done user

Send the two limbs at the sides of the fountainhead of your physical being into conduits of striped cotton. Only then can you master the writing of laws in letters and numbers

blogs.oracle.com/darcy/entry/unsigned_api

>tfw nobody will ever contribute to your projects on github

Maybe I will

Have you considered making it more friendly to women of color? Maybe people feel alienated by exclusionary or ableist rhetoric? Something to consider

It's a great feel. I get to do it all myself and call the project my very own.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CONTRIBUTE IF YOU DON'T POST YOUR GITHUB, FAGGOT?

I'm not a programmer but if I were I'd feel really uncomfortable about working on something that has been posted on Sup Forums...

github.com/EZ3CHI3L
Currently figuring out image scaling and stuff, eventually gonna implement a real GLSL bicubic b-spline interp.
Some dood even made a cheap pygame knockoff of my program: github.com/nilesr/Eternity2

>github.com/EZ3CHI3L
explain your website

>imperative language doesn't have switch/case construction

>C doesn't have switch/case construction

kys

C isn't the only imperative language, you know?

which one are you talking about?
>Ada
>ALGOL
>BASIC
>Blue
>C
>C++
>C#
>Ceylon
>COBOL
>D
>eC
>FORTRAN
>GAUSS
>Go
>Groovy
>Java
>Julia
>Lua
>MATLAB
>Machine language
>Modula-2, Modula-3
>MUMPS
>Nim
>Oberon
>Object Pascal
>OCaml
>Pascal
>Perl
>PHP
>PROSE
>Python
>Ruby
>Rust

About every language without switch/case construction.

Probably a stupid question, but I'm trying to learn some PHP.

I chose to learn by making a family website where I'll be putting up pictures from over the years, so everyone in the extended family can both see and upload their own pictures. Especially newly digitalised photos from way before smartphones and shit. Just for fun really.

Anyway. Basically my question is this: How do I, by a link or something similar, generate a custom page, where the link passes a value from my mysqli database?

I've only been learning for a few days. Any help is appreciated.

projecteuler.net/

A type system that eliminates scope creep

wtb some some easy to medium level project idea
going to use C++ or Rust

>I can't use if! it is 0.0001% slower!

asm

What do you mean "mount" them locally?

Can you just stream/download the files from that URL and then play them once they're downloaded, organized, and named?