DOOM on an A12-9800

DOOM on an A12-9800.
Is this the greatest game engine ever made?

youtube.com/watch?v=HeyPPLCGR44

Laptop-tier CPU and it doesn't drop below 30fps.

Other urls found in this thread:

3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?topic_id=1462
youtube.com/watch?v=kYH7eVp6r6I&t
youtube.com/watch?v=nUVXAl0dgYY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

was that supposed to be impressive?

What are the settings? If they're at max or high settings then it's very impressive.

>Is this the greatest game engine ever made?
Pretty much. I remember seeing a video of a guy with a Pentium 4 running Doom atound 30fps with OpenGL.

>65W
>laptop tier cpu
maybe in 2003, but not today :^)

1368x768 high settings. Entry level GPU market territory.

The A10 was able to run BF4 at 1080 with fairly high settings. Is this shit worse then that?

I feel that with 3200 mhz RAM, it'd probably still keep over 30fps at 1080p.

Doom looked pretty good.

that's some impressive shit to be quite honest with you family member

glad i invested in the 1070 mini.

even on first gen i7 980 6GB ram, i get rock solid 75fps on ultra. dunno if its higher or not, just had the fps display on as i played through and i wasnt about to turn off vsync.

That's actually pretty cool

Not bad but i'm more interested if it's playable on 1600x900.

I'd be a lot more impressed if it could get those number with an actual 14 year old Radeon 9800, you faggot.

I3 6100 with 1050ti ran this in dx12 full 60fps with no spikes or drop at ultra max.

The game engine is honestly dated tech believe it or not, just updated with newer API and blur tech here and there.
If the guy they hired from cryengine team decides the project will have a huge function change you will get another tech demo in a few years.
Now it's up to zenimax budget to determine whether they do a huge overhaul.

When doom 3 release back then the game had all graphic cards from ati 9800pro to fx5900 crawling on floor due to the massive dynamic shadow and bump mapping they had.

Half life 2 and Far Cry was part of the big release back then. They all contributed unique engine functions and capability.

I'm glad you see how clever my attached image was.

I bet it would be with faster RAM. But not on 2400, as long as playable just means 30 minimum.
They can also be overclocked on a B350 AM4 board. Definitely would then.

I'm sure Raven Ridge will shit on these in a few months, but that performance of both the CPU and the game engine on a 28nm APU is quite impressive.
Literal $250 builds that can play BF1 and Doom on high settings. (if they sold to consumers)

Before i got my i3 i wanted to get the amd APU for portable game/work machine where i could lug around my home and my parents. Unfortunately there isn't much choices from the FM2+, which is all m-atx.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the APU from what i see.

I don't think the game would even start.

Yeah.
AMD fell behind while they were stuck on 32/28nm due to their deal with GloFo and intel was on 14nm.

I can't fucking wait for them to make that 7w TDP AM4 part and it wind up in tablets.
Then I can take the 7w chip out of that, put a 35w one in, and emulate Dolphin, PSCX 2, and all that shit on it in a portable like a Switch that actually has games and better resolution.

for keks I put a 2400xt in my pc and got 3fps in fo4 absolute min settings

not that guy but the image baited me hard

back in the day someone got doom3 (2004) running on 2 voodoo 2s (circa 1998 tech)

3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?topic_id=1462

youtube.com/watch?v=kYH7eVp6r6I&t

I had that GPU, and i never regretted getting it. It kept my poorfag ass in business for years.

If the Raven Ridge APUs step things up a bit then Intel are about to be BTFO again. Suddenly going to be pretty hard to justify that Pentium and bottom-end GPU in poverty rigs.

Got to be some sweaty heads under some Intel branded yarmulkes. Left with literally only one CPU that's worth the silicon it's made out of. i3 ded. i5 ded. Now Pentium ded.

I think we'll be looking at rx550 levels of performance and that card exists to xfire with raven ridge

very impressive

>Laptop-tier CPU
kys

it's a relatively good engine but this isn't mind-blowing or anything and you can't compare a corridoor shooter to open-world RPGs with lots of foliage etc

youtube.com/watch?v=nUVXAl0dgYY

>open-world RPGs with lots of foliage
Funny how literally every one of those is on the most horrific abortion of an engine that still executes, but everyone thinks its because open world games are demanding.

550 exists because windows requires a gpu to run and their cpus have no gpu.

the high end cpus are in the intel E performance brackets along with high end desktop, which already have gpus

the r5 was for mid to high end gaming and normal pc use, a portion of these people have no gpu

piss die space away adding a gpu many people may never touch, or put out an ultra low end gpu for people who just need windows to work?

the i3 is dead by 1500
the i5 is dead by the 1600
the i7 is hard to justify with the 1600x at 250 and the 1700 at 320
the pentium is still a 'viable' option for a poverty build... till amd puts out their apus and just skull fucks intel's entire lineup.

I'd love to play it on my old 700MHz/32MB Intel 815 IGP at the time, but I couldn't.