What jobs can you get with Haskell skills?

I am beginning to delve into Haskell and really enjoy it. Where could I get hired?

CEO of a Haskell using start up.

Cashier
Waiter
Drug dealer

why aren't there any jobs in haskell programming?

*blocks your path*
this way, kid

stop listening to Sup Forums you fucking retard

Why would someone want software written in Haskell, how much would they be willing to pay for it, and how soon would they need it?

i already browse /sci/ Sup Forums Sup Forums /k/ i really dont want to be infected with a new board to browse

got a point

idk. thats what im asking you

also sauce

coachelle. last night

I have also spent the last couple years learning haskell and purescript, and like them both.

There are companies hiring for haskell more and more, but it is still very small. Mostly I see these jobs posted on twitter by haskellers and other "functional jobs" accounts.

People saying do a startup and use haskell are correct as that is the common case imo, so try to connect with these small startups.

Haskell is conceptually very different from other languages, so can't just train a bunch of java/ruby guys for your team.

That said there are jobs, just fewer and not in large corporate teams. Facebook does have a haskell product for spam filtering, but of course it is just a tiny part of what they do.

Standard Chartered in Singapore is one large corp that I have seen hiring for haskell lately.

What is the most popular functional language that is being hired for?

Is she on top of a black dude?

>EDM
>blacks
I don't think so.

Well, I don't have enough info to say. Now that I think about it, I just follow a few haskellers and they retweet some of the functional jobs stuff.

I remember seeing a chart or something though a while back, and scala is much more well adopted than haskell, clojure, erlang.

It's more of flexible OO/functional hybrid language though.

"Hygiene Technician" aka Toilet cleaner

chicken?

Possible promotion path all the way up to "sanitation engineer"

I hear Scala and Clojure seem to be popular. Is learning Haskell a waste of time then?

Knowing the concepts of functional programming will make you a better programmer overall, so no, it's not a waste of time.

Cool -- I'll continue learning Haskell then, thanks.

Janitor

There is a nigger mule right there tho.

Facebook uses Haskell to find spam.

I'm sure there's jobs if you look.

Only person strong enough to support this Greek goddess

You can always learn Scala after learning Haskell. Haskell is more restrictive and forces you to learn FP properly.

>CEO
>programming
kek