Why is 480p and lower still not 60fps on YT?

why is 480p and lower still not 60fps on YT?

wasnt the excuse that flash couldnt render it or something, but now its HTML5

i know for a fact you can stream at 60fps cause i did it before with explit and obs

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Levels
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because that would be fucking pointless. They reencode the videos so that would just mean longer processing time for minimal gain.

also why do they jump from 480p to 720 but nothing in the 500 or 600 range

yet they have 4 resolutions from 144-240-360-480

I'm glad you're not in charge, both suggestions are useless

Because 480 is for the low bandwidth users?

I mean seriously nigga, this is like 2 seconds of critical thinking

>bandwidth has tiers of throughput
>a bunch of resolutions under 500
>huge gap
>720
>hugh gap
>1080p
>then tiny gaps
>1440
>2000

oh but rendering 480p at 60 is wasting resources, not 4k live streaming cochella

Almost every jump is an increase of about 50% you ning nong. Also it's way cheaper to store a bunch of tiny formats than a bunch of bigger ones.

>paying for youtube
wew

its free for 6 months with google music, i signed up to test it out before going back to spotify

>google music
>2017
>pays for music
2Xwew

Because their 720 have a bitrate of 480.

the fuck?

its afree streaming service dumbass, it had a premium version that came with the 6 mo free for simply making an account

i randomly used it when shitposting in rossmann's stream and didnt even realize it was the Red enabled account

>he entered his credit card details for free mp3 gibs
I can't wew enough.

Free UNLIMITED mp3s, nigga. An entire music collection in the palm of your hand.

>he embraced the botnet
∞ wew

probably because if you need to stream at 480p you're probably bandwidth-starved, and sending 60fps would be more intensive than sending 30fps.

why are you guys looking for complex technical reasons for this shit? is there some kind of game you're all playing where contriving a retarded convoluted rationale for shit gets you points?

>he doesn't get logarithmic scaling
stop posting, nigglet.

Any other alternatives that are well-organised and allow listening to albums in a quick and convenient way?

>showed his credit card info for some nigger music and embracing the botnet
Keep spinning the wheel hamster.

Because there are specific hardware decode levels they are targetting to support a wide variety of devices else they would have to play at even lower resolutions.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Levels

Not to mention 60p/50p is not defined for any broadcast standard before HD which means there isn't enough video content out there to take into account.

Because the human eye can´t see above 30 fps

Whew lad