Mrw someone mentions Texas

>mrw someone mentions Texas

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mVYVPobup6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

These americentric jokes in cartoons always made me cringe as a kid.
You know the cartoon has international appeal and yet you think it would be a good idea to throw a stupid fucking american joke that only americans will understand or care about.

But it was made by Americans in America for Americans. Do you cringe at Japanese-centric jokes in anime just because it's good enough to be enjoyed world-wide?

I feel the same way about political "jokes". No matter what side you are on, they always seem desperate and unfunny to the majority of people who are indifferent.

Not even comparable

They're both extremely focused and apparently funny to only a small group of people.

But the majority of people who watch American cartoons are Americans, that's not exactly niche. Political jokes are made to be inherently divisive and exclusionary.

I think the only cringy part is when they don't adapt the joke. Like, how the hell non-american kids would understand?

>majority of people who watch American cartoons are Americans
How much of a bubble do you live? The whole world watch american cartoons

Texas is pretty iconic even outside the Americas. Chile even stole their flag.

>Like, how the hell non-american kids would understand?

Most kids in general don't understand bantz so who cares?

Is it just me, or do Texas posters on Sup Forums always seem gay?

>The flag of Texas was designed and adopted on 25 January 1839; whereas Chile's flag was adopted 22 years earlier on 18 October 1817.

I'm memeing. The rest of my statement stands.

don't mess with texas fag

>don't mess with stupid fag

ftfy

Howdy fellow Texan.

Fuck off California. The drought needs to kill you faster

>Character is repeatedly stated to be from Texas, proud of being a Texan, and to be missing Texas
>Fucking Americans how are the Brazillian chilluns supposed to understand this humor of the character insulting a state.

You're a fuckin pinhead.

hoo u calin pinhead

This is something I now obsess over when rewatching old cartoons. thanks Sup Forums

out of curiosity how did they adopt sandy's accent to portuguese? did she have any particular regional accent?

You're a retard, when I saw that episode as a kid I giggled. I didn't know what Texas was but I knew sandy came from there and was a proud Texan.

For all I care it could've been a fictional place and it would still be funny to a kid.

There was no inside joke to it.

>mfw this actually aired on television

Texans BTFO by spongebob

>spongebob is watched internationally

is this true?

spanish version best version
youtube.com/watch?v=mVYVPobup6A

Guess it's true that Americans don't know anything outside of their own bubble.

That line started out as an anti-littering campaign slogan.
>themoreyouknow.jpg

Always glad to see more Texans

Good. That's how you learn about other countries and their inner workings.

All you needed to know is that Sandy was from Texas and they were making fun of it

Most people here understood it, southern states in America are viewed as inbred, shitty and full of unedcuated poor people here.

I'm sorry but you are just a retard

We have no reason to reach outside of our bubble other than for morbid curiosity, or to study a lack of freedom

Hate to break it to you, it's basically over...unlike in your backwater, podunk state

better than japanese cartoons making jokes about american shit and failing
Dude i literally learned all i know about american culture through jokes and references, american presidents, celebrities, holidays, i would rather not get the joke than hearing another South Park dub tier "adaptation"

Reservoirs here are all full, sorry.

if i remember correctly they either made her talk normally or gave her a hick ish voice

Good God Japanese humor is autistic.