Quieter than noctua

>quieter than noctua
>pushes more air than corsair
>$10

name a quieter fan

Other urls found in this thread:

thermalbench.com/2016/02/12/blacknoise-nb-eloop-b14-ps-and-b14-3-140mm-fans/
pcgameshardware.de/Luftkuehlung-Hardware-217993/Specials/Noiseblocker-Eloop-140-mm-Test-Review-1183359/
youtube.com/watch?v=vPFHM4SfDuU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nexus? Haven't seen them around for a while. They still develop new fans or is it shit from half a decade ago that's still being sold?

why fix something that isn't broken?

>not buying noctua or be quiet

enjoy your fan for a year

Why should we? You didn't.

>Starts rattling after a year

:^)

This. Every single cheapshit sleeve bearing fan I've had started rattling after 1-2 years. All sleeve bearing fans are shit because they wear out much faster than $20+ fluid dynamic bearing fans, especially if they're installed horizontally.

How are Noctua fans loud at all?

Yo is there after market laptop fans? (No cooling pads)

Put a drop of machine oil in the bearing when you buy them, it extends the life by a lot.

I had one and it was good. However, Noctua is better.

I don't care about noise I just want shit to blow hard (like your mum) and last a while

Those are just rebranded Yate Loon fans which have been around for ages. Problem is they're sleeve fans so they have less than average life span compared to most nowadays.

o

Cooler master masterfan pro

What exactly are all these icons telling us?

Tests only test open air noise. The rarely if ever test noise when mounted to a radiator or case. They also leave out that Noctua are one of the few fans that will reliably start up at low rpms like 500 and under.

>have 4 120mm fans
>they all start rattling at low RPM
>crank them up to 70%ish to stop the rattling
>now my tower sounds like a vacuum

All this because I'm too lazy to replace. It's gotten to the point when I actually find the noise soothing, and I can't sleep without it.

not op but I've used a pair of gentle typhoons for well over 2 years, going on 3 with no noise or rattling issues, quieter than my noctuas were and performed a lot better in the airflow restricted intake on my r5
a lot of times i dont think its the performance of the fain in open air, so much as the intent of the fan. since the GT are good at pushing/pulling air through things, they move the same amount of air at slower speeds/quieter speeds
my 2 cents

Noctua is overpriced shit. Try putting an NF-12 120mm fan in your system and open a bunch of tabs in your browser. The jump from 700RPM to 900RPM goes from normal fan noise to jet engine, because of the fixed fan grill blades in the front of the fan.

I'm fucking surprised so few people actually writes this in their reviews on retail store websites. If you have the NF-12, increase the RPM to over 900 and you will hear something that sounds worse than the 290X reference cooler.

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo stock fan is much better because it can't be heard when going from 500RPM to 1000RPM across the room, but the Noctua shit fan can easily be heard.

I feel like Noctua is a bit like Asus or Apple at the moment. High priced products with low quality components. People who say Noctua is good is either hearing impaired, have other components that run at 100% fan speed or is nostalgic about Noctua's products from 2007.

I ordered 2 of these from ebay for $3 each

I'm surprised no other manufacturer has 15 leds because it looks so cool, kind of like a vortex

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR GLORIOUS GODDESS MAKI!! YOU ARE A MIRACLE AND AN INSPIRATION TO A GENERATION! WE LOVE YOU QUEEN OF Sup Forums!!!!!!

Fuck off, Maki's a slut.

My case has 7 of those fuckers, haven't had any issues for years.

Fuck that's the wrong version, it's PK-3 aka 140mm.

Quiet machines are for fucking faggots.

desu the Noctuas I've bought were $15 each. I'll go ahead and pay an extra $5 for that precision Austrian engineering.

the quietest fan in my case. the noctua f12 can't even beat it. too bad its not pwm

I built a black on black rig. Fractal Design Define Mini C Blackout edition case, black G.Skill ram sticks, you get the idea. My goal was for this pc to be a performance pc but also be primarily silent and cool with black aesthetics.

In spite of my desire to have a black pc (stealthy ninja, sleeper pc thing going on), I still chose to add the freaking butt ugly tan-on-brown Noctua fans. Why? I'll tell you why. Because they are absolutely whisper quiet while pushing an impressive CFM of air. I have four butt ugly Noctua NF-F12's in this case and I just barely hear them at full rpm in the middle of night in my quiet apartment while playing GTA V on full ultra settings at 1080p with the game volume on low.

Every nexus fan I tired got PWM tick when spun slow.

arctic cooling products are usually really good and really cheap.
also scythe.

alright, let's assume i use those eloop fans: which CPU heatsink would a Sup Forumsentooman recommend?

Why wouldn't you choose for air pressure on the cpu cooler?

radiator fins are way tighter than the fins on a Tower heatsink. for good airflow you NEED more airpressure on a radiator

best white fans? looking for some to go with the white build I'll be doing.

from top to bottom
air cooled cpu cooler
watercooler
case fans

from left to right
air flow, air balance, air pressure

its telling you what applications each fan are good at. what possible good "air balance" could do if its not a case fan eludes me, though.

friend of me got 3 of those as case fans (+1 120mm as CPU fan)
shit was standing, openly, next to me: i couldn't hear ANYTHING at 1000 RPM.

speccs show the eloop @ 24dB on 1200 RPM, but 1000rpm is fine af.

check out Phanteks PH-F140XP if you want some white fans, speccs look very good too

thanks, will check them out.
still a few weeks away from buying the parts so got some time to look around

>thermalbench.com/2016/02/12/blacknoise-nb-eloop-b14-ps-and-b14-3-140mm-fans/
this review convinced me buying those sweet german fans.

>pcgameshardware.de/Luftkuehlung-Hardware-217993/Specials/Noiseblocker-Eloop-140-mm-Test-Review-1183359/
if you can read or translate this

Enermax fans have a shitload of leds and I don`t even care about leds. These fuckers are way underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=vPFHM4SfDuU

meant to reply

Is the Corsair ML series legit? Will they practically last forever since there won't be bearings that could degrade?

>silent
>not a meme

Thread

I have a 200mm fan, wish I could install it on my PC, but it's too big.

Do you guys think I can put some 120mm fans in my Dell Optiplex 7010? It only has one 80mm fan at the back for exhaust.

got 2 of those non PWM fans
loud af

>pic related

Are they running at full rpm?

Got 2 of em in my case too, they were the only fans around that had a built in temp sensor. they are pretty quiet at half speed, but get kinda loud at full.

both running on half speed, still loud af

cant even controll them either, they r running on 1x 3-Pin

Holy fuck clean your shit.

nah i'm too lazy

Not true. I've been running 6 arctic F12PWM/PST for some years now and not one has issues. They're also like 3-4 times as cheap as your overpriced poo meme.

The gray scythe fans

>gentleman
>start your engines

that's some nice 3000RPM jets you got there

Has anyone used Corsair ML120's?

Its between these and Noctua's for my Hyper 212

I'm still gonna buy noctua, deal with it, fagt.

I got scythe fans in my current (old-ass) rig, it's been running quiet for years. Don't know the model off-hand though

It saddens me that I can't recommend Anemoi of fans since Scythe has stopped making these and buying the original Nidec ones is damn expensive unless you buy hundreds of them and sell everyone but the ones you need.

I use delta fans, bought them in 2009 and they still work well. Haven't noticed any changes in the sound or air flow or anything. They're expensive but it's better than buying a few $7 fans every year

A good and well built system doesn't need any fans to stay at the optimal temperature.

>corsair fans

Using only those in my computers and not single one failed.

They can also be chained to share single fan header.

/thread

These are like $4-5 a pop, fluid bearing, push a lot of air at high rpm and are quiet af at low rpm

why spend more?

>cant even controll them either, they r running on 1x 3-Pin

You are clearly a moron and your opinion is now discarded

Too bad they're loud as fuck when they're running anywhere above 50%.

According to reviews the 120mm ones are extremely good. They do cost a fortune though.

Be quiet silentwings are a more wallet friendly option, and are just about as good.

THICC