New "Server-grade" iMac coming end of this year

New "Server-grade" iMac coming end of this year
I can't wait to get the first server grade all-in-one mac desktop. It's gonna be amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

simbimbo.wordpress.com/2015/07/24/well-im-at-it-again-this-time-with-macbook-pros/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Will it throttle like everything Apple has lately released with a professional-grade label on it

It's probably just server-grade validation used as an excuse to price-gouge.

s a l t

Riddle me this: what server features do you actually need for an AIO desktop? If I want server-grade validation, I could just buy Asus WS motherboards if I'm a retard or go for second-hand server parts.

OP do you believe rumours all the time or just the ones you wish were true

>Next-Gen Xeon Processor
Does this mean it'll have a CPU that hasn't been release yet? Or is "next-gen" just a funny way of saying "current gen"?

>server grade AIO

Can't wait to run my LAMP stack on this!

how many RU will it be?

Does anyone know anything about the E3-1285 v6? A guick google search shows the v4 wasn't anything spectacular.

>server grade
So 2 PSU's, 2 CPU sockets, RAID board?
Oh, nvm, it's server-grade because it has a Xeon, sure.

>Server-grade

They need to refresh that mac mini line.

Mactoddlers need to be rounded up and gassed.

This. I refuse to get an iMac because of the glossy screen and not being able to use the iMac in a monitor mode only to connect to a video game console.

You morons are the worst. You've been explained time and again that if you use matte displays with very high DPI, you get color shifts and then you'd be crying that your 1200$ display looks worse than a 400$ Acer.

>server-AIO

most retarded thing ever

Also the 5K display isn't very good for gaming because it has 14ms response time, and it's only 60hz which is fine for consoles gamers but not for picky PC gamers.

Who gives a fuck though, the machine can't drive anything at that resolution that is not at least 4-5 years old.

>New "Server-grade" iMac coming
This is like when people talk about "military-grade encryption". It's completely meaningless.

Or "military-grade" pickup truck components. It's marketing.

>rack mountable imac

>server grade
I guess that means green seagates, top lols

Mactoddlers will defend this.

>server-grade

Meaningless buzzwords rally grind my gears

think of the e3, e5 and e7's like i3, i5 and i7's
e3's were originally designed as consumer tier xeons, for someones high end gaming pc or some shit, personal servers, budget things
its gonna be a low wattage variant for sure, and probably wont be more powerful

the really good e3's around around current i5 performance, but to keep heat down im gonna put my money on L variants with 25w tdp's

>RAID
>SSD
lol

Are you implying SSDs can't or shouldn't be RAIDed?

>Or "military-grade" pickup truck components.

The ones with military grade aluminum beds?

That's the kind of thing I was referencing, yes.

>computers
>technology
lol

Price gouging for ram and disk upgrades. Under performs, and under spec'd despite being "pro-sumer". Kinda reminds me of something.

Apple trying to 'server' again, ok.

>quad core xeon
>"professional" grade gpu
>"wooow, server grade goy, just $5000 for the base model"

that looks gorgeous!

Ayyy. I had a few sgi boxes up until recently. I would say they were under-spec'd only in the later years when NT boxes became a threat. For a while there really wasn't much of an alternative which allowed them to charge out the ass.

Okay, you got me on that first point. But competition?

Apple products make the best servers, you fucking faggot.

Apple servers only make sense for corps like pixar, they don't need redundancy for rendering. (Jobs was on the board, so highly discounted)

Consumer Apple products in the enterprise market are a meme, xserve failed because linux has total control and works just fine on HP/Dell/Lenovo rack servers.

what's going on here? A heating array for arctic research labs?

simbimbo.wordpress.com/2015/07/24/well-im-at-it-again-this-time-with-macbook-pros/

What a joke, I sure do hope he just did this for clickbait, then sold the laptops for some decent servers.

jesus christ

Read the fucking post in the link. It was for testing. These weren't being used as servers.

Then they shouldn't force us to have a 1.2k display and just let us use the 400$ Acer

E3-1220 v6 if they want to jew