I need a laptop tablet thing

Im an educator at a junior college and need a laptop or tablet that I can ink in on a word doc so that my students do not have to pay for the school printer. They are poor. It is a junior college.

Anyways... Being a teacher, I make barely enough to buy toilet paper, so im on a limited budget. I got about 700 to 900 bucks to spend. The problem I am having is knowing what is worth the money. I looked at Apple Ipads, HP, Asus, Acer, Dell, Microsoft, and something called a Bangin Olufson (spelling?). I am confused as to what will produce a clean line with a stylus. I am not tech savy.

I know that:
PCIe SSD is theoretically 4x faster than SATA.
802.11ac dual channel wifi is good.
1080p res is pretty much a min.
8gig memory is also a min requirement.
And, that a thunder port might be useful.
Oh and 7th generation intel is the latest.

Can someone help me with advice on a good tablet? Will I get these specs under $900?

Other urls found in this thread:

mspoweruser.com/microsoft-may-introduce-a-new-surface-cloudbook-device-that-runs-windows-cloud/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2-in-1 + i7 + 8GB + PCIE SSD = over 1k. I don't really understand your requirements

> need tablet so I can ink in on a word doc so students don't need to pay for school printer

come again

before i answer, let me ask a quick question: what is your favourite anime?

Im looking to make grammar corrections to a word file.

Yea so, i want to make grammar corrections to word docs using a stylus because I hate using the editor's stuff Word supplies.
I like to move fast through student's papers.
I also want specs on my new machine that will be relevant in 5 years.

>PCIe SSD is theoretically 4x faster than SATA.
Pointless meme with zero real world advantages.

>802.11ac dual channel wifi is good.
See above.

>1080p res is pretty much a min.
Ok.

>8gig memory is also a min requirement.
Not hard to find.

>And, that a thunder port might be useful.
It won't be.

>Oh and 7th generation intel is the latest.
Ok.

That meme helps. So, is SATA going to be fine to have in 5 years? I mean, the price really drops if I get. SATA SSD

is thunder port becoming obsolete? What will replace it?

You don't really know what you want. Other than to mark up homework.

The cheapest way to do it, is to buy a galaxy tab A, 200 dollars. Spend another 25 dollars on a good 32gb MicroSD card, spend another ten dollars on software for your PC that converts word documents to PDFs and back to word documents.

Spend another 5-10 dollars on a PDF markup program.

Lastly, buy a Wacom Bamboo smart for Samsung Note stylus for about 35 bucks.

For under 300 dollars you now have a tablet that can mark up homework, upload the PDF to the students profile, and still have a record of the Word document marked up. That you can easily transfer between laptop and tablet with the MicroSD card.

Dell XPS, Lenovo thinkpad, ideapad yogas. Sounds like you could even use a surface pro. If you'll be using a stylus you might want the digitizer in the surface pro. I believe the Lenovo X1 has one too.

Noted. Thanks. I suppose I would like to be able to use it for other stuff too. Maybe Diablo III while im in a teacher's meeting.

What is a digitalizer?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR GLORIOUS GODDESS MAKI!! YOU ARE A MIRACLE AND AN INSPIRATION TO A GENERATION! WE LOVE YOU QUEEN OF Sup Forums!!!!

Digitizer. Sorry

more touchscreen touch points, which gives you more accuracy when using a stylus. really if you'll be doing any sort of drawing you'll want a digitizer.

Fuck off, Maki's a slut.

Need to know if SATA SSD is going to be okay choice for a new laptop. I can afford the dell xps if it has a SATA. Same with a Yoga.

TThnks. Awesome

i didnt have this picture! thank you!

also, from what you've described this can definitely be accomplished on a tablet. they come with digitizers, expandable storage, MUCH cheaper

And the best tablet? I need Sup Forumss advice

yes SATA 3 will be fine and relevent for the next 10 years. PCIe is only really beneficial for compiling and heavy I/O tasks, and even then they're not that much of an advantage over SATA as the marketing hype says they are.

Okay. That is a big help. I was worried that I might get something too slow in 4 or 5 years, but 5 years is about time to get a new laptop anyways.

Think ill go for a yoga or an xps. I think Yoga might be cheaper and Dell has screwed me on stuff in the past. Salesmen lie about shit. Just my experience.

Then you're looking at a tablet that will run you $1200USD minimum.

Just for the specs you want. If you can cope with an atom processor and 4GB of memory then a surface 3 not the surface pro, will do all of that.

honestly don't know much about tablets. Samsungs are quality and pretty cheap. If you need full size USBs maybe surface pro.

Okay. I will consider 4gig. I need to check if that will be okay.

Okay. I dont know about the USB requirements. Ill have to do more study on it.

Getting a new laptop can be laborious if your OCD like me

i hear ya. don't jump on anything. take your time and research.

Microsoft will most likely announce a new surface gadget on the 2nd of may, so the prices of existing products might drop. I recently got the surface book with the dGPU, it's pretty gud.

Spent last two days reading articles and watching youtube videos. I think I will spend a week on research then commit to something on mere intuition.

Thanks for the help.

Okay. Good to know!

here is the source btw
mspoweruser.com/microsoft-may-introduce-a-new-surface-cloudbook-device-that-runs-windows-cloud/

Coming out with three new ones this year. I do not know much about Surface Pros. I need to look that up. In fact, this is the first time i have heard about it. Lol!

I read paper books. The computer is a paper weight. I only recently decided to respond to requests that students hand in word files to save paper.

i will also have to figure out what a cloud is. Sounds like a security risk. Anyways, thanks.