Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d5ZsaavKNR8
youtube.com/watch?v=eaE_6eFaYjs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Use more power than GTX 1080 Ti for less than 1060 performance

TOP KEK

AYYMD REBRANDEON HOUSEFIRES

>I am a coin mining hxrdcxre gamer neet that has gpu under max load 24/7
If you game for 40 hours a month, a solid work week worth, assuming $.12/kwh national avg.
1060 cost $.57/mo
580 XTR cost $1.02/mo

AMD BTFO!! enjoy your house fries
>brushes 200w 7700k under rug

>power consumption doesn't matter when intel does it

whole month what was it?
>3% is still a win
>who cares if it draws 60% more power it performs 3% better
>75C is okay for CPU

fuck you, 3% is still a win and nobody cares about power consumption if it keeps temps under 70C

1600+580 confirmed best budget combo.

In Europe those cards cost an equivalent of $300.

JUST™

How much do you think a 4gb reference card would be?
I'm only in 1080p so I don't need that 8gb and I honestly prefer the looks of the Radeon brick blower cooler over most aftermarket coolers

CLEARANCE SALE ON LAUNCH

BUY ONE GET CURRY FREE

>prefer the looks of the Radeon brick blower cooler

can you see the GPU in your case all the time? no? get a fucking aftermarket cooler card, temps & noise of the blower are just retarded.

>How much do you think a 4gb reference card would be?
it 'should' be around 200 burgers, could be less.

>I honestly prefer the looks of the Radeon brick
There is no more blower cooler. All except 550 get a dual fan and all are aib style cards.
>How much do you think a 4gb reference card would be?
Have to be cheap to be worth it, This 4gb is $199
Nvidia card has the giveaway

Bought my Msi 480 back in October for $199 with a $20 rebate that got me some gas, and Civ6 for free, which I was going to buy anyways. I'll take my bargain and 6 months of gametime over 6 fps.

>Msi 480 199 burger

4 or 8 GB model?

Oh my god that backplate
Muh dick
It can't take it no more

I'm still currently selling my sapphire rx460, so ill have a bit of extra cash to put into a nice card fund
Id really like to see AMD make some batshit crazy thing though.
Rx595x2 when?
Needs to be basically two of those sapphire cards stuck together, 440mm of quad fan 500w glory

>Red Devil Glowing Sample

the only card i actually care about

What should I go for if I want a card that supports a bunch of monitors is worth using for programming?
None of my monitors have DP and I don't want to waste money on throwing away goo functional screens.
DP to anything converters are almost are very expensive where I live (usually around $30)

I don't play games, but I want to get into gpu programming, so something that works well with linux I guess.

is amd even an option here?

get used card with DVIs
any card really that has enough prots

Buy an old 7970 or R9 280 for $65-$85 that supports SIX FUCKING MONITORS.

Also the RX460
You can convert a single display port to 4 outputs. And most RX460s will support 6 monitors in that way.
You can find RX460s for $70 on sale fairly often. Or an RX560 which will be more power efficient.
Any AMD GPU with "EyeFinity support" supports 6 monitors as long as you can get 6 outputs.

Good luck.

WAIT FOR VOLTA
WAIT FOR COFFEE LAKE

You can save up to $50 dollars if you just get a RX 480 instead.

>MSI vs ASUS

any sane soul would buy the msi instead of ANUS

Related
I'm selling my 4gb sapphire nitro 460 on eBay right now
Bidding is at 64$ right now if anyone is interested

That sucks, UK prices are about 20% more than the 480 series

Lets not forget that you can also buy cheap freesync monitor and get incredible experience with this medium-tier build compared to overpriced g-sync garbage.

4gb, but all my games barely pull 2gb.

I am on month 2 of an rma that should have taken 15 days with msi, and can never recommend them to anyone.

what would be better for 1080p gaming? 470 or 570? They are probably drawing the same amount of power, although I still want to wait for more benchmarks.

also
>stutterlake 7600k
>delid_this.bmp
>z270 board only to OC this stuttering mess
>need a very good cooler for this Housefire™

>R5 1600
>any cheap B350 board let you OC to 3.8Ghz
>on a stock cooler

really makes you go 'HHmmmmmmmmmmm'

570 is like 10% faster but it uses a lot more power because it's just an overclocked 470.

>need Nvidia for NN
Shame

are the frameworks for amd gpus that shitty? or are there any at all?

when is the 1060 ti coming out?

Is this bait?
Just in case it's not, only the best card of the generation ie the xx80 gets a ti version, the rest of them are as is. 1050ti is an exception, it came out same times as the 1050.

just get a 1070 if you want the green load inside your ass, while nvidia refresh their lineup soon enough

AFAIK there is nothing from them. Cuda will dominate the next years.

also this

Its a partner launch there is no reference 580 or 570.
You mean the 9Gbps version? No idea

there is open cl as far as I can see but it's nowhere near the same level as cuda. That sucks desu.

got serious coilwine on my 480xfx, so do your research before that, it's good otherwise.

there is no reference 570/580 you fucking retard

>incredible experience
hahaha only amd fags would call 40 fps at 1440p medium incredible experience

i'll keep this in mind

>overclocked rx480
No shit

>tfw was going to buy a 480
>580 comes out for even cheaper
thank u poojeet u r my greatest ally

the Sapphire Nitro+ seems to be the quietest card now, didn't save the graph but you can go figure why with pic related
He just thought AMD would release the dual fan cards that were pictured on the slides.

>THICC heatpipes

muh dick

Sapphire fucked up RX400s but at least these refreshes look like something from fucking Sapphire.

>shitabyte
>msi armor
i'll pass

what does Sup Forums think of POWERCOLOR RED DEVIL? or Powercolor in general, any experience?

source?

Im still mad for that tiny thin shit RX480 radiator.

I have powercolor RX470 and its great! So far very pleased with Powercolor. They were ones of the few Polaris cards that didnt throttle at default power limit.

who the fuck buys a 1060 anyways
The RX480 was already a better choice.

>triple slot

>muh 3 extra fps in this cherrypicked benchmark of a shitty console port
for the most part

> Buy an old 7970 or R9 280
..Or any card with DisplayPort.

So what's the difference between a 580 and an OC'd 480?

that the 500 consumes 1500W without load and 9000W while gaming

>caselet

>comparing GPU's cross generationally
Are AMDtards this desperate?

based Geizhals

:DDDDDDD

It's ok when Intel does it amirite?

and costs 1/4 the price

Nvidia's DX12 and vulkan support are still shit, so the 580 is still the better buy here.

Wait a month and the price will go down, just like every GPU/hardware release.

Doesn't show the cost of a cooler and more expensive motherboard. So that should be an even better deal for AMD.

>w-we still got the high end market!

580 is better. Better power consumption when idle and with multi monitors. Faster, more OC headroom. 480 is just useless now.

Such is life in EU. Need to wait at least a month.

Their Red Devil cards are actually great if priced right.
But not their Red Dragon ones.
And their support is good.

Lots had meh coolers. This refresh is actually quite nice except for MSI's again.

The MSRP is like 170, 210, 250 euro respectively for the models. You're just cucks.

its a 1060/3, vs a 580/8, a 570 would be a better buy

no Witcher 3 on this slide? sad..

rog strix top review, just wait for 9gbps 1060ti kek

listen up meine negers

should buy this or not????

No one Fucking cares about power consumption and spending an extra couple bucks a year for juice.

yes

no

>high test

maybe

Always go with current Gen unless super poorfag.

$199 580/4 for 1080p? Yes
1440p? just get a 1070 or wait for vega/volta.

290X is sufficient of 1080p gaming on single-monitor setup. They can be had for rather cheap and are more than powerful enough for modern games.

Despite this, it may be easier to get a 570, a used 290x/470 may or may not be available dependent on your area and such.

You AMD shills card 2 months ago.

Oh how times change to fit the narrative.

lol?
The RX580 8GB plays almost anything at 1440p. You just have to drop down to "very high" settings on a few titles.

People totally overblow game requirements.

>avg frames
BF1 looks to be the only game on that list that will run 1440p vsync without hitching. What point are you making. Look at your own pic for a minute. You will be turning details down on the 1070 in the near future and the 580 won't keep up.

Hitches generally happen a lot less with a game running around 60+fps, unless you're on an i5.
Hitching usually happens more in games running really high frames where a slight slowdown affects them a lot more.

You could also OC it to at least 1480MHz, and overclock the VRAM a bit more, easily.
And you know, just turn down retardedly high settings that are only there to make the game run worse and not to look better.
People that play on ultra/max are cucks that are getting no visual quality increase and just making their game run worse.
youtube.com/watch?v=d5ZsaavKNR8

What's the best card for 1080p 120hz gaming? I fell for the 1440p meme glad I don't end up for the 4K meme.

I agree with this completely and a lot of benchmarks have a bunch of useless numbers for the consumer
Why don't they show us max resolution/preset/refresh rate instead. I don't care if one card gets 92 fps and another gets 70 if min frames are 60 on both and avg never reaches 120.

This

Sapphire's heatsink gives the impression of being very capable, but hair autist pcb breakdown ruined it for me.
looking at xfx now. Looks promising.

>Gameworks title
You'd have bitched if they had limited tessellation to 16x so I can see why they didn't include it; because it intentionally cripples AMD hardware.

>using vsync
>not having a lfc freesync monitor

I really wish they'd test on reason settings.
Drop them down to where it looks perceptively the same to max/ultra for 99% of people and test on that.

Ultra/max is not there to make the game run better. It's there to make the game run worse on benchmarks to sell GPUs.

Witcher 3 runs better on the RX580, actually.
Polaris improved things so even un-visible tessellation doesn't fuck it so much.

the next in line would be the Asus strix, but I'd like to avoid Asus if possible.
I didn't read anything bad about it, but coming on Sup Forums regularly created an ill will towards that brand in me.

I have 1440p, 144 Hz, FreeSync monitor and still use VSync. It doesn't kick in unless I get to 144 FPS anyway, which is rare, so why not leave it on?

youtube.com/watch?v=eaE_6eFaYjs