/spg/ - Smartphone General - S8 Reviews Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus review: Redemption is here
engadget.com/2017/04/18/samsung-galaxy-s8-and-s8-plus-review/

Samsung Galaxy S8+ review
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8_plus-review-1602.php

Samsung Galaxy S8 review: Simply irresistible
arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2017/04/samsung-galaxy-s8-review/

Xiaomi Mi 6 official - dual camera and four-way curved glass ,Snapdragon 835 chip with 6 gigs of RAM
phonearena.com/news/Xiaomi-Mi-6-is-now-official-phone-will-be-released-on-April-28th-with-SD-835-and-6GB-of-RAM_id93212

Samsung Galaxy S8 Review: The Ultimate Smartphone?(Technigger)
youtube.com/watch?v=nNlTNE1y9DM

Samsung Galaxy S8 Review (Engadget)
youtube.com/watch?v=oV80crWY4HA

Samsung Galaxy S8 Review: Almost to Infinity (Android Authority)
youtube.com/watch?v=up6wM0EBcVk

Samsung Galaxy S8 Review! (Android Central)
youtube.com/watch?v=TxFBBc-oKeo

old

Other urls found in this thread:

honorbuy.com/28-eu-direct
flosmall.com/
grossoshop.net/shipping-from-europe
shop.gizchina.com/eu-direct/
ibuygou.com/categories/eu-direct-1.html
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-letv-le-max-2-4gb-64gb-x829
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-letv-le-max-2-6gb-64gb
youtube.com/watch?v=nNlTNE1y9DM
amazon.co.uk/ASUS-ZENFONE-64GB-BLACK-1000032407/dp/B01L29XI4M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492609436&sr=8-2&keywords=zenfone 3
zukfans.eu/community/threads/7-1-x-unofficial-lineageos-14-1-20170414.4852/
zukfans.eu/community/threads/indian-z2-plus-qpst-official-firmware-zui_2-0-093_st.587/
gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=1&idPhone1=7262&idPhone2=7821&idPhone3=8345
amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Lumia-inch-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B06XRZ473P/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1492611033&sr=8-7&keywords=lumia 950
shop.bt.com/products/microsoft-lumia-950xl-4g-hspa--gsm-32gb-5-7--windows-phone-10---black-a00026079-btbm-BVNN.html?utm_content=RR00&gclid=Cj0KEQjwldzHBRCfg_aImKrf7N4BEiQABJTPKDK9ssYoMuPhlmuAWC3Po_LTS0PJltwIInnpgxz4LbEaAjYE8P8HAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mi6
>no headphone jack
Lol

If the S8+ is already 6.2" large, then what's the point of the Note 8?
Are they gonna make it 7-8"?

I'm only waiting on the note8 because I expect it to be bigger.

>no headphone jack on the mi6

What phone am I supposed to buy right now? This one would have been perfect if it wasn't for this chink logic in it. I really need to change my Xperia Z guys. And I waited for the Mi6 for some time just to get chinked.

where do I buy chink phones if I want to pay with PayPal and without getting fucked by German import fees?

S-Pen is the main difference. They might make it a a bit larger too. Just like how S7 Edge was 5.5" and Note 7 was 5.7"

Not worth the wait for me then.

Only other contender is the mi mix 2.

Honorbuy EU direct
honorbuy.com/28-eu-direct

Flosmall with EU customs protection
flosmall.com/

Grossoshop
grossoshop.net/shipping-from-europe

Gizchina
shop.gizchina.com/eu-direct/

Ibuygou
ibuygou.com/categories/eu-direct-1.html

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here I go.
I have a Mi3 and a Chuwi Hi8 and lately on both of them the Youtube app tends to stutter a lot for no apparent reason, some time even with 480p videos.
Anybody else having problems with it? I assume it has something to do with one of the more recent updates because I never had this problem before.

gearbest

try /csg/

thanks familia

>Xiaomi Mi 6
>no audio jack

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Fucking retarded chinks! Fuck! It seems like the mi mix 2 will not have an audio jack neither and it's the phone I am waiting for!

Anyone have a Le Max 2?

Does the camera have manual mode? What can you change in it?

WTB

OnePlus 3T or wait for them to announce the OP4.

LeEco Le Max 2
>Under $200
>4GB ram, 64GB storage
>1440p display
>Snapdragon 820
>USB Type C
>Official LineageOS build
>Fully compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile bands
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-letv-le-max-2-4gb-64gb-x829

Wasn't there word that x829 has problems? And people generally recommend x820 instead?

this

they had one fucking job

I was waiting for the mi6 only to find it has no jack

fuck this meme

This one is better for $210
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-letv-le-max-2-6gb-64gb

Looking for a cheap new phone that can run most basic apps. I know stuff like instagram which is a basic app requires certain OSs and certain smartphones can't run it at all. Not sure on other apps off the top of my head, or whether cheap tracfones or straight talk phones will work that way.

What's the cheapest I can do both in price of the phone and plan that can do the most? Thanks in advance.

Is it that big of a deal?

Not knowing your location (so I don't know whether to recommend chink phones or not), the Moto G series are a good balance of price/specs/software on the cheap. Moto E if you're really on a poorfag budget. Avoid anything below 8GB of storage.

Unless you get conned by you provider or a brick&mortar store to get some overpriced old garbage they need to get rid of, you'll likely never find a case where a mainstream app is not compatible due to an old version of the OS, as most apps target several versions (API levels, in the Android jargon) being 4.1 (from 2012) usually the oldest. Fragmentation is a meme created by Apple, not an actual problem from the consumer side.

This

Just buy a type-c to 3.5mm adaptor like what Le Eco phones have when you buy them.

>youtube.com/watch?v=nNlTNE1y9DM
Damn, MKBHD always has the best reviews.

This posters should neck themselves. Otherwise, buying it and having to buy a stupid adapter just promotes the practise.

Should I get my S8 in black or silver boys?

Leaning towards black, looks slick but it'll be my 5th black phone in a row so idk what to do famm

I really want a theme for android. but it's 2 dorrars and I can't afford it right now. I've tried googling like a maniac for the apk if its anywhere out there. anyone got a suggestion on how to aquire the theme? google rewards doesn't work in my country.

UnixP

Promotes the practice of what? Buying floppy disks?

silver is ugly and cheap looking

Just style it yourself you dumb bitch.

>Xiaomi 6
>a phone not intended for the western market
>no Band 20 thus

Me NO interest

Except There is no improvement for the end user in removing the 3.5 jack.

S7 or mi5

It's kinda strange as a lot of the Redmi phones do come with B20, but none of the flagships do

seems that mi5s is the phone to get in a month or two price will drop to 220 euros

citation needed

They started coming with B20 after the 3S or 4 I think as they noticed they started selling well in other countries outside of APAC. The Mi flagship series are more of a local thing, especially at the beginning. I'd expect an international version or 6S model with B20 though, there's no way they can keep ignoring the European market.

is this a real post

>want a phone with insanely good camera, other aspects dont matter unless it's seriously gimp with multiple flaws
>s7 is 380 here
>pixl is 550-600+, other flagships 500-550+
>mid phones are 210-260++

So should I just bite the bullet and spend a little extra?

all the mid level phones have some sort of fucking insane flaw that just shits it all up.

Should I just get the s7 and be happy with an excellent all around phone?

get the s7 but beware of stutters and no software support

iphone 8 will have fingerprint dongle confirmed

Mid range phones always lack "something" that flagships get, but since some years ago that something are usually nice-to-have features and not basic stuff like not being a lagfest after a year.

Camera quality is one of the first things that bite the bullet in the 200-300€ range. If that's the only "must" you have, the S7 is a good option but maybe you can consider some others in that price bracket like the Honor 8 with dual cameras. Most reviews also post camera comparisons too, so check some before your purchase.

fair enough, i just care about pics and social media.

>phone
>insanely good camera
okay lol

honor 8 is 340+ here, definitely not worth it.

6x is 220.

g5 plus and p9 goes from 250-300, which at that point I kinda am steering on just paying ab it extra.

if I can get a camera thats 85-90% as good as the s7 at the very lower 200s I'd take it. but if it's 300+ then I'll just add another fiddy and get the flagship.

Sensor size has everything to do with image quality, and cell phones really go for the smallest sensors due to limitations on how big the lens can be.

Go for the ASUS Zenphone 3 Zoom. That one seems good. Can shoot raw, 2 cameras one of which is pretty big (4u).

>this motherfucking autist thinks its acceptable in any way to carry a camera
>hurr my 800$ sony camera SHITS on your fucking phone lelel

You're either a professional photographer/work for the news or some fat creeper.

or both.

Ok, if I bit the bullet and got the Zuk Z2, what do I need to do after I receive it?

I've never "rooted" anything and never "flashed a rom" or whatever the fuck. In layman's terms, what steps do I need to take to make the phone functional and up to date?

Pls respond

in phones software is 50% of the image quality, and asus is dogshit

go to zukfans. cock and check there

you mean this one?

amazon.co.uk/ASUS-ZENFONE-64GB-BLACK-1000032407/dp/B01L29XI4M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492609436&sr=8-2&keywords=zenfone 3

Will it take stuff as good as the s7 and much better than the honor 6x and moto whatever?

>want a phone with insanely good camera

Why not just get a compact camera with a big sensor?

If you have any kind of standards a phone camera will always leave you dissatisfied. Mushy images, bad low light performance, narrow dynamic range.

The Honor 8 IS a flagship though, just not one overdesigned (except for the dual camera stuff) with every single meme feature in existence in order to reach iPhone price points like Samsung or LG do.

no space.

A good camera that's actually an upgrade to a flagship phone is like 500+

I'm not bringing a purse or a fanny pack.

I can't bring a fucking proper camera in a bar, a club or a restaurant without being a weirdo.

Using a camera for taking pictures outside instead of a camera makes me look like some fob foreign fucker from a different eu country.

And again, that shit don't fit my slim fit jeans.

Also I need a new phone.

380 pounds for a camera + phone feels better than 200 on a phone and 400 on a camera.

If you don't like ZUI then pick something from
zukfans.eu/community/threads/7-1-x-unofficial-lineageos-14-1-20170414.4852/

zukfans.eu/community/threads/indian-z2-plus-qpst-official-firmware-zui_2-0-093_st.587/

and follow the instructions

This. I carry a Sony a6000 with me and simply move images to my phone when I need to.

If the camera is as much of a priority as you make it out to be, you could try to get your hands on a Lumia 950. Of course that's assuming you care more about the camera than normie apps like snapchat.

gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=1&idPhone1=7262&idPhone2=7821&idPhone3=8345

I used to think the lack of a headphone jack was a dealbreaker. But considering it meets most of my requirements while being half the price of the S8, I'm unironically willing to compromise and buy an adapter. I mean, I don't consume media on my phone that often, so using an adapter is somewhat acceptable, provided that it actually works and isn't overpriced.

The phone will definitely take some time to hit the market in my country, so we'll see in the meantime if there's a better bang-for-the-buck phone coming out. I hope the OnePlus 5 doesn't disappoint.

amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Lumia-inch-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B06XRZ473P/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1492611033&sr=8-7&keywords=lumia 950

Only care about taking pics of things, people and myself with other people (not selfies in a pitch black room, which all the retards seem to praise the s7 camera being amazing for ).

The camera seems flagship level after a quick view, and I can get a refurbished one off of amazon for 150 bongers less.

>refurbished

what could possibly go wrong with saving an extra 50 quid?

> provided that it actually works and isn't overpriced.
It will break after some time if it's not made of solid metal.

>what could possibly go wrong with saving an extra 50 quid?
Well, it's Amazon so you'll most likely be able to return it no questions asked if something is fucked up.

>shop.bt.com/products/microsoft-lumia-950xl-4g-hspa--gsm-32gb-5-7--windows-phone-10---black-a00026079-btbm-BVNN.html?utm_content=RR00&gclid=Cj0KEQjwldzHBRCfg_aImKrf7N4BEiQABJTPKDK9ssYoMuPhlmuAWC3Po_LTS0PJltwIInnpgxz4LbEaAjYE8P8HAQ

actually this is even cheaper, costs less than the honor 6x and half the price of a s7.

dunno why, its new as well.

Do you think there will be an s8 mini with the same design and an AMOLED screen? I only care about small form factor, OLED screen, small bezels and an ok camera

The adapter only works with LeEco phones since they have patented CDLA. The Mi6 is stuck with Bluetooth.

>>refurbished
>what could possibly go wrong with saving an extra 50 quid?
Probably not much. Maybe some scratches here and there, but functionality usually isn't compromised in refurbished units. Also this Interesting, I'd have expected the XL to be more expensive than the smaller 950. The only differences are the larger screen, and slightly faster SoC in the XL. Snapdragon 810 in XL vs 808 in non-XL.

But yeah, the 950(/XL) camera is up there among the best. I'm still waiting for an Android flagship that doesn't look like a downgrade in that and other crucial (to me) aspects.

Yes.

What's the most comfy screen size?

Fellow samshitters, what color S8 are you getting? Having a hard time deciding between black and silver myself.

Unless Xiaomi sells their own adapters. I mean, they already make almost every single thing imaginable, so I can totally see this happening.

Chinks are literally the jews of Asia.

wait for the Nokia 9

Goddamn I don't know which phone to get
it's driving me insane
every phone I check is fucked up in some way or another
I just want a 5.5" - 5.7" screen with good battery that won't slow down after 1 year goddamn it

Cheap: Redmi Note 3/4 (Snapdragon versions)
Flagship: One Plus 3T

>chink shit
>flagship

I wish they'd make two versions of the Note like the S8. I'd prefer a device the size of the S8 with S Pen.

Getting a pixel XL or Samsung 8 (maybe plus). Samsung has that new processor, but I've heard it isn't notably better performing. Plus the pixel is cheaper now, and has reliable Google software instead of Samsung shit.

So Pixel XL or S8(+)?

>implying bootlooping or exploding gook shit is any better
>implying every single phone is not manufactured in China anyway

>cock and check there

What did you mean by this?

All the reviews say that the lumia 950xl has an excellent camera and very good specs and build and everything but windows is such a shitty os they drop it to 6/10 or 3/5 instead of a 8.5 or 9?

Is it that abhorrent for a casual multimedia social media user?

Did 2016 to 2017 make big improvements to windows?

Or just an S8 lite

>no fingerprint sensor
>no iris scanner
>no shitsby

just a comfy pen attached to it, a larger battery, a tiny bit better camera.

4.7''

why does every phone have those stupid onscreen buttons now?
i just want to get a 5"-5.3" phone with better specs than my redmi 3 but all of the phones i find that are in my price range have those dumb onscreen buttons
also does anyone have any experience with that google phone service, fi or whatever it's called? im tempted to get it, but if its shitty, i don't want to be stuck with a phone with dumb onscreen buttons as well as shitty service

Does anyone has an S6 edge with official nougat? It's been months and my g925f still hasn't received that update, fucking samshit.

It probably depends on which apps you want to use and what you want to do with it beside taking pictures. I don't really use social media myself, but you've got your Facebook and Twitter apps and I think that's about it. Snapchat and Instragram don't exist on Windows.

>Did 2016 to 2017 make big improvements to windows?
Yes. At launch, Windows Phone 10 was disgustingly full of bugs, stability issues, and what have you, which is likely a big reason for the bad reviews. Throughout 2016 it saw a lot of improvements. It's still not perfect, but it is quite fast and smooth/responsive, works well as a daily driver.

Fair enough but isnt IG available on windows phones now?

Does that mean i cant access most hookup or whoring websites of i get a lumia 950xl?

Or any future big name releasing social media?

>Fair enough but isnt IG available on windows phones now?
So it is.
>Does that mean i cant access most hookup or whoring websites of i get a lumia 950xl?
It has a browser that works just fine. Never had any problems with websites in Edge, aside from it lacking webm support.
>Or any future big name releasing social media?
I just said I don't use the stuff, what makes you think I would care to keep up with what's going on about social media ?

kill yourself.

ask me how i know that phone never leaves your house

What's the best browser on phones these days?

Thinking about jumping ship from android to apple as I don't like any of the new phones. Some great deals on the iphone SE, how good are they? Seems to be fuck all price difference between the 32gb and 128gb too which is nice

iphone 5 is dead and not worth spending money to fix myself. I hate apple so much and plan to switch to samsung. I don't use my phone for much more than texting, music, or youtube, and I don't mind size, camera, or old versions provided they do their job and aren't overpriced.. Battery life and ability to disable bloatware are my main concerns.

samsung s7 y/n?

My 5x finally fell for the bootloop meme. What's the best stock phone on the market right now replace it, $500 being my soft ceiling. Or should I just use my backup phone and wait for a big reveal this year?

I'd say wait, if anything the Pixel may even just get cheaper when the new phones come out

Source on the picture?

Is there any (good) android n rom for the lg v10?

Having issues with ADB and my 6P.
My phone is bricked (however I can still open TWRP). When in download mode, it's undetected by adb devices. However, it's shown while in recovery. When I try to fastboot anything, it says waiting for any device. There are 2 emulators present that I can't seem to get rid of.

Redmi 4?

I want to have my phone automatically start a playlist when an NFC tag is read.
What app should I use for this? I used tasker and set it to open a .m3u file whenever if read a specific NFC but it was pretty buggy and palyback didn't always work.
Some media players allow for tasker integrations but I'm not sure wich does this best.

Also what alternatives do I have apart from tasker?

Recommendation on cheap/near disposable smartphone capable of running Lineage/Omni/Sailfish/etc?

Specs don't matter, I run only text based productivity apps.