What you guys think about this design of cable?

What you guys think about this design of cable?

Protrusion from your phone, it shit

>housefires

That's not Apple, therefore it's shit.

I think it is pretty cool. Makes it easier to plug it in and if your port gets damaged you can just take it out and use it normally instead of brining it to a shop for repairs

I have one it's bretty good

Meh, if I need to borrow a friend's cable then I have to take out the fiddly piece of metal. I like to keep one cable by my bedside, one or two in my bag and then one or two more around my house. If I was to use this then Id have to buy like 5-6 of these.

Yes, because Apple means Quality
When this meme end?

When are we getting short-range wireless electricity

Apple doesn't make things for helmet-wearers who handle their devices like angry Silverbacks. I've had Apple cables for all kinds of things for over 10 years. I've never had one fray.

>Jacketed cable

Magnet is not strong enough, the slightest perpendicular tug on the cable results in an interruption of whatever you were doing using it.

>he has to treat his cords like china or they'll break
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah because that's certainly what I said. How young were you when they told you that you've gone full retard?

first grade user, first grade.

I'm really not sure whether you're trolling. I've had Apple products for about a decade and even with gentle use the cables are the most frustratingly poorly built parts. They break and fray constantly.

cables break, Apple should learn how to make them more durable

I shouldn't have to treat them gently when other cables from better manufacturers work just fine

You're the worst kinds of people in tech. You're the normies and teenage girls who do shit like yank cables from the middle to unplug them, throw shit around etc. This is why I have a hard time collecting ThinkPads. Everyone's description of 'excellent condition' by my standards is totally false. It'll have scratches and marks and be 'excellent condition'. What you think is 'normal' use, to me is nigger use.

My iPod Video's cables are still working and intact, as are some old slim 30-pin connectors. Some people break things and they don't even know how.

typical applefag

he thinks we should adapt to design flaws and that Apple can do no wrong

Its shit
Any connectors on any device this thin is shit
All smartphone connectors are generally shit because of space restrictions

I'm not a normie and treat my cables with due respect, but the cable for my iPod touch still frayed badly. None of my other cables ever frayed.

Other user here. I'm using Macs, iPods/Phones/Pads since 2006 and I had only one broken cable over the years, and that was after I gave my old iPad to my parents. I don't know what they did, but I do know that I A.) don't treat Apple cables differently from other cables, and B.) had more broken cables on non-Apple devices; especially earbuds and cheap USB cables that come with most stuff.

There's a big difference between being extra careful and just treating your shit badly.

No. My 2008 Macbook Pro lasted 8 years, until the glue holding the top lid to the monitor fell apart. My fifth gen iPod lasted about as long, until the hard drive died. Those products are reasonably well built, and I take care of my shit.
The adapters and cables on the other hand are extremely cheap, and fall apart after minimal use.

>I had only one broken cable over the years, and that was after I gave my old iPad to my parents
Exactly. Most people on Sup Forums know enough to take care of their shit but the casual user doesn't give a fuck. Hardware manufacturers know this shit, some are kind enough to do something about it, others just see it as another cash cow.

A long time ago.

Its called induction charging.

Mag-safe would be fucking boss, if you just recessed it into the phone so it doesn't stick out that would be great.

>not ifag

If it sits flush witch the device i will buy it