Can someone explain what happened in this pic?

Can someone explain what happened in this pic?

tried to pull the cooler off a PGA chip.

yes

I would love to slide my finger over it. Hmmmmm

probably hardware debugging of some huge FPGA array for ASIC sim. For this purpose enameled copper wire was soldered to the pads of an FPGA so it's easier to get to some signal(s) they want to investigate.

but they are all touching.

that's why the wires are enameled

Somebody hotwired a BGA chip to a board

They have insulated coating.

so how do you cool it when its rigged like that?

not powering the government secret cpu inside

D15 :^)

How can you tell?

Dead-bugged BGA chip. They probably really wanted that bitxh on there and didn't have the equipment to do it properly, and just soldered all the connections manually using enameled wire. It looks horrid, but with a steady hand this wouldn't be hugely challenging for most people.

Return to Sup Forums.

Enameled wire has a sort of sheen to it. Sometimes the enamel is reddish, at which point it's blatantly obvious.

Looks like Stella got her groove back

because they're touching

But signal races and high frequency shenanigans would fuck the circuit over.

Any digital signal of 100 MHz to something that isn't just a couple of millimeters away (or load balanced) end up fucked up.

Don't traces on a motherboard have precise measurements for timing? Wouldn't this mess something up?

yea crosstalk would be atrocious. this wouldn't work.

depends on the speed, depends on the application etc. etc. etc.

>not your dick
normie

Of course. But it's strange to see such big BGA chips in low speed applications.
Besides mechanical support looks frail as fuck.

The only think it comes to mind is that someone is trying to reverse engineer that chip. I see no other reason for that clusterfuck of electrical montage.

>But it's strange to see such big BGA chips in low speed applications
It won't be cooled so I wouldn't expect anything too high performance in this situation.