Why doesn't everyone write everything in C?

Why doesn't everyone write everything in C?

Other urls found in this thread:

kore.io/
learnbchs.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

im also wondering why everyone doesn't code directly in Assembly or even machine language...

because muh safety

cuz pajeet don't know C

Because Java does everything better.

waste of time and money

this
The only people not programming in C are those who don't understand it.

for the same reason i don't shave with a two-handed longsword

C is more like a piece of steel that you need to shape into a razor yourself.

Because C++

Because Python is more simple

Because of any reason you can think of.

Because I want to be finished with my work project this year.

enjoy making websites in C

it's been done
kore.io/

that's just the api framework

the front end can't be done in C

learnbchs.org/

once again, back end only

What?

Because.

Every website has a server and client. Yes you can write back ends in C,

But look at what browser you're running in. Your browser is interpreting HTML/CSS/Javascript.

You could write your own browser in C, and have your Web server send over "CScript" to either interpret/compile and run it to make a front end, but come on.

C is important for making interpreters/browsers/bare metal interactions with the hardware. But it's not for modern Web Development

muh HTML is turing complete

You don't know the definitions of front-end and back-end, kid. Please stay away from computing.

C++ has superseded it.

Which has subsequently been superseded by D.

>what is COBOL

Which has been superseded by Go

>COBOL
>top 3 most widely used

Shoo shoo Google paid shill

HTML and CSS are not programming languages - they're a markup and styling language, respectively...

javascript is a bad programming language, and imo client-side scripting for the web was a bad idea to begin with that was forced through because corporations will do anything to shove their fist further up the public's rectum.

You're confusing client-side with front-end. Front-end has nothing to do with where it happens. It's about presentation. Back-end is about data access. Data access is possible on the client-side too.

Oh shut up, you're exactly the type of retard who thinks he knows what he's talking about but in reality is completely clueless

Go create a complicated web application that runs on multiple servers purely in C, with a deadline of 3 months, and tell me after how many hours you want to kill yourself.

Fucking dumb fucks writing hello world and giving others "advice" about programming, you should be shot.

Where can I get those cool ass ninja turtle keys

I bet you try to convince protagonists in your dreams that they're dreaming

Because you only need it for the heavy lifting. Let me give you an example. Each time you upload an image to Sup Forums on the backend it takes a hash of the file and checks that hash against an FBI database of hashes that are child pron. It would be suitable to make a small C app that takes the image stream as input and spits out the hash because doing this for lots of images on any other language like php or node or python would be shit.

kek

C is only for when you need to do actual computing, hence why python is getting ML attention because you can wrap high performance c code in foofy easy to use wrappers.

>tee-hee-hee i coded hello world in C
because real programmers aren't autistic manbabies

Hardware time is cheaper than programmer time.

Agreed. A lot of these kids and old men on Sup Forums get their Software Dev positions taken by indians because they don't actually have any good programming or admining experience. Then just resort to admining a mongolian anime fan club site. Forever bitter.
If yall actually learned something useful you might stop shitposting and get a job that can pay your moms mortgage.

Not quite an apt analogy; C is too abstract to fit that bill.

Come to think of it, so is machine language.

I think you might be thinking of the language machine language is built on. It doesn't have an official name but many people call it electrical engineering

>Go create a complicated web application that runs on multiple servers purely in C, with a deadline of 3 months, and tell me after how many hours you want to kill yourself.
Fucking easy.
>write it in ruby
>start the C version
>all it does is statically link against ruby's source code and use it to run your ruby script
problem officer

COBOL is still one of the mostly used programming languages today, with an estimated 3 billion lines of COBOL being written every year.
There are 15 open positions for COBOL programmers in my city. There's 1 for C.

Every financial institution in the world is still running COBOL.

When you write C, you get a program to do one specific thing efficiently in the exact manner you want it done with regards to system resources. When proper memory safety precautions are taken, this results in an extremely fast and efficient program at the cost of workflow/productivity.

When you write a higher level language, you get the program to do a lot of things with less regard to the system resources as they are handled automatically. This results in a less efficient program, but higher productivity.

WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

>faith in humanity
>gone

Why isn't everyone writing programs in BASIC?

We had COBOL at work up until the last few months when we finally replaced it all.

The local companies are having such a hard time finding COBOL programmers that one of them has started a training program, where they'll pay you while they teach you COBOL.
I've thought about signing up then transitioning into one of their COBOL positions, but the thought of working in COBOL every day sends a shiver down my spine.

Why didn't everyone writing progran in erectile engineering?

>500 lines of code

Bitch please. My ASCII art at the beginning of each file already takes up a thousand lines.

The same reason everyone doesn't wear a wetsuit, flippers and snorkel when they drive to the grocery store:

You'd look like a retard, and it would serve no practical purpose when it wasn't acting as an outright hindrance.