APPLE BTFO

APPLE BTFO
theverge.com/2017/4/19/15353730/apple-iphone-8-delay-touch-id?

Other urls found in this thread:

webmproject.org/users/#supported_web_browsers
logitech.com/en-us/product/marathon-mouse-m705?crid=7
apple.com/au/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/port-pack
marketwatch.com/story/apple-isnt-really-sitting-on-216-billion-in-cash-2016-01-26
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WHAT THE FUCK, THE VERGE GOING FULL EDGY ON APPLE
HAHAHAH

How long does this thing take to charge?

APPLEL ETERNALLY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

let's be honest here

this is the biggest false flagging article I have seen in years

they are dissing Apple, to get momentum for the new iPhone arrival
somewhat of a 'THEY FINALLY DID IT', because literally no one cares anymore about them

it is sad

>webm just to fuck with applefags
>the thumbnail pretty much shows the content anyways

2 minutes = 1 day, overnight = 2 months
they designed it like that specifically so that people wouldn't leave it plugged in 24/7

I know that everything being decided by the marketing team is supposed to be bad, but it somehow works. I guess they know what the majority of people would like.

10 minutes suffice for a week, give or take. A full battery holds for a couple of months at the office.
It's still an absurdly awful design choice though - how the fuck did it pass QA?

So the charging port position is literally a non issue. Just don't use the mouse for 2 minutes.

People will complain about ANYTHING Apple.

Was an overcharge protection circuit too innovative for them to implement? Are they saving it for the next version?

>Shiller
>Marketing chief

it's like poetry

It's a wireless mouse

I'm being cheeky. I know it's a mouse

It only worked when steve jobs was alive n he dediced tht because he ddnt think he will die, now the marketing team is running around like headless chickens

T. High level appler tht is waiting for summer to come so my contract can end so I can run away

Can someone sell me a Throttlebook for cheap, I need a lap warmer for next winter.

Your reading comprehension would put niggers to shame.
>It's *still* an absurdly awful design choice though
Read it again.

Where should it have been placed?

In the trash with the rest of it.

Samefag Apple cuck

That placement is shit and a design flaw made due to Apple's cheap manufacturing ideals and lack of innovation.

At the front. The mouse would certainly lose nothing by being slightly thicker.
It's a matter of taste, but I personally find it thin to the point of (minor) incontinence.

s/incontinence/inconvenience/
Thanks auto-complete!

Of course Apple could’ve put the lightning connector at the front of the mouse but didn’t want that as they see it as a design failure. Why? Because users would never unplug it and continue to use a wireless mouse as a wired one. So maybe they’re sacrificing a little user convenience to direct the masses to a better overall experience. There will always be certain users that want all the options and settings and ports possible but those users probably shouldn’t be buying and using Apple products either.

>The mouse would certainly lose nothing by being slightly thicker.

lol?

>Shiller
>marketing
Put me in the screen cap.

I honestly wish Apple added webm support.

apple has webm support
you're just too stupid to figure out how enable it

>webmproject.org/users/#supported_web_browsers
>safari not on the list
sure thing buddy

That's a pretty fair point. Now that the Surface is actually a usable device, Apple have been caught with their pants down and the iPad Pro is not at all a proper answer to it.

>users would never unplug it and continue to use a wireless mouse as a wired one

Explain how having that option is a bad thing.

Hell, they should've went even further and route the signals over USB in this case so it has less lag and is impervious to signal interference.

Murphy's law says that it will inevitably run out of juice in the exact moment when you can't afford to stop even for a few minutes.

It's a non-issue for regular users, but it really goes with the latest trend of Apple shitting over professional users, which IMO will end up a problem - pros might not contribute a huge number of sales, but they really help the image for other buyers.

And yet, they're the most successful and influential company in all of human history.

This is a joke, right?

Google is significantly more influential at this point.

It's not the point, it's clear that they can't into proper design because they want their fucking mouse to look like a shoe horn.

besides, two months is garbage..
logitech.com/en-us/product/marathon-mouse-m705?crid=7

>Have to install VLC player and launch videos outside of the browser
>every other device on the planet that can browse the web can play them within the browser

You don't understand murphys law. Has nothing to do with "bad" things happening. There is no objective good or bad in this sense.

>apple several years ago
>products that are functional and aesthetic

>apple now
>everything is 20th anniversary mac

u wot m8?

>"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

>A mouse can run out of juice when you can't pause to charge it

>It will happen

Enlighten us.

Buy a Google Pixel

that webm has no sound and that guy is still annoying

You don't understand it lol, only things that can happen will happen. You as a person don't have a map of the entire universe and the states of every molecule in your head, so you don't know what can happen, but only what can happen will happen. Please tell me you're an american or something, or at least a highschooler.

>
>Because users would never unplug it and continue to use a wireless mouse as a wired one. So maybe they’re sacrificing a little user convenience to direct the masses to a better overall experience.
Why is this bad? Wired mice have infinite battery life and less input lag, what if I value that more?
Designing things to be hard on purpose so that people are forced to use them the way you want to is the definition of bad design.

He's stupid and thinks playing them in an external video player counts

>only things that can happen will happen
Yes, and?
Are you implying that due to Apple magic, their mouse literally cannot run out of battery during time critical work?

I only have an iPhone. The rest of their ecosystem is shit.

Found the cuck

I'm from the Diamondberg School of South Carolina.

He's obviously retarded or American

It's a feature™

The numbers don't lie. $740 Billion.

Apple:
>LIKE MAKE THE WHOLE DEVICE REALLY FUCKING LONG AND FLOPPY OR SOMETHING DUDE LMAO
Microsoft:
>just put a hinge on it

is it bad that i find this image cute

monthly fees? wtf?

How fucking retarded are you?

They change the ports monthly so you subscribe to the packs to stay up to date.

>/month

wat

Different guy. Seeing the exact same shit as him, apple shill.

how stupid are faggots here if you reply to this

apple is dumb 7 confirms

It's a feature ®

fake, went to apple.com/au/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/port-pack and it just redirected to the main page for buying the macbook pro

the uneven paragraph spacing, the mismatched font, the "activate windows" shit in the corner, etc, and all the rest would inform you that this isn't true; perhaps even googling might've given you that insight, but not you, the gullible moron.

>expecting the same dumb fucks who buy these overpriced pretend laptops to have this much intellect
What's wrong with you man!? That's like beating up someone with down syndrome in a wheel chair.

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

>Uneven paragraph spacing
>Mismatched font
I literally copied a cable network provider's site

>Active windows
Has literally nothing to do with the authenticity of the page

>And all the rest
Epic, you fucking retard. You dumb pathetic little fuxking retard.

The only thing that may give it away would be the image's edges which are slightly feathered. That's probably not a design choice Apple would make.

Faggot. Little cuck boy faggot. Useless fucking faggot.

yeah, the "only" thing. That's why you'll never do marketing for a company like this, because you're a waste of molecules and a complete loser.

kys. faggot.

I'm fucking dying

Does it work on their computers? I could see it being useful there

What are you talking about? Its a fucking troll pic. The absolute fucking irony. A troll joke pic, laughing at the oh so dumb Apple users, gets taken as real material from the people calling them dumb.

Holy shit. Yes, you really are that dim witted. Just neck yourself.

What's that you fucking dumb faggot? You little gay mess of flesh. You homo fucking retarded cocksucking AIDS monkey.

>B-b-but much design choices
Ha! You make me laugh, little pathetic Jewish rodent.

How about a bit of sensibility over the reasonability of subscriber port pack hardware? No. Nothing. You had your chance and you missed it because you're a failure in life and you're a failure on the chans. You're going nowhere in life. You're fucking worthless scum that exists to infest. Your family doesn't love you. Your friends hate you. You will die and nobody will care. You're trash and everyone knows it.

Get out before you hurt yourself, bitchboy

Thing is Apple has so much cash in the bank they could have multiple failed iPhones sold as loss leaders and still be fine.

They actually don't even need to make anything they can probably stop selling everything and still keep the lights on not laying off a single person for a decade.

I mean they could straight up give away the next iPhone.

It's pretty fucked how much fucking cash they have in the bank. I don't quite understand why they don't just buy up the entire supply chain. They have the cash to do so.

lolnope

marketwatch.com/story/apple-isnt-really-sitting-on-216-billion-in-cash-2016-01-26

This isn't even taking into account the billions of unpaid taxes apple owes to like everyone.

This. Apple is the most successful company on the planet.

>applelshitters are THIS gullible

lol, just buy two mice, keep one charged!

>I-IH-I-IT DOES!!! YOU JUST HAVE TO ENABLE IT!!!
>how do i enable it?
>...
FUCKING LOL

Interesting - but they still could pull that out of investments. Most of the worthwhile buyouts are overseas anyway so I don't see why not.

Taxes lol they will never pay that. Those greedy fucks. If the tax man comes for them they will just BTFO the government with a threat of leaving the USA.

They got a lot of money so if you base success on that then your probably right.

Not those guys, but I fell for it too. But maybe that's because I haven't really used an apple product since the first generation iPod Video.

(you)

>What happened to apple design
That's what happens when you buy literally anything Apple makes, I swear there are people who would buy a literal shitlog on a plate if it had an apple logo on it. Then when questioned about their purchase, they would say that their plate of shit offers a more pleasurable shit on a plate experience than the competitors.

>It's a plate of shit, its just what I needed, it just works for all of my plate of shit needs
>You're just mad your not nigger rich enough to afford it!

You have to be a colossal fucking autist to fall for that. I can point out no less than 20 different obvious things that prove its satire, but here's a few just with the idea, not even the screenshot itself.

>Apple wouldn't trademark 'Retina experience', or any experience never mind a fucking screen description
>There is no fucking 'My Account' shit on Apple's websites, they're strictly for shopping and shitposting in support forums hidden away
>'automatically including' is pajeet English
>Apple would never announce price increases on their site, and then say their shoddy system is bugging out or whatever

And last, but most obviously

>a monthly subscription for a port hub
>a monthly subscription for a fucking port hub

I don't even know how dumb someone has to be to think that wasn't satire made by some random guy. I don't know how you can believe that image is real Apple material, and operate a computer at the same time. This board is probably the single dumbest place I've ever fucking seen on the whole internet, and anti-Apple spergs create around 80% of the dumbest posts I see.

no, it's a cute image

Why does apple love dongles so much?

Also is it true that new iphone models don't have a 3.5mm audio port?

Because _dong_les

their new logo is revolutionary

>is it true that new iphone models don't have a 3.5mm audio port?

You're actually asking this? Is it some kind of secret information or something that everyone doesn't in fact know? Jesus Christ, the dumb shit I see on this board astounds me. The literal retard implying something else is dumb. Just wow.

apple isn't THAT dumb

And this is fully legitimate.
I bought my current one about 12.5 months ago. I almost never turn it off. I use it several hours a day. It is still on the batteries that came with it and it estimates about 70% charge remaining.

>Just don't use the mouse for 2 minutes.

>mouse runs ou of power while browsing
>cool bro, why not do shit for 2 minutes until you can continue.

It seems to me, and every other person in this thread, that YOU are the one not getting it. There is no need to involve materialism/determinism/metaphysics to interpret such a straightforward rule of thumb...

>having to unplug your phone to plug in the touch id to unlock your phone

Also, has anyone thought about the implications of this?
It has been said that the Touch ID is linked to the secure enclave or phone is some other way in the factory but if this is going to work then it must be bypassing this secure pairing in some way, which means that there is some "master key" that gets past one of the primary security features of the device.

It really makes you think what else could be backdoored in the security of the iPhone, and suddenly the whole Apple vs FBI case comes to light again.

I like Microsoft's hardware, but that's infomercial-tier.

I have a macbook and I love it but theres no denying the design has been shit in recent years

Next iPhone will be the death of Apple if it just copies Samsung. Honestly I don't know what they are doing, I could do better myself in some ways. Feels like there is no vision at all, they are just trying to ride off the Jobs successes as long as they can before people realize they suck now, or something.

VLC on iPhone is laughably bad. Shit crashes everytime and it doesn't allow you to delete videos on the device.

If you can't handle 2 minutes of not browsing the internet something needs a serious reevaluation